Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2014, 07:31 PM   #6251
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~
 
Maxspeed's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mansfield Mass
Posts: 2,682
My EDC has been a Glock 26 or a Body Guard 380 (for the gym). I tried that Milt Sparks and it was comfy and barely felt it while sitting. Thought it concealed nicely.
__________________
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
AFTER DETAIL PICS
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 03:32 PM   #6252
IH8OPEC
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
IH8OPEC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ellijay, GA
Posts: 384
My new Trunk Monkey!

Kel-Tec KSG!

__________________
“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." - Alexis de Tocqueville

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ". - Unknown Author

Last edited by IH8OPEC; 10-07-2014 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Reattach photo
IH8OPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 03:39 PM   #6253
ChrisBlair
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 3,976
Thank you for flipping that pic rightside-up
ChrisBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 03:41 PM   #6254
IH8OPEC
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
IH8OPEC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ellijay, GA
Posts: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
Thank you for flipping that pic rightside-up
LOL My S4 has freaked out and is now taking all pics upside down!
__________________
“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." - Alexis de Tocqueville

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ". - Unknown Author
IH8OPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 10:57 PM   #6255
lawman007
Panama-Gulf War Vet
 
lawman007's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 SW 1LT/RS 6M; '95 V6 Red Vert
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingincamaro View Post
no one successfully robed him


ok i have a question for you gun nuts, in the future (maybe 4 years or so) i wanna purchase a fire arm my question is can you LEGALLY purchase M14 or M1A1 Garand Rifle in the USA?

i know i would have to get a gun license (and other things )


Ok so you only need a LICENSE, to concealed carry a pistol. In Chicago, it is difficult and almost impossible.

But for the M16, the M16A1s had Safety, Semi, and Auto selectable. The M16A2s had Safety, Single, and Burst selectable. They were later modified to have Safety, Burst, and Auto like its predecessor. and each subsequent variation. The M16A1 did not have a forward assist in case of jams.

So in most states it is illegal to possess a fully automatic weapon. If you do get a M16A1, in IL, rest assured it will not fire fully auto, and will be modified so as to prevent that mode. But there are kits to to make the A1s and all others fire full auto. I think in AZ you can have a fully auto M16A1.

In most every state, you don't need a license to purchase a rifle or shotgun. Handguns are the exception in Il.

Now the M1 can be had in the US and I had an M1 in Boot Camp. We all had one assigned for marching and drill. These particular ones had lead poured in the barrels. I guess they were deemed no longer serviceable, but just kept around for the recruits. Anyway if you look on auction sites, you may find one or two. You'll pay upwards of $2000.00. I would imagine an M16A1 would go for $6-7k.

Once you win the auction, you would then need a FFL or know someone who does. You can't ship firearms through the mail or other shipping companies unless you do. I have even seen the M81A1 Barretts on these auction sites. These fetch $13-14k. I could imagine you can even get the .50 caliber machine gun. These go for upwards of $36k. Now if you have the money and live in the right state these can be had. Not sure what you'd use them for.
Troy
__________________
lawman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 09:18 AM   #6256
Mr_Draco


 
Mr_Draco's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Western North Carolina
Posts: 6,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman007 View Post
So in most states it is illegal to possess a fully automatic weapon.
Why answer a question that is over 4 years old and was answered correctly way back then?

This part is wrong. Most states (37 to be exact) allow the ownership of a full auto rifle with just a Class 3 tax stamp. Of the 13 states left, 5 also requires additional permits and restrictions. Only 8 states ban the ownership of full auto rifles completely.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 11:09 AM   #6257
IH8OPEC
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
IH8OPEC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ellijay, GA
Posts: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Why answer a question that is over 4 years old and was answered correctly way back then?

This part is wrong. Most states (37 to be exact) allow the ownership of a full auto rifle with just a Class 3 tax stamp. Of the 13 states left, 5 also requires additional permits and restrictions. Only 8 states ban the ownership of full auto rifles completely.
+100, Thanks for putting it straight Draco!
__________________
“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." - Alexis de Tocqueville

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ". - Unknown Author
IH8OPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 06:43 PM   #6258
ChrisBlair
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 3,976
Happiness

I might go to range this weekend. Hope I can. I haven't fired my Colt Sporter Target for a while, bought it used but looks and behaves brand new, I'm a big fan of gently used firearms. Pre-ban with 5.56 upper, 1/7 Colt barrel, no flat top, iron sights, old school. Awesome rifle, it feels like I'm cheating when I shoot it.

I was worried I had no ammo. So I pulled out some cans. An entire 30-cal can filled with nothing but 5.56 on stripper clips that I forgot I had?

Check.
ChrisBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 03:53 PM   #6259
Yippee38
 
Yippee38's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS, '02 SOM Firehawk
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: near Chicago
Posts: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman007 View Post
Ok so you only need a LICENSE, to concealed carry a pistol. In Chicago, it is difficult and almost impossible.

But for the M16, the M16A1s had Safety, Semi, and Auto selectable. The M16A2s had Safety, Single, and Burst selectable. They were later modified to have Safety, Burst, and Auto like its predecessor. and each subsequent variation. The M16A1 did not have a forward assist in case of jams.

So in most states it is illegal to possess a fully automatic weapon. If you do get a M16A1, in IL, rest assured it will not fire fully auto, and will be modified so as to prevent that mode. But there are kits to to make the A1s and all others fire full auto. I think in AZ you can have a fully auto M16A1.

In most every state, you don't need a license to purchase a rifle or shotgun. Handguns are the exception in Il.

Now the M1 can be had in the US and I had an M1 in Boot Camp. We all had one assigned for marching and drill. These particular ones had lead poured in the barrels. I guess they were deemed no longer serviceable, but just kept around for the recruits. Anyway if you look on auction sites, you may find one or two. You'll pay upwards of $2000.00. I would imagine an M16A1 would go for $6-7k.

Once you win the auction, you would then need a FFL or know someone who does. You can't ship firearms through the mail or other shipping companies unless you do. I have even seen the M81A1 Barretts on these auction sites. These fetch $13-14k. I could imagine you can even get the .50 caliber machine gun. These go for upwards of $36k. Now if you have the money and live in the right state these can be had. Not sure what you'd use them for.
Troy
A lot of that answer is wrong. It is not that difficult to get a concealed carry permit in IL. You just have to go through the paperwork and a training course. LOTS of people have done it.

You cannot legally own any kind of "assault rifle" in Cook County, IL. They passed that ordinance at the beginning of 2014, or end of 2013. They specifically named several "popular assault rifles" such as AKs, ARs, M-16s, FALs, etc.. There is currently a suit over the legality of that ordinance, and the county has elected not to enforce that law until the suit is settled. If the suit fails though, I would expect that it would be enforced in varying degrees depending on the township, and the attitudes of their local government and law enforcement. I've read that several towns police chiefs have stated that they will not enforce that law. You would have to check with your local police though. I would guess that Chicago would definitely enforce it.

You can buy surplus M1's directly from the gov't through the Citizen's Marksmanship Program. Some are much cheaper than you indicated, but their condition varies. I have been told that the best way to buy one is to go there and hand pick your rifle. They will ship it to your FFL.
__________________
Yippee38
Yippee38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 03:58 PM   #6260
hypercarfanatic
 
hypercarfanatic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F-150
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: United States
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8OPEC View Post
My new Trunk Monkey!

Kel-Tec KSG!

You feel like doing a write up? I have been hesitant to look more into it, given the first, initial, poor reaction. Would love to know what you think of it.
hypercarfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 04:00 PM   #6261
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper
 
Kyle2k's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Posts: 3,244
Sorry if this has been covered already but what do people think of the new trijicon VCOG? I know it is expensive but do you feel it is worth it? Wondering it has the durability of the ACOG?
__________________
Kyle2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 10:09 PM   #6262
hypercarfanatic
 
hypercarfanatic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F-150
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: United States
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
Sorry if this has been covered already but what do people think of the new trijicon VCOG? I know it is expensive but do you feel it is worth it? Wondering it has the durability of the ACOG?
I have heard some good things about it, and seen it once or twice at some local ranges, but it was way too far out of any price range (of mine) for me to do any serious looking.

That being said, this is the internet, so I will talk out of my ass for a second - they are trijicon, and there has been no major outcry, so I would *assume* that it is on par with the acog, which is essentially legend.

Good luck!!
hypercarfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 10:47 PM   #6263
stlrammer

 
stlrammer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS SGM
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Saint Louis, MO USA
Posts: 1,951
Let me introduce you to my personal best friend, M41A Pulse Rifle.

__________________
stlrammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 05:53 AM   #6264
Demon War Horse
War Horse Pilot
 
Demon War Horse's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 AGM 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: N.Texas
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrammer View Post
Let me introduce you to my personal best friend, M41A Pulse Rifle.

But where do you get the 10MM explosive tip caseless, standard light armor piercing rounds?

