Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Old 10-04-2014, 07:31 PM   #6251
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
My EDC has been a Glock 26 or a Body Guard 380 (for the gym). I tried that Milt Sparks and it was comfy and barely felt it while sitting. Thought it concealed nicely.
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
AFTER DETAIL PICS
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 03:32 PM   #6252
IH8OPEC
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS L99
My new Trunk Monkey!

Kel-Tec KSG!

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ". - Unknown Author

Last edited by IH8OPEC; 10-07-2014 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Reattach photo
IH8OPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 03:39 PM   #6253
ChrisBlair
Account Suspended

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Thank you for flipping that pic rightside-up
ChrisBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 03:41 PM   #6254
IH8OPEC
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
Thank you for flipping that pic rightside-up
LOL My S4 has freaked out and is now taking all pics upside down!

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ". - Unknown Author
Old 10-07-2014, 10:57 PM   #6255
lawman007
Panama-Gulf War Vet

Drives: '11 SW 1LT/RS 6M; '95 V6 Red Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingincamaro View Post
no one successfully robed him

ok i have a question for you gun nuts, in the future (maybe 4 years or so) i wanna purchase a fire arm my question is can you LEGALLY purchase M14 or M1A1 Garand Rifle in the USA?

i know i would have to get a gun license (and other things )

Ok so you only need a LICENSE, to concealed carry a pistol. In Chicago, it is difficult and almost impossible.

But for the M16, the M16A1s had Safety, Semi, and Auto selectable. The M16A2s had Safety, Single, and Burst selectable. They were later modified to have Safety, Burst, and Auto like its predecessor. and each subsequent variation. The M16A1 did not have a forward assist in case of jams.

So in most states it is illegal to possess a fully automatic weapon. If you do get a M16A1, in IL, rest assured it will not fire fully auto, and will be modified so as to prevent that mode. But there are kits to to make the A1s and all others fire full auto. I think in AZ you can have a fully auto M16A1.

In most every state, you don't need a license to purchase a rifle or shotgun. Handguns are the exception in Il.

Now the M1 can be had in the US and I had an M1 in Boot Camp. We all had one assigned for marching and drill. These particular ones had lead poured in the barrels. I guess they were deemed no longer serviceable, but just kept around for the recruits. Anyway if you look on auction sites, you may find one or two. You'll pay upwards of $2000.00. I would imagine an M16A1 would go for $6-7k.

Once you win the auction, you would then need a FFL or know someone who does. You can't ship firearms through the mail or other shipping companies unless you do. I have even seen the M81A1 Barretts on these auction sites. These fetch $13-14k. I could imagine you can even get the .50 caliber machine gun. These go for upwards of $36k. Now if you have the money and live in the right state these can be had. Not sure what you'd use them for.
Troy
Old 10-08-2014, 09:18 AM   #6256
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman007 View Post
So in most states it is illegal to possess a fully automatic weapon.
Why answer a question that is over 4 years old and was answered correctly way back then?

This part is wrong. Most states (37 to be exact) allow the ownership of a full auto rifle with just a Class 3 tax stamp. Of the 13 states left, 5 also requires additional permits and restrictions. Only 8 states ban the ownership of full auto rifles completely.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 11:09 AM   #6257
IH8OPEC
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Why answer a question that is over 4 years old and was answered correctly way back then?

This part is wrong. Most states (37 to be exact) allow the ownership of a full auto rifle with just a Class 3 tax stamp. Of the 13 states left, 5 also requires additional permits and restrictions. Only 8 states ban the ownership of full auto rifles completely.
+100, Thanks for putting it straight Draco!

Old 10-08-2014, 06:43 PM   #6258
ChrisBlair
Account Suspended

Happiness

I might go to range this weekend. Hope I can. I haven't fired my Colt Sporter Target for a while, bought it used but looks and behaves brand new, I'm a big fan of gently used firearms. Pre-ban with 5.56 upper, 1/7 Colt barrel, no flat top, iron sights, old school. Awesome rifle, it feels like I'm cheating when I shoot it.

I was worried I had no ammo. So I pulled out some cans. An entire 30-cal can filled with nothing but 5.56 on stripper clips that I forgot I had?

Check.
Old 10-09-2014, 03:53 PM   #6259
Yippee38

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS, '02 SOM Firehawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman007 View Post
Ok so you only need a LICENSE, to concealed carry a pistol. In Chicago, it is difficult and almost impossible.

But for the M16, the M16A1s had Safety, Semi, and Auto selectable. The M16A2s had Safety, Single, and Burst selectable. They were later modified to have Safety, Burst, and Auto like its predecessor. and each subsequent variation. The M16A1 did not have a forward assist in case of jams.

So in most states it is illegal to possess a fully automatic weapon. If you do get a M16A1, in IL, rest assured it will not fire fully auto, and will be modified so as to prevent that mode. But there are kits to to make the A1s and all others fire full auto. I think in AZ you can have a fully auto M16A1.

In most every state, you don't need a license to purchase a rifle or shotgun. Handguns are the exception in Il.

Now the M1 can be had in the US and I had an M1 in Boot Camp. We all had one assigned for marching and drill. These particular ones had lead poured in the barrels. I guess they were deemed no longer serviceable, but just kept around for the recruits. Anyway if you look on auction sites, you may find one or two. You'll pay upwards of $2000.00. I would imagine an M16A1 would go for $6-7k.

Once you win the auction, you would then need a FFL or know someone who does. You can't ship firearms through the mail or other shipping companies unless you do. I have even seen the M81A1 Barretts on these auction sites. These fetch $13-14k. I could imagine you can even get the .50 caliber machine gun. These go for upwards of $36k. Now if you have the money and live in the right state these can be had. Not sure what you'd use them for.
Troy
A lot of that answer is wrong. It is not that difficult to get a concealed carry permit in IL. You just have to go through the paperwork and a training course. LOTS of people have done it.

You cannot legally own any kind of "assault rifle" in Cook County, IL. They passed that ordinance at the beginning of 2014, or end of 2013. They specifically named several "popular assault rifles" such as AKs, ARs, M-16s, FALs, etc.. There is currently a suit over the legality of that ordinance, and the county has elected not to enforce that law until the suit is settled. If the suit fails though, I would expect that it would be enforced in varying degrees depending on the township, and the attitudes of their local government and law enforcement. I've read that several towns police chiefs have stated that they will not enforce that law. You would have to check with your local police though. I would guess that Chicago would definitely enforce it.

You can buy surplus M1's directly from the gov't through the Citizen's Marksmanship Program. Some are much cheaper than you indicated, but their condition varies. I have been told that the best way to buy one is to go there and hand pick your rifle. They will ship it to your FFL.
Old 10-09-2014, 03:58 PM   #6260
hypercarfanatic

Drives: 2013 F-150
Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8OPEC View Post
My new Trunk Monkey!

Kel-Tec KSG!

You feel like doing a write up? I have been hesitant to look more into it, given the first, initial, poor reaction. Would love to know what you think of it.
hypercarfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 04:00 PM   #6261
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Sorry if this has been covered already but what do people think of the new trijicon VCOG? I know it is expensive but do you feel it is worth it? Wondering it has the durability of the ACOG?
Old 10-09-2014, 10:09 PM   #6262
hypercarfanatic

Drives: 2013 F-150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
Sorry if this has been covered already but what do people think of the new trijicon VCOG? I know it is expensive but do you feel it is worth it? Wondering it has the durability of the ACOG?
I have heard some good things about it, and seen it once or twice at some local ranges, but it was way too far out of any price range (of mine) for me to do any serious looking.

That being said, this is the internet, so I will talk out of my ass for a second - they are trijicon, and there has been no major outcry, so I would *assume* that it is on par with the acog, which is essentially legend.

Good luck!!
hypercarfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 10:47 PM   #6263
stlrammer

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS SGM
Let me introduce you to my personal best friend, M41A Pulse Rifle.

Old 10-10-2014, 05:53 AM   #6264
Demon War Horse
War Horse Pilot

Drives: 2014 AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrammer View Post
Let me introduce you to my personal best friend, M41A Pulse Rifle.

But where do you get the 10MM explosive tip caseless, standard light armor piercing rounds?

What is the base on this one? I think the originals were based off of the Tommy gun right?

SigPic by Hazman
Demon War Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 03:04 PM   #6265
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon War Horse View Post
But where do you get the 10MM explosive tip caseless, standard light armor piercing rounds?

What is the base on this one? I think the originals were based off of the Tommy gun right?
Looks like a Thompson or a semi auto variant of it to me.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:35 AM   #6266
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Anyone have a Springfield armory XDS? Do you like it? What caliber?

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:40 AM   #6267
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT
I had an XDS45, it was a great little carry gun. Recoil was very manageable, and it was very accurate out to <25 yards. I wish I could have tried the 9mm version first though.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:50 AM   #6268
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
I had an XDS45, it was a great little carry gun. Recoil was very manageable, and it was very accurate out to <25 yards. I wish I could have tried the 9mm version first though.

Why do you say that? You think it performs better?

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 01:13 PM   #6269
shibbs

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon War Horse View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Looks like a Thompson or a semi auto variant of it to me.
Thompson IS a Tommy Gun. hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post
Anyone have a Springfield armory XDS? Do you like it? What caliber?

Ryan
I carry my XDS 45 3.3" every day. I love it. It's perfectly accurate out to 30 yards, and any more than that I think it's me more than the firearm. haha
I like the option for different mags (5 round short, or 7 rounds that extend the grip.)

The only complaint is the weight, but that's what you get when you're carring a .45 with 5+1 rounds of 230 grain hollow points, plus any extra mags.

As for the 9mm variant, I can't see how it would be better, as it was designed from the get-go to be a .45.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 02:03 PM   #6270
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT
I just prefer 9mm, nothing wrong with the XDS45, I just think I would have liked the XDS9 better.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:12 PM   #6271
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbs View Post
Thompson IS a Tommy Gun. hahaha
Yea, I know. He asked what the one pictured was based on. I was just saying it looks like a Thompson aka Tommy Gun, Chicago Typewriter etc.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:59 PM   #6272
ChrisBlair
Account Suspended

Shoulda bought one of the Tommy gun kits I saw at IMA a few years back. Everything USGI except for no receiver. 600 bucks and they were selling milled dummy receivers for a couple hundred. Shoulda done it.
Old Yesterday, 11:29 AM   #6273
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Gonna be picking up a .22 to hunt squirrel with soon. Been looking at the Marlin Model 60sn or the xt-22rc with the threaded barrel. Any recommendations for some good glass? Nothing too expensive.

Also will the longer barrel on the xc-22rc be more accurate than the model 60 (22 vs 19 inches)? Also not sure if I would end up suppressing the rifle so gotta decide that as well.
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro gun