Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-24-2013, 03:47 PM   #15
TECADON

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS/RS
Another thing is DFCO (Deceleration Fuel Cutoff) in the tune, I see some tuners turn this off, and I have played with mine and lost about 2mpg when driving through town a lot with it off. There are a lot of factors that can cause MPG changes so I would not be too concerned.

I can say though my MPG got better after my mods, but I don't have headers yet, but I cant see it causing a MPG decrease really.

Yes its quick...quicker then you think!!!
TECADON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:03 PM   #16
Birm

Drives: Florida Speed & Power
Quote:
Originally Posted by khanh View Post
Hi,

I have a very bad mileage after tune, headers and exhaust.
Before that a have about 15-16 in the city with very light foot. Now I have 13 with very light foot. The same route. And when I stop the car for a while, mpg decrease very quickly by not moving. For example I have 14 at the moment and after 3 minutes of not moving it drops to 13. Does it mean that car has worst mileage when idle than when it moves?
What could be wrong?

Thank you.

2012 SS M6
This isn't bad it's normal. And if you are sitting there idling how would you possibly be getting any "miles per gallon"? Your car is still running is it not? Therefore burning gas is it not?

It's normal. Enjoy your car. If you're worried about MPGs you; A) need to buy a Prius and B) stop modding
Birm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:56 PM   #17
MrGs SS

Drives: 2013 Black SS/RS
I just installed headers, and got the car dyno tuned, the car runs great.. I couldn't be happier. As far as mileage is concerned.. One I figured out how to change the display I stopped caring, not that I did before I changed it.. lol

Performance Mods-CAI intake, APEX washer bottle relocate and scoop, Ported TB. SLP 160 degree stat, Norris Catch-can, Pfadt Tri-Y headers, BMR F/R sway bars and Arms, Corsa cat back exhaust.
Appearance Mods-Blackout kit (markers, tail lights), black tail light bezels, black chrome trunk lettering, LSR billet engine dress-up kit, sub box. Billet tensioner pulley and thermostat housing (Billetcustom), Heritage grille.

Tuned by Matt @ Florida Speed and Power
379/388 Mustang dyno
MrGs SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:07 PM   #18
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Worse fuel mileage because you can't keep your foot out of it, It's just too much fun!
Old 07-24-2013, 09:19 PM   #19
J-ROD-210

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS RJT A6
I have a JRE tune. I have not reset the mpg in a year or so and displaying 17.6. It used to be exactly 16 before headers and tune. I guess Jannetty is a magic tuner. I tend to have a lead foot too
Old 07-24-2013, 10:04 PM   #20
2SSRSinBama

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro CGM
i disabled AFM, tuned my car, and gained a mpg with mods, lol

2010 Camaro SS L99... has a few mods
2SSRSinBama is offline   Reply With Quote