What is the base on this one? I think the originals were based off of the Tommy gun right?
__________________
2014 AGM 2SS/RS
Click Sig Pic for Demon Ware Horse's Build Thread

SigPic by Hazman
Demon War Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 03:04 PM   #6265
Bhobbs


 
Bhobbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 2,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon War Horse View Post
But where do you get the 10MM explosive tip caseless, standard light armor piercing rounds?

What is the base on this one? I think the originals were based off of the Tommy gun right?
Looks like a Thompson or a semi auto variant of it to me.
__________________
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:35 AM   #6266
Ryanbabz71


 
Ryanbabz71's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Avon, Indiana
Posts: 2,800
Anyone have a Springfield armory XDS? Do you like it? What caliber?


Ryan
__________________
Ryan
* 2012 2SS Camaro Convertible Ashen Gray
Car Photos http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257256
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:40 AM   #6267
Dizzy82

 
Dizzy82's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Posts: 1,283
I had an XDS45, it was a great little carry gun. Recoil was very manageable, and it was very accurate out to <25 yards. I wish I could have tried the 9mm version first though.
__________________
Power is worthless without control.
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:50 AM   #6268
Ryanbabz71


 
Ryanbabz71's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Avon, Indiana
Posts: 2,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
I had an XDS45, it was a great little carry gun. Recoil was very manageable, and it was very accurate out to <25 yards. I wish I could have tried the 9mm version first though.

Why do you say that? You think it performs better?


Ryan
__________________
Ryan
* 2012 2SS Camaro Convertible Ashen Gray
Car Photos http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257256
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 01:13 PM   #6269
shibbs

 
shibbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: West Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon War Horse View Post
But where do you get the 10MM explosive tip caseless, standard light armor piercing rounds?

What is the base on this one? I think the originals were based off of the Tommy gun right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Looks like a Thompson or a semi auto variant of it to me.
Thompson IS a Tommy Gun. hahaha


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post
Anyone have a Springfield armory XDS? Do you like it? What caliber?


Ryan
I carry my XDS 45 3.3" every day. I love it. It's perfectly accurate out to 30 yards, and any more than that I think it's me more than the firearm. haha
I like the option for different mags (5 round short, or 7 rounds that extend the grip.)

The only complaint is the weight, but that's what you get when you're carring a .45 with 5+1 rounds of 230 grain hollow points, plus any extra mags.

As for the 9mm variant, I can't see how it would be better, as it was designed from the get-go to be a .45.
__________________
Custom ordered 2012 6MT RS/SS on 11/25/2011. Picked up 01/31/12.
Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, off-road extensions, stock exhaust. CAI cold-air intake. Tuned by Ronnie @ RS Motors in Burnsville.
438 WHP, 406 WTQ
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 02:03 PM   #6270
Dizzy82

 
Dizzy82's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Posts: 1,283
I just prefer 9mm, nothing wrong with the XDS45, I just think I would have liked the XDS9 better.
__________________
Power is worthless without control.
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 09:12 PM   #6271
Bhobbs


 
Bhobbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 2,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbs View Post
Thompson IS a Tommy Gun. hahaha
Yea, I know. He asked what the one pictured was based on. I was just saying it looks like a Thompson aka Tommy Gun, Chicago Typewriter etc.
__________________
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 06:59 PM   #6272
ChrisBlair
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 3,976
Shoulda bought one of the Tommy gun kits I saw at IMA a few years back. Everything USGI except for no receiver. 600 bucks and they were selling milled dummy receivers for a couple hundred. Shoulda done it.
ChrisBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:29 AM   #6273
xc_SS/RS
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: G-burg, MD
Posts: 105
Gonna be picking up a .22 to hunt squirrel with soon. Been looking at the Marlin Model 60sn or the xt-22rc with the threaded barrel. Any recommendations for some good glass? Nothing too expensive.

Also will the longer barrel on the xc-22rc be more accurate than the model 60 (22 vs 19 inches)? Also not sure if I would end up suppressing the rifle so gotta decide that as well.
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
camaro gun

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Firearms section? monstertodd Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions 23 06-10-2010 08:32 PM
Removing Swirl Marks using a Flex and Meguiars M105/M205 Angelo@Autopia Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection 5 05-22-2010 10:36 PM
The COPO of Today The_Blur 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 48 01-31-2010 07:00 PM
Laws Protecting Consumers for Aftermarket Parts strauchpete Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum 9 01-17-2010 08:31 AM
IMPORTANT Part 1 Warranty Disputes Zeus Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls 11 08-25-2009 11:37 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.