Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 09-15-2014, 03:16 PM   #43
Mikamaro
MikeNoMaro

Drives: A 2016 Challenger R/T M6 STP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamDiesel420 View Post
So which car did he like better?
The Porsche but only because it fits him better in term of size.
Quote :Seems a bit big for me, it's for the larger track day gentlemen.

Track Day Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/mrgoodman2000/videos
Built #83817, Born January 18th, Christened June 11th 2010, Stolen October 3rd 2016.
Mikamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 04:42 PM   #44
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikamaro View Post
The Porsche but only because it fits him better in term of size.
Quote :Seems a bit big for me, it's for the larger track day gentlemen.
You need to type that with an English accent!
Old 09-15-2014, 07:20 PM   #45
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorz28 View Post
Have you driven one yet or are you just assuming it isnt a DD. Are you still pouting because GM didn't make what you wanted? I think it is time to get over it and celebrate a great car.
I have not driven one. I don't have the desire to, for what? I'm not taking it around a track which is it's primary use. Be the one to DD it on highway or street and your front lip won't last a week. Having A/C is without question a must, to add to that.

I'm not shocked that it's doing well as it's sole purpose was to be a track monster. When a design team has that in goal ANY car manufacture that has that goal will prevail. If Dodge or Ford decided to take that approach they would be just as successful but they are choosing not to because that race track crowd limits them as a whole.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 07:23 PM   #46
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Have you heard of the Boss 302 Laguna Seca or the new GT350? The videos out on the new GT350 at Nurburing, looks like Ford is trying to get in the game.

Last edited by Sven59; 09-15-2014 at 08:34 PM.
Sven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 07:25 PM   #47
Spoolin

Drives: 2014 SW 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
If Dodge or Ford decided to take that approach they would be just as successful but they are choosing not to because that race track crowd limits them as a whole.

You think the ACR was designed as a Daily Driver...

Tell me more...
Spoolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 11:10 PM   #48
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
I guess no one should ever make a track car because "FINALLYSATISFIED" might want to buy one and if they have a track focused trim (even if they have other options) the existence of that track car means he can't have any.......

ignore the many track specials that exist and he would be right.....
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 02:07 AM   #49
razorz28

Drives: 2017 Jeep Rubicon, 2016 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
I have not driven one. I don't have the desire to, for what? I'm not taking it around a track which is it's primary use. Be the one to DD it on highway or street and your front lip won't last a week. Having A/C is without question a must, to add to that.

I'm not shocked that it's doing well as it's sole purpose was to be a track monster. When a design team has that in goal ANY car manufacture that has that goal will prevail. If Dodge or Ford decided to take that approach they would be just as successful but they are choosing not to because that race track crowd limits them as a whole.
I have not been to a track yet and my lip is just fine. I am confused why you troll through this Z/28 Forum if you hate it so much.
2014 Z/28 Black VIN #176
razorz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 05:50 PM   #50
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
My Camaro has stiff as heck suspension. DSE rear sway bar always at full stiff, Bilstein pss10 rear shock at full stiff, Pedders camber plates, BMR stiffer than stock strut brace heck I even have 13k rear springs on order from Road Magnet. Name any other daily driven Camaro stiffer than that. My lips aren't even stressed.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 06:19 PM   #51
Zfatuated

Drives: BAC Mono
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorz28 View Post
I have not been to a track yet and my lip is just fine. I am confused why you troll through this Z/28 Forum if you hate it so much.
I have been to a track and even used my splitter to plow the infield a bit. That was 3 months and 2000 miles ago and the splitter is still 100% a-ok even though I continue to park by braille

So, yes, you are correct that some folks persist in spreading hate and misinformation based on fantasy as opposed to reality us owners experience.

The fact is, you can actually stand on the Z/28 splitter.

Now let's talk about splitters on $150k Porsche GT3's...

Zfatuated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 06:32 PM   #52
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfatuated View Post
I have been to a track and even used my splitter to plow the infield a bit. That was 3 months and 2000 miles ago and the splitter is still 100% a-ok even though I continue to park by braille

So, yes, you are correct that some folks persist in spreading hate and misinformation based on fantasy as opposed to reality us owners experience.

The fact is, you can actually stand on the Z/28 splitter.

Now let's talk about splitters on $150k Porsche GT3's...
For something with a splitter this aggressive, it's got to be one of the cheapest to repair or replace. Many of the Euro brands have gone to CF splitters, which -- though they look great -- are idiotic. Using a material that's highly susceptible to damage, can't really be resprayed (by most shops), and is insanely expensive -- in the one area of the car that is most susceptible to damage -- makes NO sense to me.

I'm approaching 4,000 miles on my car. Have I scraped the bottom of the lip? Yes, but just barely and across the plastic skirts along the bottom. Will I scrape it again? Probably, even though I'm extremely careful to straddle entrances, even gentle ones.

Would I change anything about the car? There's really not much I can think of that Chevy could have done differently. Lighter wheels? They probably wouldn't survive the torture test (steel-lined potholes) that every GM car has to survive. Fancier interior? No thanks! One thing I would've liked was a factory option for rear-seat delete. I'll end up doing that myself, but would've loved a factory-designed and engineered solution. No big deal, that...

The car has surprised me in many ways. First was when driving it cross-country from TX to NorCal. I was surprised by how comfortable it was on a long trip, though the interior noise level was deafening (thanks, Dr. Bose!). Second was just how good this car is on track. I realize it's been said ad infinitum, but the Z/28 is a new high-water mark for a streetable track car. I'm sure the competition will try hard to catch up -- looks like Ford is hard at work on the GT350 -- but competition is great for the breed...

Last edited by brt3; 09-16-2014 at 11:39 PM.
brt3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 06:41 PM   #53
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfatuated View Post
...The fact is, you can actually stand on the Z/28 splitter...
You, perhaps. I'm not even going to try...
Old 09-17-2014, 12:22 PM   #54
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Stop it, you guys are giving me Z/28 envy. I already decided my 1LE would be my last car.

I''l bet I could get some 11s in a Z/28 with DRs. Anybody tried it yet?
Old 09-17-2014, 12:35 PM   #55
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

It's a track car!
Old 09-17-2014, 03:47 PM   #56
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
It's a track car!