Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-29-2012, 02:58 PM   #15
brucedd
Account Suspended

Drives: xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by bee sting View Post
I installed mine last week and have NO issues ! Now it did take almost 2 months to get them but thats just what's happening right now with the high demand for them .
Good luck when you call tomorrow . I'm sure it's a simple over look on the install hookup. Post up when you get your answer.

Thanks! I hope so, but no support on weekends when most of us are actually doing our intall is infuriating! I will post any updates...

UPDATE- I WILL NOT POST UPDATES...SEE BELOW AND RELY ON THE SUNSHINE BOYS TO TELL YOU IT IS ALL OK

Last edited by brucedd; 07-29-2012 at 03:27 PM.
brucedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:03 PM   #16
brucedd
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDWEIRD View Post
No offense Bruce, but there are literally hundreds of folks on here with no problems with them. Your post may be a bit condemning without any basis but one set of lights.

Just my two cents. The good news is, there are tons of posts on here about the great customer service (during business hours) that they offer on the units. Good luck, and I hope that they resolve your problem quickly.

Ed
Odd, I only see negative comments. My initial post was to see if there were many more with positive comments. But I went ahead and installed anyway. CONFIRMING THE NEGATIVE COMMENTS. NEW BUYERS BEWARE, DON"T MAKE MY MISTAKE AND HOPE YOU MIGHT GET GOOD ONES. $400 is too much for this quantity of Quality Control failures. I am happy yours work, but TOO MANY people's don't without a pain and this manufacturer needs to adjust their quality control efforts to fix that. PERIOD.
Old 07-29-2012, 03:24 PM   #17
brucedd
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Bruce,

As EDWEIRD stated there are literally hundreds if not thousands of these tail lights out there that are operating as they should (another customer of ours will have his car on display at our tent this week at Camaro5Fest with the tail lights) and yours will as well so long as you are willing to to let someone help you and maintain reasonable expectations. But to expect to get someone on the phone on a Sunday is not. Our reputation speaks for itself and Technostalgia does a great job with product support and warranty claims. There is no reason for this kind of knee jerk reaction and it will not help you or us resolve the situation. I do not know about the others but I have not posted in the thread because up to this point there has been no reason to.

It sounds to me like there was an install error, not a "bug", but I am not an electrical engineer. The guys at Technostalgia are. Give them a call tomorrow once they open if you do not hear from them first in response to the emails you have already sent to both of us. Again, as long as you let them help you your issue will be resolved without the need for jumping straight into angry customer mode.

Chase
Would be nice if they posted their tech support availability. When you call their number it simply says they are available within certain hours, not "weekdays". I do not think it is AT ALL UNREASONABLE to expect Sunday tech support from a company that only makes aftermarket do-it-yourself installation parts where the people that buy them will likely be installing on a Sat or Sun.

Well Chase if you were the one getting unworking product, out use of your car, out your money, out 2+ hours installation time, maybe you would be in angry mode too. Why dont you give me my $400 back until they work right, maybe you would be in "angry mode then too, supporting your customer rather than the manufacturer.

What I know is they don't work and there is no one available to help me.

If you plan on buying these, and install them during business hours (LOL) go right ahead and good luck.

I will not post ANY MORE to Camaro5 as I am SO TIRED OF THE SAY SOMETHING NICE OR DON'T SAY IT AT ALL attitude.

GM is great.
Chevy is great
Technostalgia is great
Apex is great

Stupid damn consumer! (at least once you have my $)

Good luck all! OVER AND OUT!
Old 07-29-2012, 03:38 PM   #18
EDWEIRD

Drives: 2011 Camaro V6
Send a message via Skype™ to EDWEIRD
Wow. I think you missed the bus there. I totally understand the frustration, nothing sucks more than spending your money and your time and having the result poop out.

That being said, tantrums (and thread-jacking) solve nothing.

