Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-06-2016, 09:27 AM   #15
Shawno72

Drives: 2015 Black 2LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Now I know why you are so loose.

Front Toe 0.00
Rear Toe IN 0.12
Total Rear Toe IN 0.24

On center steering feel will be vastly improved, turn in slightly improved and straight line stability phenomenally improved.
Gotcha

Thanks Pete!
Overkill tune/E85/80mm•CAI cold air intake w/my custom maf tube•Apex air scoop•JacFab ported intake/Extendolater•Vitesse•EE EX2 catch can•Innovate wideband•ARH HFC's•NPP exhaust•11386 xpipe•Brembos/cross drilled/slotted rotors•SS M/C•Pfadt 1.25 springs•1LE struts/sways/strut tower brace•BMR diff bush, trail arms/bush, adj toe links•My custom Tunnel brace•Hurst short throw shifter•JDP stage 1 clutch res•1LE steering wheel, shift boot•ZL1 rear diffuser/splash guards•GM splitter•Z/28 grille/flowtie/spoiler/wheels•GM performance pedals•"Chevrolet" door sills•10" Kicker sub•BigWorm overlays
Shawno72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 08:55 PM   #16
Shawno72

Well I think this will take care of it. Felt awesome on the way home.

Overkill tune/E85/80mm•CAI cold air intake w/my custom maf tube•Apex air scoop•JacFab ported intake/Extendolater•Vitesse•EE EX2 catch can•Innovate wideband•ARH HFC's•NPP exhaust•11386 xpipe•Brembos/cross drilled/slotted rotors•SS M/C•Pfadt 1.25 springs•1LE struts/sways/strut tower brace•BMR diff bush, trail arms/bush, adj toe links•My custom Tunnel brace•Hurst short throw shifter•JDP stage 1 clutch res•1LE steering wheel, shift boot•ZL1 rear diffuser/splash guards•GM splitter•Z/28 grille/flowtie/spoiler/wheels•GM performance pedals•"Chevrolet" door sills•10" Kicker sub•BigWorm overlays
Old 06-07-2016, 10:14 PM   #17
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Cool. Keep us posted.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 07:14 AM   #18
Shawno72

Will do Pete. Thanks again for all your help!
Old 02-09-2020, 01:25 PM   #19
DuskssJP

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS Dusk Edition
Loose steering after alignment

Hey guys just installed several bmr components including front and rear sway bars, rear lower control arms, rear control arms and toe rods.

It's so loose and not at all what I expected. They said I need perdoname camber bolts on the rear.

Thoughts?
Attached Images

2013 2SS/RS Dusk Edition BBK long tubes w/ Hi-Flo cats, NPP Exhaust, Bilstein shocks & struts, Eibach Pro lowering springs, R1 Concept Eline Cross Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Kraftwerks Supercharger-Rotrex C38-92 Head Unit, ZL1 Fuel Pump, ADM FPCM, 75mm Pulley, E85, custom tune and more to come....
DuskssJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 01:43 PM   #20
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
Is the car lowered? How much? What alignment specs are you looking to get?

First thought is that you may want to get an alignment somewhere else because there's no reason the rear side-to-side should be so far out of whack, unless maybe the car's been in an accident and got frame damage.

You mentioned rear control arms twice - did you mean trailing arms too?

You may need camber bolts for the rear lower control arms if the BMR arms aren't adjustable, and if you're lowered - if you're not lowered you shouldn't need them (assuming the arm is the same length as the factory one).
Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 02:08 PM   #21
DuskssJP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillboyPowerhead View Post
Is the car lowered? How much? What alignment specs are you looking to get?

First thought is that you may want to get an alignment somewhere else because there's no reason the rear side-to-side should be so far out of whack, unless maybe the car's been in an accident and got frame damage.

You mentioned rear control arms twice - did you mean trailing arms too?

You may need camber bolts for the rear lower control arms if the BMR arms aren't adjustable, and if you're lowered - if you're not lowered you shouldn't need them (assuming the arm is the same length as the factory one).
Yes I meant trailing arms as well. The car is lowered about 1.25". No damage to frame, the arms aren't adjustable so that's likely the reason theyre suggesting new bolts

I am not certain what specs really, I just know it feels worse than stock items when they were on so I am not sure what I am missing. I guess I'm just looking for street performance specs with my setup.
2013 2SS/RS Dusk Edition BBK long tubes w/ Hi-Flo cats, NPP Exhaust, Bilstein shocks & struts, Eibach Pro lowering springs, R1 Concept Eline Cross Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Kraftwerks Supercharger-Rotrex C38-92 Head Unit, ZL1 Fuel Pump, ADM FPCM, 75mm Pulley, E85, custom tune and more to come....

