Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 04-25-2017, 11:18 AM   #281
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
I definitely do see where the author is coming from. I have no doubt that one of the first Demon owners is going to crash into a tree 50 yards from the dealer entrance. Sadly I also have no doubt that some Demon owner will do something stupid and cost someone else his/her life.

At the same time though, there are idiots in every group of people with something in common, and I hate punishing the group for the actions of one individual.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:08 PM   #282
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
At the same time though, there are idiots in every group of people with something in common, and I hate punishing the group for the actions of one individual.
Yes. Just because Dodge is making the Demon what it is doesn't make it any more or less possible to have it wrapped around a tree or be involved in illegal street racing.

Just check out the news - a lot of fatalities from street racing aren't from high powered cars; often, it is from idiots in a Civic racing a V6 Mustang, etc. It's the action and behavior of the driver that will determine if some nut job wrecks it.
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 12:29 PM   #283

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven87 View Post
Yes. Just because Dodge is making the Demon what it is doesn't make it any more or less possible to have it wrapped around a tree or be involved in illegal street racing.

Just check out the news - a lot of fatalities from street racing aren't from high powered cars; often, it is from idiots in a Civic racing a V6 Mustang, etc. It's the action and behavior of the driver that will determine if some nut job wrecks it.
That's all very true. But in the public's eye, and the media's, the difference is that they should have and could have gone to the track and raced safely instead....

Dodge is not shying away from this "in your face", "middle-finger", publicity that they apparently see as a way to sell cars....When one of these crashes or causes fatalities on the street there will be an outcry of why didn't they go to the track and race....Well, because you know....etc., etc.,...All the details of how it could have been made drag legal will be nowhere to be heard...

I think the Demon is great and an awesome build. But the way most non-enthusiasts will view it will set back public perception of high-performance modern muscle cars and drag racing in general...

Hopefully all goes well, but if Dodge wants to promote an in-your-face attitude, it will get some push-back....But, ironically, that sort of negative publicity or back-lash seems like exactly what they would welcome.

Last edited by 90503; 04-25-2017 at 12:56 PM.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 02:11 PM   #284
blakjak55
drinks virgil's

Drives: 2010 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
That's all very true. But in the public's eye, and the media's, the difference is that they should have and could have gone to the track and raced safely instead....

Dodge is not shying away from this "in your face", "middle-finger", publicity that they apparently see as a way to sell cars....When one of these crashes or causes fatalities on the street there will be an outcry of why didn't they go to the track and race....Well, because you know....etc., etc.,...All the details of how it could have been made drag legal will be nowhere to be heard...

I think the Demon is great and an awesome build. But the way most non-enthusiasts will view it will set back public perception of high-performance modern muscle cars and drag racing in general...

Hopefully all goes well, but if Dodge wants to promote an in-your-face attitude, it will get some push-back....But, ironically, that sort of negative publicity or back-lash seems like exactly what they would welcome.
Considering the demographic and culture that many of their models appeal and sell to, I'd say that attitude will probably sell quite a few more.

They won't make enough of the Demons to really have an impact IMO. There are plenty of high HP cars out there already well beyond the capabilities of the owners driving them and it hasn't caused anything (yet).