Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-26-2012, 10:05 PM   #15
Chevrole+

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
[QUOTE=usafboy;4549118]i'm assuming it does but if you don't trust it, just google the part number and there are sites for just a little more that actually show the reservoir in the pic. actually someone on here PM'd me about selling his AEM long tube. i can ask if he's still interested in selling it and refer you to him if he is?[/QUOTE]

somehow missed that. It would be good to have them in contact. I won't be doing anything for a week or two but i'm still undecided. if i do go AEM i wouldn't mind buying from them though!
Chevrole+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:14 PM   #16
CUPRA

Drives: '21 Bronco OBX/'18 Jeep GC Altitude
I've got a V8, but I'm running a black tube K&N CAI and haven't had any problems at all. I thought about going with the chrome tube (Typhoon) version, but I wanted to keep a somewhat 'stock' look under the hood. Sounds great under acceleration!

Built: 11/18/22
VIN received: 11/19/22
On a Train: 02/27/23
ETA: TBD

2023 Camaro 2SS Convertible/M6/Shadow Grey Metallic/Adrenaline Red Interior/Carbon Flash Wheels/NPP
CUPRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:26 PM   #17
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Drives: 2011 1LT Synergy Green
This is the one you want , Make sure it's the Typhoon intake , Do not buy the Black tube one , that is an Air Exchanger and you will get CEL"S. I've had this one and it really works great & no cell's , easy install and looks great , If you don't like the chrome pipe then get it painted. alot do .. Also check other places for best price. I think I ended up with ours for $232.00 with Free shipping , Came in 2 days ...

http://www.carid.com/2011-chevy-camaro-air-intakes/ http://www.autoanything.com/air-inta...intake-systems

3.6L V6
69 Series Typhoon Cold Air Intake Kit by K&N®, Polished. Improve airflow and increase horsepower on your vehicle. This intake kit replaces the factory air intake system with a custom designed air intake tube and a free flowing K&N air filter. The air filter is positioned to draw cool air into the engine. The end result is better acceleration you can feel. Estimated Horsepower Gain: 13.45 HP - 6200 RPM. Street legal in most States.

In Stock - Usually ships within 24 to 48 hours
$271.42

BIO-HAZARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:31 PM   #18
Chevrole+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figjam-5 View Post
3.6L V6
69 Series Typhoon Cold Air Intake Kit by K&N®, Polished. Improve airflow and increase horsepower on your vehicle. This intake kit replaces the factory air intake system with a custom designed air intake tube and a free flowing K&N air filter. The air filter is positioned to draw cool air into the engine. The end result is better acceleration you can feel. Estimated Horsepower Gain: 13.45 HP - 6200 RPM. Street legal in most States.

In Stock - Usually ships within 24 to 48 hours
$271.42

i do like the look! to me right now it seems to be between the vararam, K&N, and Injen. I always liked the look of the intakes on the trans am w/ ram air and the numbers look good for the vararam. the injen looks more like my price and never have heard anything bad about them, and the K&N is a really well known brand as is. idk what to do now!
Old 02-26-2012, 10:52 PM   #19
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
why don't you go for the injen? It has the best hp increases out of all the intakes and sounds great!
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:36 AM   #20
Sebastian

Drives: Camaro 2011, 6.2L 2SS
I have the black KN on mine, cant be happier ( ok none else available for reasonable price), but up to now no problem with it.
Sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:20 PM   #21
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Drives: '10 LS + a few more
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
why don't you go for the injen? It has the best hp increases out of all the intakes and sounds great!

Actually, no. In the Janetty test, the highest peak hp increase was the CAI, and all that were tested were within a few hp of the others.

Since then the Vararam has come out and they claim bigger numbers.

Either way, there are ways to get the most out of your purchase(iat relocation and there's a few manifold isolators out there now).

Good luck and enjoy.
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:33 PM   #22
Ocx

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fz6r View Post
Agreed, I've got the Typhoon on my RS have and zero complaints. Hasn't thrown any codes or caused any problems in 39,5xx miles, just needs to be recharged soon (which I'll be doing this week.) Good stuff.
Chalk up another agreement.

What does recharge mean again?
Ocx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:06 PM   #23
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocx View Post
Chalk up another agreement.

What does recharge mean again?
Recharge=Clean and re-oil the filter.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:42 PM   #24
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1camaro1969 View Post
Actually, no. In the Janetty test, the highest peak hp increase was the CAI, and all that were tested were within a few hp of the others.

Since then the Vararam has come out and they claim bigger numbers.

Either way, there are ways to get the most out of your purchase(iat relocation and there's a few manifold isolators out there now).

Good luck and enjoy.
K&N only beat the injen on avg peak hp by 0.6 hp. In every category (avg hp, avg torque, peak avg torque) it was well below the injen. Plus I don't like the 14% fuel trim that K&N got. Just my 2 cents
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:40 PM   #25
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Actually K&N wasn't tops, it was CAI, and there were others that weren't tested as they weren't in production yet. The K&N didn't beat the Injen in any of the numbers other than price at the time but it wasn't so far behind in any of the numbers either.

I liked the way the K&N Typhoon looked in my engine bay with the polished tube but when Vararam started showing their design it made more sense and even though that big flat filter looks like the mouth of a whale it works. It's not the prettiest but I believe it makes more power than what the Typhoon did.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #26
Chevrole+

Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1camaro1969 View Post
Actually K&N wasn't tops, it was CAI, and there were others that weren't tested as they weren't in production yet. The K&N didn't beat the Injen in any of the numbers other than price at the time but it wasn't so far behind in any of the numbers either.

I liked the way the K&N Typhoon looked in my engine bay with the polished tube but when Vararam started showing their design it made more sense and even though that big flat filter looks like the mouth of a whale it works. It's not the prettiest but I believe it makes more power than what the Typhoon did.
so vararam would be the way to go for most power...no problems with them?
Old 02-29-2012, 06:04 PM   #27
norton750

Drives: 2010 2LT sumit white
what type of filter is in the Vararam? and where do I get that filter. I live in the sticks. 250 miles from the neerest city.
norton750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:02 PM   #28
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrole+ View Post
so vararam would be the way to go for most power...no problems with them?
Vararam had issues early on with some of the fit of the first orders(my first one didn't sit just right, but their customer service is top-notch and they got another sent out right away) and I dare say they promised a delivery date that kept being pushed back months(albeit for a better product). They haven't had any issues as of late. As to the filter, it is an oiled-type filter that is cleanable(they have kits to clean and re-oil it).

I am not pushing you one way or another. I believe that Injen is a great design, CAI is also, Roto-fab, K&N Typhoon and Airraid can all be upgraded with the ADM Scoop(?) which directs the airflow. Understand where the air is coming from that is going into the filter and get more cool air to it will help it make power. If you do a search you can also find the IAT relocation write up which also has helped give a little power.