Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Texas

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-25-2012, 05:48 PM   #1079
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by crewxp View Post
Haha thanks for the suggestion. I'm mixed right now about what I'm going to do about that. It makes such a difference with no plate on. It's strange how many cars you seem to notice that you haven't noticed before that don't have front plates after you get stopped for it.

I'm thinking of doing a hide away one and putting it up when I travel cities. Not legal :/ but eh.

And yes, the sidemarker deal was indeed strange to me. It was about an hour long stop. He pulled me over, I rolled down my window nervously and said "Hi Officer". He didn't say anything and was just looking at my car for about a good 5 minutes. He said "come out here and look at this with me". So I got out, and looked at my rear marker. No one talked for a good 5 minutes, it was strange. He was just feeling the sidemarkers.

Then he went on about how he said he doesn't like people who don't think about the safety of others (?), asked why I covered my reflectors with white tape (Didnt know what he meant. They were the AAC body colored ones), and told me how important it was for cars to see me at night by using reflectors. If cars shine their light at me at night, they can't see me if there's no light reflecting back. I just agreed and apologized for everything. He was an older officer and I tried to show as much respect as I could. I disagreed when he was saying I didn't care about safety as I always hate it when people are wreckless drivers and don't keep up with their cars. But I kept my mouth shut and took my ticket

Oh yeah. And after pulling out of the parking lot from the cop, this paint-chipped impala pulled right in front of me without signaling and started going about 15 under. He had his loud bass rattling his car. I passed him... no front plate. (Looked like it fell off actually, screws still on, missing part of the front) The officer was still sitting in his car. What a horrible day.
Crew...sending you a PM.
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:05 PM   #1080
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
Crew...sending you a PM.
Russ... he's over on our forum as well...
Old 04-28-2012, 07:44 PM   #1081
mlee
CamaroFans.com

WHM is going on now at 59 Diner in Katy and I'll be headed over to join the gang at Coaches at midnight...

should be a nice crowd of muscle there tonight...
Old 04-29-2012, 10:44 AM   #1082
xbmx89
WHM PREZ

Drives: Pontiac GTO
Pics from Saturday's Cruise In http://www.westhoustonmuscle.com/for...-In-April-2012
xbmx89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:19 PM   #1083
crewxp

Drives: 2LT RS Summit White Camaro
Just wanted to update my last post. I ended up getting a lot done this past weekend.

I went up to the office with the same setup I had when I had gotten pulled over and spoke my mind. I ended up getting the ticket dropped and one of the officers laughed when he saw my sidemarkers and looked at the cops comment on my ticket about them. It said "missing reflectors, broken corners". We were all a little confused at the time, but I'm glad they were actually down to earth about it.

Thanks again for the help!
crewxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:21 PM   #1084
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewxp View Post
Just wanted to update my last post. I ended up getting a lot done this past weekend.

I went up to the office with the same setup I had when I had gotten pulled over and spoke my mind. I ended up getting the ticket dropped and one of the officers laughed when he saw my sidemarkers and looked at the cops comment on my ticket about them. It said "missing reflectors, broken corners". We were all a little confused at the time, but I'm glad they were actually down to earth about it.

Thanks again for the help!
AWESOME Update... glad it got dropped and the world is round again.

Now you can bring some of that $$$ you saved and get some raffle tickets... check out the stuff we will be giving away at Kemah on Saturday.. just click my sig for more info..

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 323
Size:  141.1 KB

PLUS a full set of PEDDERS COIL OVERS with FREE INSTALLATION that will be auctioned off.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:52 PM   #1085
rlem00

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Thought I would post this up for those in my area. The wife and i are opening a CF and there is a lot of parking lot space there. For the grand opening (looking to be in June) we thought having a meet that morning. For me that would put two things I am passionate about, my car and CrossFit, in the same place! Once we get a firm date I will post the details up. But for now if you wanna track the progression of the box you can like us on FB.

http://www.facebook.com/CrossFitMagnolia
rlem00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:02 AM   #1086
SSlim

Drives: 2011 Cyber Grey 1SS/RS A6
When is the next Houston area meet? I got to get out and meet some of you folks!

Would also love for someone to take me for a ride in a whip'd C5. I ordered mine this week and can't wait to get it in!
SSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:32 AM   #1087
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
The next big show/meet a lot of us are going is next weekend, Aeros & Autos at Ellington Field on the 12th.....here is a link to all the thread. in there is some info where people from different parts of the city are gathering up to go as a group.

http://www.h-towncamaroclub.com/show...llington-Field
Old 05-09-2012, 07:59 AM   #1088
Sales@Hennessey

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Sales@Hennessey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
The next big show/meet a lot of us are going is next weekend, Aeros & Autos at Ellington Field on the 12th.....here is a link to all the thread. in there is some info where people from different parts of the city are gathering up to go as a group.

http://www.h-towncamaroclub.com/show...llington-Field
This weekend!
Sales@Hennessey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:08 AM   #1089
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@Hennessey View Post
This weekend!

Can we sign up for the 1/2 mile out there or do you have to pre register. I heard spots were still open.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:16 AM   #1090
Sales@Hennessey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post

Can we sign up for the 1/2 mile out there or do you have to pre register. I heard spots were still open.
Registration ends at 5pm today so register online at http://www.houstonmile.com/
Old 05-09-2012, 09:33 AM   #1091
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@Hennessey View Post
This weekend!
now don't start the debate what NEXT and THIS is.....lol AFTER ALL, as stated....the event in on the 12th of May.....and that IS the NEXT Saturday on the calendar, is in not?? lol
Old 05-09-2012, 09:47 AM   #1092
Sales@Hennessey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
now don't start the debate what NEXT and THIS is.....lol AFTER ALL, as stated....the event in on the 12th of May.....and that IS the NEXT Saturday on the calendar, is in not?? lol
Agreed... which is THIS Saturday!