Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Old 01-05-2015, 06:43 PM   #155
NYROC655

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE Track Ready
2:10:33 at Watkins Glen, October last year in my highly modified 2013 1LE. Take a look at the G meter and see some 1.4's going around some of the corners. Remember, it only takes money to go fast! Enjoy:

Last edited by NYROC655; 01-10-2015 at 02:03 PM.
NYROC655 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 08:57 PM   #156
pktrusty

Drives: 2013 ZL1- 850 JDP
http://youtu.be/qwLGq2ikbqg

Larry H Miller Speedway. Mild winter means I am running Winter X.
pktrusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 08:25 AM   #157
JOHNSONROD

Drives: 62 Chevy & 2021 1SS/1LE manual
they are doing a thing called track X at NCM MSP next saturday. one class run what ya brung. it was supposed to be today but we had a cold snap so they moved it to the 17th. im working it but ill take the car and do a run at some point im sure.

http://www.motorsportspark.org/events/trackx/
JOHNSONROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 07:37 PM   #158
pktrusty

Drives: 2013 ZL1- 850 JDP
We had another winter X event today. We have another one tomorrow. I got a second today and I hope to win tomorrow. It was 40 deg up here.
pktrusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 12:05 PM   #159
solo40oz

Drives: My wife crazy
Track soup at Texas World Speedway last weekend. My first time in the rain - I was slow, but learned quite a bit

solo40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 09:44 AM   #160
Balok

Drives: 2014 Spring Edition SS
New personal best of 2:17:00 at VIR with TrackDaze beating my previous by 3 seconds! It was awesome getting a LOT of clean track and when I didn't have to negotiate traffic I was consistently in the 17's. Here's 2 laps that were about as good as I can drive.

Balok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 03:02 PM   #161
SSSoon

Drives: RY 2011 2SS A6
New personal best for me at VIR. 2:15 and change.

http://youtu.be/7uqe5RH39zk

Also have some different video we took of several laps in the 2:16 range that are part of a longer three-camera setup. We'll likely get data overlays on this one next time I am on track:

Dry sump LS7, cage, JPSS suspension, Wilwood brakes, fire suppression, ARH 3" headers/exhaust, Z/28 DSSV coilovers, Kirkey seats, TeamTech 6-point harnesses, 19" Forgeline GA3R, 325/30R19 Re11 tires, oil cooler, monster JPSS splitter/wickerbill, CAI, brake ducts.
SSSoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 05:55 PM   #162
Mikamaro
MikeNoMaro

Drives: A 2016 Challenger R/T M6 STP
@balok & sssoon: you two guys have similar times but made it very differently. It was fun to watch you both at the same time on one clean lap.
started time :
Balok at 2:28
Sssoon at 14:30
Split window

Track Day Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/mrgoodman2000/videos
Built #83817, Born January 18th, Christened June 11th 2010, Stolen October 3rd 2016.
Mikamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 05:52 AM   #163
SSSoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikamaro View Post
@balok & sssoon: you two guys have similar times but made it very differently. It was fun to watch you both at the same time on one clean lap.
started time :
Balok at 2:28
Sssoon at 14:30
Split window
That's really interesting! Great idea Mikamaro. Balok has me in the corners on that run, for sure, and I'm picking up on the straights. Cool.

Dry sump LS7, cage, JPSS suspension, Wilwood brakes, fire suppression, ARH 3" headers/exhaust, Z/28 DSSV coilovers, Kirkey seats, TeamTech 6-point harnesses, 19" Forgeline GA3R, 325/30R19 Re11 tires, oil cooler, monster JPSS splitter/wickerbill, CAI, brake ducts.
Old 03-26-2015, 06:06 PM   #164
Balok

Drives: 2014 Spring Edition SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSoon View Post
That's really interesting! Great idea Mikamaro. Balok has me in the corners on that run, for sure, and I'm picking up on the straights. Cool.
Nice driving man! I haven't mustered the stones to enter the climbing esses like you do yet. There's an undulation in the track that is just after you pass the cones and you go over it the instant you begin to turn into the first left-hander of the esses. I don't know why I never really noticed it until this time out, but it really gave me the willies this week for some reason, lol. I've gotten used to most of the hairy spots on this track, but that section intimidates the hell out of me for some reason so I'm not overly aggressive there and try to remain within my limits of talent, lol. Things can go badly in a hurry if you get behind on your steering with the way those corners bounce the car around.