I have only been a member of the forum for a few months, and I have literally never seen so many helpful members and sponsors in any other car community. You have a wealth of resources and ingenuity at your fingertips, and 95% of the time, zero or no flaming (unless you post something about a high-wing add-on, or wheel LEDs).

It's a shame that your experience hasn't been the same as mine. If you back off the trigger with your reactionary comments, you'd probably see a huge improvement in the amount of input you receive from the folks on here.

Good luck man.

Ed
EDWEIRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:46 PM   #19
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucedd View Post
Odd, I only see negative comments.
Bruce, a quick search will come up with plenty of positive feed back but the thing to keep in mind is that unhappy customers are much more inclined to post than one than has had no issues and moved on. It is basic human psychology but it can easily create false impressions. If there were an excessive number of problems we simply would not carry them because we do not carry products we do not or would not install on our own cars. Like I said before, Technostalgia will take good care of you tomorrow and all of this will have been for nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke View Post
I have the 2010 and the Apex (Technostalga) taillights for almost a year with no problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 2SS/RS View Post
I got mine with the 2nd shipment they sent out, back in the fall of 2010. I have had exactly zero issues and countless "wows" and "where did you get those" comments.

It is without question have the best WOW to $$$ ratio of any of the mods I've done (and I've got about 20k worth of mods on my car to include custom body work/vented quarter panels etc)....

so... get them already! you will be glad you did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bee sting View Post
I installed mine last week and have NO issues ! Now it did take almost 2 months to get them but thats just what's happening right now with the high demand for them .
Good luck when you call tomorrow . I'm sure it's a simple over look on the install hookup. Post up when you get your answer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badazss View Post
I have had my set installed for almost 2 yrs and no problems with them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broffermoon View Post
I have had my Technostalgia tail lights for several months, no problems. Recently hooked up the "show mode" for an auto show, really neat. Point about instal...read ALL instructions carefully. Things can get screwed up quickly...the addendum IS important!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmiotti View Post
I received mine 2 months (June) after I placed the order. OK, so I had to wait, no big deal. I installed in less than 3 hours and they worked perfectly the first time and after several car washes and going through rain, absolutely no leaks or fogging inside the lights. Sorry some have had problems in the past, but for me, no issues at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunthervk View Post
I just got mine and installed them last night and they are working perfectly! Everything was packed professionally and the instructions were clear and correct.
I am a *very* happy customer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Love mine! Pretty easy install. I did have a friend help though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth 2010 2SS/RS View Post
I had my brother put these in about a week ago and i got a chance to see them in person and i love them, well worth the wait, no they need a little tint. Hope the video works, i dont post videos often and forget how to do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjdapilmoto View Post
This is a must have! I've had mine for a few weeks now and just love 'em!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNAman View Post
Just installed these on my '11 IOM last week. Must say they are amazing. It's nice when you're at a red light and you see the people behind pointing at your turn signal. Installed mine in about 2 hours (couldn't get the &*#$ belzels off). Top notch product.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtfire006 View Post
best mod you can buy i think, the coolest for sure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSCRFN3 View Post
I have had these for about a year and a half now with not one issue. They are totally bad azz and definately an eye catcher. One of my first and best mods. And you don't see many of them out there either! They go really good with led sidemarkers too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodojoe View Post
Finally was able to figure out how to post a short video of the Technostalgia LED Tailights that we just recieved from APEX. They are great. This was my first time with this video, so I would do a little different if redoing. But anyway, the first part of the video is the brakes in action, then turn signals and finally the show mode!!! They look great and even better in person!! Thanks Apex!!
The last quote is from the customer who's car is featured in the video below. His car will be on display in our tent at Camaro5Fest.

Last edited by Apex Motorsports; 07-29-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 04:32 PM   #20
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
I waited two months for mine as well, and I just installed them yesterday. They turned out great. Installation wasn't too bad, but I did pull the bumper to make it a little easier. Took it to a Corvette Club event last night and every one was impressed! I'm just upset that everybody else gets to see these and NOT ME!

I haven't hooked up show mode yet.