Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-22-2008, 12:18 AM   #1
shadowed_Stranger
WAITING!

Drives: 97 V6 5spd
KEEP THE FAITH!!

GUYS AND GIRLS!!

Please for the love of god CAMN DOWN OVER EVERYTHING.

This camaro is going to be one (to quote Mr. Jackson) "BAD MOTHER ****ER"

With this reveal today I hear everyone talking about how they don't like this or that. It weighs too much, no second v8, no Z/28 (insert random complaint here).

How many years have you been waiting for this car? Does a certain member of the camaro design team post here on a regular basis? Do you HONESTLY think gm would just ignore all of this and release something that is no good?

Why is everyone so worried about the Z/28?
First and foremost, it is just a logo.
Many have said that the Z/28 meant more to camaro owners than SS does. Well doesn't having a camaro mean more to camaro owners than having a mustang does? I mean jesus christ we are getting the CAMARO back! Quit bitching about an emblem. Besides, it has been implied by many at gm that we will be getting a z/28 within a few years anyway, so calm down.
On a side note, isn't there a cavalier Z/24? That means the Z designation isn't camaro specific anyway.

WEIGHT
Weren't we told, "don't worry about the weight"
That doesn't mean it will be kept to 1000 lbs, it means don't worry. It means calm down, it means weight will not be a problem. Do you honestly think the designers do not know what the competition weighs? If they didn't care about the handling would they have put in IRS?

KEEP THE FAITH!!

Scott has said those 3 words over and over, those words mean we will not let you down. You may say the Z/28 means alot to camaro owners, I think keep the faith means alot more. Keep the faith was the phrase that got us our camaro back when we thought it was dead. When he said it then he didn't mention performance, emblems, gas mileage, whatever. All he was talking about back then was our camaro.
NOW scott keeps saying it usually in reference to performance, weight, badging, etc. I think if he can say it then and get us this beautiful car that we all fell in love with when we saw the concept, then bring us that same car to production, he can make that car perform like it should.

I mean, gm has stated that when they saw grown men crying at the concept unveil, they knew they would make the car becuase of what the camaro meant. What it meant then is the same as it does now. They know that, because they know if they tried to change what it meant then the car would fail.

They brought back the car do to its meaning to everyone, they will not let us down.

To fbodfather and everyone else on the camaro team, at chevy, and at gm:
Thank you.
I am 18 right now and plan to buy the biggest most powerful camaro with every performance option I can. I am now working two jobs and doing independent computer work on the side to try to get my camaro. I have applied at both new chevy dealerships within 50 miles of my house every 60 days (application on file length) just to increase my chance of seeing one early and hopefully get a better price on one.
When I turned 16 I didn't care at all about cars. I didn't want one, I didn't need one, I didn't care. Then as I was walking through a used car lot with my friend I saw a camaro. 1997 standard v6. I fell in love. I got it, and within a week I wrecked it. Went sideways into a fence. After I wrecked it I cried for about 10 minutes before I called anyone. I didn't cry because it was new, I didn't cry becuase I would get in trouble, I cried because I loved my car. My parents decided I shouldn't have it and put it up for sale. They were asking about double what it was worth (even more if you consider that it is a mechanical wreck) but I kept saving anyway. About three months ago I bought it back. I paid them what they asked for it, more than it could ever be worth. It is my camaro and I love it to death. It really is like the armorall commercial where the driver looks at his corvette for me. Every time I get out of my car I turn and look at it, and I smile because it is MINE. Every time I am walking back to my car I smile and think about how lucky I am to have such a beautiful car. When I saw the new camaro for the first time I had the same exact feeling that I did when I first saw my car. I am getting that.

So scott, chevy, gm, whoever else helped keep the dream alive, THANK YOU.

KEEP THE FAITH!

EDIT: after rereading I realized it was kind of disjointed, I am sorry. But as you could hopefully tell the car has extremely strong feelings for me and I am crying right now as I typed this whole thing so everything is a bit crazy.
But to sum it up in a sentence, drive one before you make your final decision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by C P View Post
I'll go ahead and say it... how could GM let this happen? They have 5 years to develop the new Camaro and no force field to protect from uninsured drivers???? I'm buying a Honda.
shadowed_Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:21 AM   #2
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Well said.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:21 AM   #3
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Old 07-22-2008, 12:23 AM   #4
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:25 AM   #5
Blizzard
Searching for the truth

Drives: 85 K-10, 13 1LE
Old 07-22-2008, 12:26 AM   #6
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
I have said my piece about the Z28 name plate. and as I have said to others. . .keep faith. I am keeping faith. but I believe strongly in the Z28. it's not just a name it's a way of life.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:27 AM   #7
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
Old 07-22-2008, 12:28 AM   #8
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
There are a few people on the forums like you boxmonkey. much . Keep the dream alive!
Old 07-22-2008, 03:22 AM   #9
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Good post.

The feeling you speak of, .........right there with ya. I turn around too, my friend. That's the passion.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 03:40 AM   #10
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
"The Passion of the Camaro!"

All kidding aside, that was one seriously good post, my friend. I am right there with you. Without getting on a rant, I totaled my '69 Z28 project car that my father and I spent well over a year building, at no fault of my own. Losing that car was a trauma that I NEVER did get over, some 18 years later. In other words, I feel ya, bro!

I suspect the day I take delivery of my new SS, sit in it, and start 'er up - it will be a very cathartic and healing day for me. It's MUCH more than "just a car" to me as well.

Oops, too late, I've ranted. O well. Y'all get my drift.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:49 AM   #11
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Maybe we (well I and few others) feel like we have been keeping the faith for too long now and need a MIRACLE to still believe ... meaning a supercharged camaro prolly Z28, out before the 22nd century ...

Even the REAL GOD makes some miracles sometimes to keep the faith ...
Old 07-22-2008, 04:57 AM   #12
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Well said! Only thing I'm worried about now is me being able to afford the SS before they either a) change the styling, or more unlikely but b) stop selling them.

And I do get the love of the car you describe. I feel the same way for my inherited Saab, and it's not even a very flashy car. But it's mine and I won't be able to part with it until it either dies or I buy a new winter car when I have the Camaro.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:02 AM   #13
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
If they build it....We will come... I sure hope the economic crisis and gas prices don't kill off the Z28's prospects of returning within this generation. Ford and GM are cutting back on SUV production and getting rid of many lines to compensate for drastic market changes this year. The way things are going, we shall see a 4 cylinder camaro in no time and a V8 that will become a relic... I'm keeping the faith we shall see a Z28 with 500 plus HP that beats the current base model corvette in a 0-60 run.. Ultimately most of us here have kept the faith and will keep the faith. However this is still a forum and one that top GM official's read so all of you on here upset about Z28 rumors, you have every right to be... I'm sure Scott heard all of you loud and clear and has passed the word...
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 05:29 AM   #14
i3litzkrieg

Drives: custom camaro 95 3.4 v6 300hp
i like this attittude , i would never cry for a car , but anyway i do feel this as you say everytime i get out of my 95 i look around the car and feel nice , and like everybody here i guess , the first time i saw a camaro was in a hight school i was walking to class when a red camaro 1995 with the t tops off took the corner right where i was , i did just stare at the car, the way the lines were , the way the engine sounded and the way the car lose control of the tail for a second , got me soo DEEEPTLY

long live this commmunity