Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 11-26-2013, 02:08 PM   #1
chiefsalami

Drives: 2013 ZL1
paired phone memory lost

Guys, I've started to have a problem with my radio (2013 ZL1 with mylink touchscreen and bluetooth/USB built-in). It seems the radio keeps "forgetting" my paired iphone 5. This wasn't happening all of the time before, but happens just about every time I get into my car now. I get in and start up the car, notice bluetooth is not connected, and have to go through the whole pairing process again. Every time. The Camaro shows in my phone bluetooth devices list, but if I tap to connect, it will say unsuccessful and I have to delete the profile in order to be able to re-pair. Really frustrating.

Anyone experienced this? What's the fix?
chiefsalami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:08 PM   #2
chiefsalami

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Apparently this has something to do with my aftermarket amp. I had a ******** FARK installed with a JL 5-channel amp and had not been happy with the sound and had speaker popping/ticking. I pulled all of that out and reinstalled my stock amp, and now this "bluetooth memory" issue has gone away.

For some reason, and I can't explain why, the stock amp seems to provide "memory" for the radio. Maybe it's some sort of Onstar integration that gets screwed up when you pull the stock amp...?
chiefsalami is offline   Reply With Quote