Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 03-25-2015, 04:28 PM   #1
Jpb972

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Tuning injectors for boost referenced regulator / delete FPCM

Installed squash system with return and boost referenced regulator. Now I need to tune for it.
Looking for tuning tips on how to effectively remove the FPCM and recalculate injector info for IFR modifiers and offsets etc. (Maybe FIC will have the info needed for the FIC1000 injector data?)

Using HP Tuners
Old 03-25-2015, 08:02 PM   #2
granatl

Drives: 2SS RS ABM A6
I asked this same question on the HP Tuners board. Paraphrasing... The boost pressure offsets the fuel pressure, so there's no need to compensate for this.

I have the wrong OS loaded, so I tell you which setting to turn off the FPCM.

As the ECM can no longer see the fuel pressure, it apparently just goes with your programmed "desired fuel pressure." If you leave that constant, I don't think you'll have to modify those injector tables. I haven't so far.
Old 03-25-2015, 09:13 PM   #3
Jpb972

Quote:
Originally Posted by granatl View Post
I asked this same question on the HP Tuners board. Paraphrasing... The boost pressure offsets the fuel pressure, so there's no need to compensate for this.

As the ECM can no longer see the fuel pressure, it apparently just goes with your programmed "desired fuel pressure." If you leave that constant, I don't think you'll have to modify those injector tables. I haven't so far.
Thanks. I think I did see that post about the injectors and I understand what he's saying. But then someone else chimed in and had a different opinion. In searching google I'm reading different things.
Old 03-26-2015, 06:24 AM   #4
Jpb972

Quote:
Originally Posted by granatl View Post

I've been thinking more about this post. So what your thinking is, for example, set the base commanded fuel pressure to 58, and then plug in the original data that is supplied with the injectors? What about the voltage settings, etc?

This will be first time with this stuff so I'm just trying to wrap my head around it. Lol.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:17 AM   #5
Jpb972

Bump

Any opinions on this?
Old 04-02-2015, 12:21 PM   #6
Iam Broke
PHAT B33

Drives: 2012 TF3 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
There is more to scaling that large of an injector to your setup. The limitations of the ECU require you to scale the tune. MAF and VE need to be scaled as well as the injector data. Not a good starting place to learn on. Contact a pro. Many are knowledgeable on the vendor list and will work with you if you have tuning software already. If HPT contact Slowhawk. If SCT call Jannetty.

I have the injector tables but the site won't let me upload it. Email FIC and tell them you need the 4 bar FIC1000 tables. I remember the LS3 tab is incorrect for the E38 ECU, I'm thinking the E40 tab lines up the columns in our tables but it's been a while.