Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 10-18-2009, 12:50 AM   #1
Romeo

Drives: H2 hummer lifted S550 Mercedes
Cool Romeo's Camaro Adventure

Well, this actually started about a month ago. I wanted to upgrade the sound system on my Camaro, so i took it to Audio Fonix (they've worked on my Hummer and Escalade for me in the past). All I wanted was a better, louder sounding system, maybe new speakers, a sub and amps. After a few days they asked if they could do a major system. since there wasn't anyone doing much on Camaros. So I decided to let them go over the top with it. Seeing Camaro's didn't come with sensors or a backup camera, they replaced the factory rear-veiw mirror with a mirror with a built in monitor that retained the onstar buttons, a shallow mount camera that they said wasn't available to anyone yet and a 4 sensor system that displays distance to objects on the back-up monitor.
Attached Images

Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 01:26 AM   #2
Romeo

Cool audio equipment

We decided to go with TREO for the audio system. There will be 2 6.5" speakers in each door, 2 5.25" speakers in each quarter panel and 2 12" subs. 1 2000 watt amp for the subs, 700 watts for the front speakers and 400 watts for the rear. They used a Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.2 signal processor to connect the factory radio to the amps.
Attached Images

Old 10-18-2009, 01:53 AM   #3
Romeo

Cool The subs and amp rack

The subs were mounted in an enclosure under the rear deck. The battery was moved to the driver side and the amps were mounted in the spare tire well.
Attached Images

Tags
audio, camera, seats, wheels