Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-26-2013, 07:17 PM   #1
Sirwestofash

Drives: afeafeafeafaefae
Removing Flash Tech Halo

I took the front bumper off today, and disconnected the four bolts that kept the headlights locked in place. Long story short. After that i'm at a complete loss as to how to disconnect the headlight entirely from the car. Seeing as how i have to place my headlight into the oven to dissolve the glue and reseal it after i fix my headlight.

There are wires that have no ends or beginnings. They go into the headlight housing itself and i'm unaware as to what i must do to disconnect these wires. Can anyone post some youtube videos or guides? If these still lack the answers to my questions i'll post some videos and photos of what i'm dealing with tomorrow. PLEASE AND THANK YOU!!!!

No smart ass or trolling comments please. I just need help with my first DIY fix on my car.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:52 AM   #2
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Drives: 2019 OC 1SS/1LE
You should be able to remove the silicone from the headlight where it was baked and put back together. The second time you open the headlights you won't have to bake it. Usually you can just peel the silicone off.

Did you not install this kit, I'm guessing? I've opened my headlights about 4 times now.. it's really not that bad you just have to make sure to seal them up REALLY good so you don't get condensation.

You've probably just got to open it up, remove the halo and cut the wires at some point so you can pull them through the hole made in the headlight. Just make sure to silicone that back up really good and you will be fine.

..If I'm way off, post some pics and I'd be glad to help.
MackMan is offline   Reply With Quote