Last edited by DuskssJP; 02-09-2020 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Forgot something
Old 02-09-2020, 03:19 PM   #22
Black_SS10
SomeguyK

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
Ummm wow. I'm lowered on coilovers and have BMR toe and trailing arms, z28 UCA bushings, heck the only thing factory in the rear suspension is the LCA and my rear alignment is almost perfect. I need some camber bolts to get me a full -1* camber. I'm sitting at -.65. I have mine set at JPSS aggressive street alignment specs. No problems with the factory eccentrics, minus not having quite enough camber adjustment. I hope the tech that did you alignment knows the rear toe and camber must be messed with together and not one at a time.
TMS 427, Dart iron Block, Forged assembly, Frankenstien heads, AGP TT 62/62 BB turbo's, AGP/Fore triple fuel system, Tilton clutch, Holley 1 7/8 shorties, Technostalgia tail lights,Oracle, Aeroforce, MGW shifter,Flowmaster, Pegasus subframe bushings,BMR trailing & toe arms,Z28 UCA bushings,Zl1 rear sway bar,Prothane,BMR,Goodridge brake lines,Ridetech HQ coilovers,3.91,Trutrac,billet caps,DSS axles,HE offest,built TR6060,1LE diffuser,Havoc spoiler,SSclones,20in MRR 017, Pirelli P Zero, Nitto NT555RII

More to come.
Black_SS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 03:29 PM   #23
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Was it lowered the same time the bars and arms were added.........or previously?
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 03:36 PM   #24
DuskssJP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_SS10 View Post
Ummm wow. I'm lowered on coilovers and have BMR toe and trailing arms, z28 UCA bushings, heck the only thing factory in the rear suspension is the LCA and my rear alignment is almost perfect. I need some camber bolts to get me a full -1* camber. I'm sitting at -.65. I have mine set at JPSS aggressive street alignment specs. No problems with the factory eccentrics, minus not having quite enough camber adjustment. I hope the tech that did you alignment knows the rear toe and camber must be messed with together and not one at a time.

I'm not sure.. I was desperate to get it aligned I went to Firestone. Only thing open today!
Old 02-09-2020, 03:36 PM   #25
DuskssJP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Orange View Post
Was it lowered the same time the bars and arms were added.........or previously?
Previously lowered, it's been about 3 years since I lowered. Everything else was yesterday and alignment today
Old 02-09-2020, 05:04 PM   #26
Black_SS10
SomeguyK

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskssJP View Post
I'm not sure.. I was desperate to get it aligned I went to Firestone. Only thing open today!
Their tech prolly doesn't know, or is not good at adjusting these cars. The rear has to be done/adjusted together. Not one then the other. Unless the car is really low, there should be more than enough adjustment. As long as there isn't something else going on, there is no reason to have shit specs like that. You may want to take it somewhere else or find another tech at Firestone.

Heck, the BMR LCA's are made for a lowered camaro. They help correct camber issues by themselves.
TMS 427, Dart iron Block, Forged assembly, Frankenstien heads, AGP TT 62/62 BB turbo's, AGP/Fore triple fuel system, Tilton clutch, Holley 1 7/8 shorties, Technostalgia tail lights,Oracle, Aeroforce, MGW shifter,Flowmaster, Pegasus subframe bushings,BMR trailing & toe arms,Z28 UCA bushings,Zl1 rear sway bar,Prothane,BMR,Goodridge brake lines,Ridetech HQ coilovers,3.91,Trutrac,billet caps,DSS axles,HE offest,built TR6060,1LE diffuser,Havoc spoiler,SSclones,20in MRR 017, Pirelli P Zero, Nitto NT555RII

More to come.
Black_SS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 03:42 PM   #27
DuskssJP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_SS10 View Post
Their tech prolly doesn't know, or is not good at adjusting these cars. The rear has to be done/adjusted together. Not one then the other. Unless the car is really low, there should be more than enough adjustment. As long as there isn't something else going on, there is no reason to have shit specs like that. You may want to take it somewhere else or find another tech at Firestone.

Heck, the BMR LCA's are made for a lowered camaro. They help correct camber issues by themselves.
I'm currently searching elsewhere to take it. I appreciate the info
Old 02-10-2020, 03:49 PM   #28
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
For suggested alignment specs;
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showt...4#post10603994
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote