Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-16-2011, 09:57 AM   #1
SSambumbia

Drives: 2ss/rs black/black
Pedders xa's coilovers(track II kit) and Pfadt camber plates

Is anyone using this combination? If so what are your thoughts. Any noise from the camber plates? Car is mostly DD and might see some track and drag a couple times a year.

Those of you that live in crappy roads like here in PR, what height are your xa's set at.
SSambumbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:04 AM   #2
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
We have a couple of people running Xas and Supoercars with the camber plates. Some were w bit upset when I told them there was suffcient adjustment roos without plates to get to -2.5 camber. Our alghnment bolt kit provides castor adjustment and the extends the rear camber adjustment range by 1 degree. Unless you are doing hardcore HPDE or autocross you will not need any additional front camber adjustment range.

On rough roads (we have them up here too) 5 to 8 off full soft front and 7 to 12 off full soft rear.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:41 AM   #3
SSambumbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
We have a couple of people running Xas and Supoercars with the camber plates. Some were w bit upset when I told them there was suffcient adjustment roos without plates to get to -2.5 camber. Our alghnment bolt kit provides castor adjustment and the extends the rear camber adjustment range by 1 degree. Unless you are doing hardcore HPDE or autocross you will not need any additional front camber adjustment range.

On rough roads (we have them up here too) 5 to 8 off full soft front and 7 to 12 off full soft rear.
Hmmm. Interesting. I have the car at the shop with the track II ready for install and I had bought the pfadt camber plates and I am undecided if I should put them in or not. I don't want to end up ruining dd ride/noise quality because of them.

I meant the distance from the bottom of the rim to fender, not the adjustment of soft/hard.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:52 AM   #4
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSambumbia View Post
Hmmm. Interesting. I have the car at the shop with the track II ready for install and I had bought the pfadt camber plates and I am undecided if I should put them in or not. I don't want to end up ruining dd ride/noise quality because of them.

I meant the distance from the bottom of the rim to fender, not the adjustment of soft/hard.
Ebay would be my answer

Height is easy. Set it down 40mm front and 45mm rear!
Old 02-16-2011, 11:02 AM   #5
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Is anyone using this combination? If so what are your thoughts. Any noise from the camber plates? Car is mostly DD and might see some track and drag a couple times a year.

Those of you that live in crappy roads like here in PR, what height are your xa's set at.
Hi SSambumbia,

We have had a handful of people in your situation, wanting to get fast, easy camber/caster adjustment without any modifying to your frame, while using coilovers besides Pfadt coilovers. I have heard nothing but good things from these customers.

These camber plates make no noise so I would not be worried about any added NVH from these plates themselves.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:07 AM   #6
SSambumbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Ebay would be my answer

Height is easy. Set it down 40mm front and 45mm rear!
Is that measurement from the top of the tire to the fender?

Thanks.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:12 AM   #7
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Both MWS444 and I run the PFADT camber plates with the full pedders track kit.

It works fine, with no noise. It's the best way to get another 1 deg. neg camber if you need it. you can get -1.5 deg without the camber plates.

I run -2.5 neg camber on my car up front all the time... Not recommended for the street unless you have an unlimited tire budget. My car sees more race track time than street use.... and I have 3 sets of wheels, so I don't have a problem with tire wear.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:18 AM   #8
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
I have them on my car as will, it is my DD and have no problems with the ride, And i run 8mm of space from top of tire and fender.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:31 AM   #9
JusticePete

Quote:
Is that measurement from the top of the tire to the fender?

Thanks.

Measure from the lower edge of the wheel rim, up through the wheel center to the painted edge of the fender.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:18 PM   #10
SSambumbia

Measure from the lower edge of the wheel rim, up through the wheel center to the painted edge of the fender.[/QUOTE]

Unless there is a typo I can't figure out how I can get 40mm(forty) from the bottom of the rim to edge of fender. That is roughly 1.5"
Old 02-16-2011, 12:22 PM   #11
SSambumbia

Sorry. Re-read your post, it says set it down 40mm, not set it at 40mm. So I take stock measurement and deduct 40front and 45 back.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:23 PM   #12
JusticePete

Quote:
Measure from the lower edge of the wheel rim, up through the wheel center to the painted edge of the fender.
Unless there is a typo I can't figure out how I can get 40mm(forty) from the bottom of the rim to edge of fender. That is roughly 1.5"[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that. With 20" wheels the SS has an averaged ride height of 690mm front and 700mm rear from the factory. What I am suggesting is that you lower the front to 650mm and the rear to 655mm. If you haven't alreaddy started the installaion, measure your OE heights and then just subract 40mm front the front and 45mm fron the rear.

OK?
Old 02-16-2011, 12:23 PM   #13
JusticePete

Quote:
Sorry. Re-read your post, it says set it down 40mm, not set it at 40mm. So I take stock measurement and deduct 40front and 45 back.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:15 PM   #14
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:

I was laughing really hard at that one... ROFL!!!!!

yup... would be hard dropping the car that much! LOL
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote