Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 05-01-2010, 11:50 PM   #1
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Red face "D'oh!" cracked up my car

It happened over the winter, I already had a small crack in my front fascia near where the fog-lights would be on a SS car. well as I was pulling out of my driveway a portion of the cracked area caught some snow/ice on both sides of my driveway entrance and CRACK! I get out of the car and i see that i busted up the cover even worse than it was. I took pictures of it a little later, pardon the cell phone pics:

far away shot, not so bad

close up, looks worse up close, the damage actually spreads around the left side too.

I wanted to wait till the weather was warmer, and when i had the $$$ to fix it. It was obvious I needed to replace the fascia, this one was too far gone. but most if not all salvage yards in my area either did not have one or wanted WAY to much (some were well over 200 bucks!). I asked my body guy and friend of the family if he could help me out. he called a guy and got me one off of a 2003 LS for 100 bucks, and will have it painted for 178. I told the guy that i have some minor paint flaking on my fenders and quarters in the wheel arch areas mainly near where they meet the rocker panels. he told me he would get them cleaned up and (remove the oxidized areas) and re sprayed for a total of 275 out the door . If all goes well I should have the car in the shop later this month, bad news is i am without a car for a few days, but I have access to my dad's Pacifica if i wanna do something at night after dinner, I will be on my Trek 21 speed during the day . I cannot wait to see my car after the 'refurbishment' later this month .
Old 06-11-2010, 09:33 PM   #2
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Talking

there was a delay in getting Monty fixed up, but he goes into the shop on tuesday morning and HOPEFULLY will be back by the end of the week. it is a god thing I have a bike for those 'no car days' .