I had a pretty major fiasco with a screw up from a local tire shop that ruined 2 of my tires and as a result I was on a mis-matched set of tires with Hankook RS3's x305 on the front and Michelin Pilot Super Sports x 325 on the back. I think the difference in compound and grip level confused the nannies and my Stabilitrack kept kicking in in places it never kicked in before. So I concentrated totally on being smooth, backing up some of the corners a little and hitting my marks to keep the nannies off as much as I could, and I actually picked up speed! Funny how that works, lol.

Anyway, great driving man, too bad we weren't there together. I was the only 5th Gen there, and I got a LOT of compliments on my ride as well as my driving.

By the way, your car sounds bad ass! I'm going to get Kooks this year at some point and take it to PCM for a dyno tune. I'm just trying to decide if I want to go for it all and get longtube headers or just the cat backs.

Balok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 06:44 PM   #165
SSSoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balok View Post
Nice driving man! I haven't mustered the stones to enter the climbing esses like you do yet. There's an undulation in the track that is just after you pass the cones and you go over it the instant you begin to turn into the first left-hander of the esses. I don't know why I never really noticed it until this time out, but it really gave me the willies this week for some reason, lol. I've gotten used to most of the hairy spots on this track, but that section intimidates the hell out of me for some reason so I'm not overly aggressive there and try to remain within my limits of talent, lol. Things can go badly in a hurry if you get behind on your steering with the way those corners bounce the car around.

I had a pretty major fiasco with a screw up from a local tire shop that ruined 2 of my tires and as a result I was on a mis-matched set of tires with Hankook RS3's x305 on the front and Michelin Pilot Super Sports x 325 on the back. I think the difference in compound and grip level confused the nannies and my Stabilitrack kept kicking in in places it never kicked in before. So I concentrated totally on being smooth, backing up some of the corners a little and hitting my marks to keep the nannies off as much as I could, and I actually picked up speed! Funny how that works, lol.

Anyway, great driving man, too bad we weren't there together. I was the only 5th Gen there, and I got a LOT of compliments on my ride as well as my driving.

By the way, your car sounds bad ass! I'm going to get Kooks this year at some point and take it to PCM for a dyno tune. I'm just trying to decide if I want to go for it all and get longtube headers or just the cat backs.

Yeah, I have occasionally screwed up the entry to the Esses. The nice part about screwing up there is that it's uphill, so you can slow down fast if you have to. Less likely to spin or oversteer. But I have seen a guy in a Mustang screw up his timing and leave his chin spoiler behind on one of those inside curbs...

That sucks on the tire problem - sorry to hear it. But it sure looks like you were having fun, and doing great in the corners!

I leave the car in Competition mode (two taps), so the nannies only kick in if you do something surprisingly unsettling for the car. They would be going off all the time if I left it in fully nanny mode.

I'm going to VIR again the May long weekend. There is an event held there by the Mustang SVT Club. It's really, really well done, and the Mustang boys are a great crowd. Super friendly, and honestly, just damn curious about why there are relatively few Camaros at track days. The year I installed my TVS2300 supercharger, some guys from Rousch came over and had a look and got all excited, because Rousch had just bought SLP and my SC was actually a rebadged Rousch. Who knew? Anyhow, a really well run 3 day track event. I'll be there this year - would be great to get a Camaro crowd started.

We are still working out some steering shudder problems for me, and that was my first weekend with the new LS7 and WITHOUT the speed limiter turned on. Hit 159 on the back stretch (!). We are still tweaking shift crispness and some other engine characteristics.

Pete

Old 03-27-2015, 07:27 PM   #166
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Wicked beast! Love that roar!

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 11:39 AM   #167
EarlyApex

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS 1LE
First trackday for 2015.

"https://www.youtube.com/embed/TmKuqdkDKW4"
Old 04-22-2015, 03:56 PM   #168
hcsi99
Cadillac Service Manager

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS, 1LE, NPP, RECAROS
Gingerman Raceway, cold and very wet on BFG Rivals. 2 laps was enough for me. I think I would have been more confident after a few more laps, but I that's usually when things go wrong. It was a $30.00 track night, so not a huge loss plus I was able to ride shotgun with a few people to help them learn the line. Sorry it's not very exciting.
https://youtu.be/J255YXQtyHA