Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 10-23-2022, 10:08 PM   #1
TyB

Drives: 2011 Camaro V6
I want to turbo my 2011 v6

I want to turbo my 2011 LS2 what should I do and I need all the advice and tips I can get
TyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 11:07 PM   #2
Pearlj10

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT
I’m supercharged and don’t know much about turbocharging the v6. But with your year, I’d be careful with the intended boost. These high pressure fuel pumps don’t like much boost and will drop rail pressure at max boost/rpm. There are no available upgrades. The 2012+ LFX HPFPs have about 10% more capacity and an upgrade option. Some 2010s/2011s have had great success with higher boost levels but, in my opinion, it’s not an easy platform to begin with. Plus, a lot of tuners won’t touch these cars because of the Bosch ECU. Sad, because they look pretty simple if you took a moment to learn them.
Pearlj10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 12:03 PM   #3
TyB

What upgrades should I do to my car before I boost it?
Old 10-24-2022, 01:54 PM   #4
BatmaroBeauty
BOOST OR BUST

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyB View Post
What upgrades should I do to my car before I boost it?
^Trade it in.

No but seriously I second what Pearlj10 said. Him and I have had multiple threads and discussions on here about the challenges we faced being supercharged v6 and issues we have with this platform being boosted. It’s not worth it imho; if I could go back and redo my decisions, I wouldn’t have began doing any performance mods or upgrades to this specific year and engine. This comment is not meant to be discouraging, I’m just speaking from my personal experience and I wish I had someone who laid out all the facts to save me from the nightmare I went through with my car. I hope you don’t have financial restrictions either because be prepared for it to take a small fortune between parts, fabrication, and labor. There are some threads in the member builds section of people having more successful boosting application of turbos over superchargers for 10/11 years, but many went the route of switching the powertrain/driveline over to an LFX engine to bypass our limited ECU and HPFP fueling issues by converting to Delphi, which is another option but would also require some deep pockets and time. Especially with turbo kits no longer being produced for our specific years engine, everything would have to be completely customized. Also with the state of the car industry it’s nearly impossible to lock down finding an experienced and knowledgeable performance shop capable of doing the work on this platform and that’s if only if you can even get your hands on parts. It’s not just so simple as buying a turbo and bolting it up. If that’s the quick fix you seek to have some good ol fashion go fast spirited fun, then I’d suggest instead just running nitrous system and enjoying it until the wheels fall off. All those things considered, good luck with whatever you choose and definitely keep us updated if you decide to travel down the boosted road! If you find a shop let me know, I’m still trying to navigate through fueling issues that Pearlj10 mentioned.

BUILD STATUS: LOADING BOOST . . .
BatmaroBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 09:49 PM   #5
TyB

I appriciate it I have been looking at universal turbo kits since there are no engine mod support for our cars but i really want to either get a SS or newer 5.0 so I might just go that route but I think it would be kinda fun to have a boosted v6
Old 10-28-2022, 01:58 AM   #6
xlmusicp
LTCamaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT / 2014 C7 M7 3LT
I think you mean 2LS (trim) and not LS2 (Engine). That said, there aren't any turbo kits available for the LLT/LFX platforms, only supercharger kits (mainly Overkill Superchargers).

There is, however, a lot of support especially via the V6 Camaro performance, extreme performance, etc.. groups. You might want to reach out to Tracy at Tracy Lewis Performance in Palmetto, FL for more info.

For reference, you can follow my current LLT build on IG @LTCAMARO

I have a fully built/forged engine (LT4 crankshaft, titanium rods and piston, etc..) , 3800-4k Stall, Vortec V3Si w/ 3.33" pulley, Mace Cams, 90lb valve springs, LTH straight piped (cat deleted) to a Rev9 straight pipe exhaust, Overkill tune, amongst a ton of other mods.

xlmusicp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 11:56 PM   #7
TyB

Alright ill for sure check it out I at least want to cam it and i already have long tubes on the car and i know there arent any turbos its a universal so i would have to possibly bend the pipe for it a new way or something like that
Old 10-29-2022, 02:05 PM   #8
xlmusicp
LTCamaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT / 2014 C7 M7 3LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyB View Post
Alright ill for sure check it out I at least want to cam it and i already have long tubes on the car and i know there arent any turbos its a universal so i would have to possibly bend the pipe for it a new way or something like that

I'd strongly recommend you pay a shop to fabricate custom hot and cold side piping if you plan to go the turbo route. Nothing "universal" about turbo charging the LLT or LFX platform. I will add that it'll be more cost effective (in most cases) to just buy a supercharger kit.

xlmusicp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 10:58 PM   #9
Vaddy

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro LS 2015
Hey, I am in the mist of turboing the V6 LFX, still getting all the parts and will be making a YT video to show other V6 guys, but long story short I am using Huron Speed SS 5th gen turbo kit, everything fits the V6 except the overflow tank but I just got a universal one and the "headers" but I will be showing how to fabricate that. You also get oil from the oil pressure sensor using a fitting. If you need more information, let me know. Hopefully I will be able to post the video this month.

Last edited by Vaddy; 12-04-2022 at 11:09 PM.
Vaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 04:27 PM   #10
joshnmn
2&THEHIT

Drives: 5th Gen Camaro; 5th Gen Ram 3500
AI has entered the chat
joshnmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 06:18 PM   #11
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshnmn View Post
AI has entered the chat
Yep, and I reported it earlier..
Old 12-29-2023, 02:13 PM   #12
bsn

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Bet you aren't from Fla-or the U.S.
bsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 06:12 PM   #13
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsn View Post
Bet you aren't from Fla-or the U.S.
And drives a honda?? Come on man!! Last time I checked, this is a Camaro forum, Camaro folks helping Camaro folks..Leave us alone...