Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-06-2011, 05:05 PM   #253
anthonyj9h
"First There"

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
I know, I don't think the sensors are bad, I just think (maybe) that it's sending mixed signals causing the sputter and screwing with the timing. The brain thinks it's doing the right thing so it doesn't throw a code.
yeah a log of the timing would help but SOMEBODY!!!!! left their tuner at the shop so we wont know for awhile

it is written......
anthonyj9h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 07:15 PM   #254
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Norm, if I take the brake booster hose off it sputters and dies like it should. It's the MAF sensor that I can take off with no difference.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:43 PM   #255
markssylver

Drives: 95 bbb impala ss
In a post a few pages back there was a picture of your engine with a breather filter were the oil cap goes
Could that be the leak I know when I had my. Car at ADM Andy told me my tune would need to be changed if I wanted to use one of those could that be your problem just throwing it out there
markssylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:38 PM   #256
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Norm, if I take the brake booster hose off it sputters and dies like it should. It's the MAF sensor that I can take off with no difference.
Ahhhhhh wonder if your speed density tuned. Now I've heard of this, but not exactly sure how it works. But I do think it takes the MAF out of the equation. Maybe thats why there's no change when its off. I hope you get it right Randy.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:48 PM   #257
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Ahhhhhh wonder if your speed density tuned. Now I've heard of this, but not exactly sure how it works. But I do think it takes the MAF out of the equation. Maybe thats why there's no change when its off. I hope you get it right Randy.
Well to clarify..

when he disconnects the MAF it idles the same but when he tries to rev the motor it hesitates... so I'm thinking the MAF is at least partially working correctly.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:59 PM   #258
garcmol

Well, then it's working. Remember when the car would die after a couple of minutes due to the hose collapsing? Wonder if something similar is happening but in a different location. Just enough to make it sputter, maybe?
Old 06-06-2011, 09:07 PM   #259
Redemption
Just Because!

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SSRS
Wait a second, disconnecting the MAF doesnt throw the CEL either? Thats not right, unless it was tuned out. But that leads me to believe there is more going on here than thought...

If the MAF is not right, then the computer is trying to compensate to make things happy. So then the fuel trims are all outta whack.

Got someone close by to swap one with real quick?

We'll find this SOB!

J
Old 06-06-2011, 09:11 PM   #260
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
Wait a second, disconnecting the MAF doesnt throw the CEL either? Thats not right, unless it was tuned out. But that leads me to believe there is more going on here than thought...

If the MAF is not right, then the computer is trying to compensate to make things happy. So then the fuel trims are all outta whack.

We'll find this SOB!

J
I'm not so sure that it doesn't throw a code.... I don't remember Randy posting that it did or didn't???
Old 06-06-2011, 09:14 PM   #261
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
I thought he said no codes.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:16 PM   #262
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Old 06-06-2011, 09:20 PM   #263
Camarowguy

Drives: 2011 imperial blue SS, black 92 RS
Well I didn't have time to read the whole thread....but as a side note...I use wd40 instead of carb cleaner to find a vacuum leak. It's less flammable and doesn't dry stuff out like carb cleaner. Sorry if someone else posted this
2004 5.7 GTO 78mm turbo
Camarowguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:42 PM   #264
garcmol

Quote:
He did. No codes. Very confusing. Randy, all your injectors seated and electrical connections on them tight? How much boost do you guys run with a Magnuson supercharger? Is it adjustable? Does boost stay steady or should it fluctuate as you drive? Does boost reflect on how much additional fuel is needed/used? I just ask cause if Mike at Vengeance said air leak, could it be on the fuel rail? Sort of sounds like your engine is starving at idle
Old 06-06-2011, 10:00 PM   #265
garcmol

Since Chris was here it gave me an idear.....

Why is your intake tube capped right before the throttle body and Chris' isn't? Where does Chris' tube run and what do you have there in it's place?

According to this schematic, that capped off piece on your intake should have a hose running to the rocker cover. Looks like Chris is running a hose from there. Just wondering why yours wouldn't have that.

Last edited by garcmol; 06-06-2011 at 10:11 PM.
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:06 PM   #266
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyj9h View Post
yeah a log of the timing would help but SOMEBODY!!!!! left their tuner at the shop so we wont know for awhile

Quote:
Originally Posted by markssylver View Post
In a post a few pages back there was a picture of your engine with a breather filter were the oil cap goes
Could that be the leak I know when I had my. Car at ADM Andy told me my tune would need to be changed if I wanted to use one of those could that be your problem just throwing it out there
Not sure about that. Hope he didn't charge you. I've known plenty of guys who put one on and didn't have to. I actually was able to take the hose off and NOT plug the intake and it didn't change anytning. In fact, I sprayed starter fluid INTO the opening and it didn't do anything.

Quote:
I have to assume Vengeance got it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Well to clarify..

when he disconnects the MAF it idles the same but when he tries to rev the motor it hesitates... so I'm thinking the MAF is at least partially working correctly.
It hesitates at first. Then it revs just fine.

Quote:
Well, then it's working. Remember when the car would die after a couple of minutes due to the hose collapsing? Wonder if something similar is happening but in a different location. Just enough to make it sputter, maybe?
It really never sputters. Just dies after a little throttle and brake at low rpms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption View Post

We'll find this SOB!

J
I haven't seen a cel in months. And only when it's reved off the limiter.

Quote:
I'm not so sure that it doesn't throw a code.... I don't remember Randy posting that it did or didn't???
Nope. No codes.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarowguy View Post
Well I didn't have time to read the whole thread....but as a side note...I use wd40 instead of carb cleaner to find a vacuum leak. It's less flammable and doesn't dry stuff out like carb cleaner. Sorry if someone else posted this
I used starter fluid and propane.

Quote:
He did. No codes. Very confusing. Randy, all your injectors seated and electrical connections on them tight? Yes. How much boost do you guys run with a Magnuson supercharger? Mine is 7.5 lbs. Is it adjustable? Only with a smaller pulley. Does boost stay steady or should it fluctuate as you drive? It goes up with higher RPMs. Does boost reflect on how much additional fuel is needed/used? Yes. I just ask cause if Mike at Vengeance said air leak, could it be on the fuel rail? Smoke test said no. Sort of sounds like your engine is starving at idle
I had to show the guy how to use the machine. Bad part is there were two other guys standing there as well.

Quote:
Since Chris was here it gave me an idear.....

Why is your intake tube capped right before the throttle body and Chris' isn't? Where does Chris' tube run and what do you have there in it's place?

According to this schematic, that capped off piece on your intake should have a hose running to the rocker cover. Looks like Chris is running a hose from there. Just wondering why yours wouldn't have that.
I recently capped it. AFTER the F-Body Gathering. It's just a breather. Has no bearing.

I'm done for a while messing with it. I'm wore out with it. Spent 600.00 on a tune and got nothing. I've been to a number of shops and experts now and they seem to all be the same. I'm taking a break.

It's still fast.