Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 01-24-2011, 04:20 PM   #29
Iansane

Drives: 325is
Another interested person. Anyone else run BC products?
Iansane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:16 PM   #30
2011Black2SS

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
I just got a set today. How does the OP like them after a few months of use? Any issues?
2011Black2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:51 PM   #31
Saving41

Drives: IBM 1SS
The only issue I had was the rear coilover adjustment. I did not want to drill the holes in the trunk for the extenders. Ride and handling were very good with over 15,000 miles of daily driving. Without the extenders on, was more work to adjust the strut.
Saving41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:02 PM   #32
Dion_1969

Drives: ABM 2SS/RS LS3
Send a message via Yahoo to Dion_1969
Sorry I've been neglecting this page. After months with these on I still love them I have them set to 8 clicks from hardest on the front (stock stiffness per BC) and 2 harder on the rear. I like the ride but I do have to slow down over speed bumps. I have scraped my front quarter flares a lot! With these settings the car seems very balanced. When the curvy roads are a bit wet the car will slide equally front and back. Its pretty nice since I can power steer her a little bit. I keep the traction control on but have played with it in competition mode and get similar handling. It gets a lot more loose though if I over apply the power. I have since added BMR trailing arms which has made a big difference in the wheel hop.
I still need to upgrade the sway bars. My hope is that I will be able to soften up the ride even more after doing this. I'll be talking to BMR soon!
Old 07-14-2011, 02:31 PM   #33
AutoAgenda

Drives: 69 Camaro, 02 Escalade, 67 Eleanor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion_1969 View Post
Sorry I've been neglecting this page. After months with these on I still love them I have them set to 8 clicks from hardest on the front (stock stiffness per BC) and 2 harder on the rear. I like the ride but I do have to slow down over speed bumps. I have scraped my front quarter flares a lot! With these settings the car seems very balanced. When the curvy roads are a bit wet the car will slide equally front and back. Its pretty nice since I can power steer her a little bit. I keep the traction control on but have played with it in competition mode and get similar handling. It gets a lot more loose though if I over apply the power. I have since added BMR trailing arms which has made a big difference in the wheel hop.
I still need to upgrade the sway bars. My hope is that I will be able to soften up the ride even more after doing this. I'll be talking to BMR soon!
Glad to hear it! Let us know if you ever have any issues!

We are still looking for another Camaro5 Review if anyone is interested!
AutoAgenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 04:45 PM   #34
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
I'm considering these. Especially if it's true that they are the same as Pedders Xa. I haven't bought any yet but hopefully I'll get some on before I do another AutoX event in a couple months.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:46 PM   #35
AutoAgenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
I'm considering these. Especially if it's true that they are the same as Pedders Xa. I haven't bought any yet but hopefully I'll get some on before I do another AutoX event in a couple months.
We highly recommend these. We sell these every single day for the GTO and G8s which are comparable in weight and suspension. People absolutely love them. Pedders had an exclusive contract with BC Racing, however that ran out last year and so did the high retail price.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:18 PM   #36
AutoAgenda

Quote:
Glad to hear it! Keep us updated!
Old 08-28-2011, 05:33 PM   #37
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Drives: Yellow 5th Gen 2SS RS
Quote:
Thanks! I don't know if that all is considered unsprung weight. Seems like most of it should be. She is nice and low now and there was room to go. I went 1 1/2 lower in the front and 1 3/4 in the rear.
One thing I should have mentioned was the instructions from BC. They s#ck! They read like someone using a really crappy Chinese to English dictionary translated them. You would think they would have someone who speaks English review the translation. Here is a sample "This instruction is belong to whom uses the product latest" It didn't get any better from there!

Ok about the drill thing.....you need to make a hole in the back to reach where you can adjust? There isn't some other way? Like another part to order that attaches to skip the drilling?
Rogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:47 PM   #38
Whiteside Customs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 1lt/rs, 2010 2ss/rs, 2004 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogan View Post

Ok about the drill thing.....you need to make a hole in the back to reach where you can adjust? There isn't some other way? Like another part to order that attaches to skip the drilling?

The BC racing coil overs adjust at the top of the strut in the rear. In orde to reach these a hole must be cut into the trunk. In this thread http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...cing+coilovers

we talk about it further.

In our opinion this is the fastest way to mak adjustments. Other companies have chosen other methods and while they work, make more work than has to be done.

All BC racing coil overs come with a set of extenders for the rear. We have found that they are not needed. We chose to use a 2" hole saw to open up the hole in the rear and using a 2" grommet the adjusters can easily be accessed by lifting up the carpet and no one would know you have them as they are hidden away.
Whiteside Customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 01:30 PM   #39
AutoAgenda

Below are the extenders. If you wish to leave your rear coilovers on one setting and install which is an option, but that defeats the purpose.

The hole for the extenders only needs to be the diameter of the cord, as the end is removable. http://autoagenda.com/2010-camaro-bc-racing-coilovers

Old 08-31-2011, 01:35 PM   #40
Whiteside Customs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 1lt/rs, 2010 2ss/rs, 2004 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoAgenda View Post
Below are the extenders. If you wish to leave your rear coilovers on one setting and install which is an option, but that defeats the purpose.

The hole for the extenders only needs to be the diameter of the cord, as the end is removable. http://autoagenda.com/2010-camaro-bc-racing-coilovers

I am going to have to respectfully disagree. You will find that if you drill a hole just large enough for the "cord" the bottom adjuster hits and binds. There is VERY limited space above the shock. Drilling a 2" hole into the trunk is imperative for these to work properly.
Whiteside Customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 01:38 PM   #41
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
Nice!!

Now time for some badass wheels and slammed that thing HellaFlush style baby!!
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 01:54 PM   #42
AutoAgenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside Customs View Post
I am going to have to respectfully disagree. You will find that if you drill a hole just large enough for the "cord" the bottom adjuster hits and binds. There is VERY limited space above the shock. Drilling a 2" hole into the trunk is imperative for these to work properly.
BC Racing includes the allen key to remove the end for a reason. We are going by what BC Racing has told us is the best method, but either way does work. We have installed many BC Racing Systems on the GTO, G8 and Camaro. This issue applies to the Pontiac G8 and Camaro. We prefer not to drill a hole larger than necessary. A 2'' hole is far too large to drill into your trunk, especially twice. That would make installation slightly easier, but not needed in the long-run.