Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 05-04-2009, 10:40 AM   #659
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
When I saw ABM in person (multiple forms of lighting), it was very hard for me to see any hint of green. But it absolutely did not look anything like that bright green/jade photoshop that Venom cooked up...
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:00 AM   #660
fixxer56
Thin Blue Line

Drives: ABM 2LT/RS #10094
Send a message via AIM to fixxer56
I agree with Dustin, after seeing the ABM on a Camaro at the Philly Auto show, even under high intensity show lighting, I saw little if any green. It has been confirmed by rallysport I believe, that there is green of some sort (I do not recall which) in the paint formula. He mixed it himself for a model he painted using the real formula.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:39 PM   #661
VenomZ302
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue RS/SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post
When I saw ABM in person (multiple forms of lighting), it was very hard for me to see any hint of green. But it absolutely did not look anything like that bright green/jade photoshop that Venom cooked up...
I will say that I've only seen the Colorado look like what I Photoshopped once. Other times it's been more blue or more turquoise. My guess is that it has to be the exact lighting conditions to hit that hue. That and it may be something only a few of us will see given the number of our cones/cylinders/spheres.

After repeated viewings of the color, I still love it, but I'll admit that I second guessed the color after I saw it that first evening. It was an unpleasant surprise.

Also the sun was so bright that it made everything around the Colorado be affected by an orange tint. The intensity of the light probably just added to the equation.

3/13/09 - Ordered Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS/RS M6!
7/13/09 - Built!
8/11/09 - Delivered!

2G1FT1EW2A9124579
VenomZ302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:26 PM   #662
Riderover40

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 2SS LS3 w/RS
Can't get enough ABM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareSS View Post
thats weird because it is opposite on the HHR...when i saw the HHR in ABM around 6oclock one day...the sun was down but it wasnt dark yet if u guys know what i mean...the HHR did NOT in any shape or form show a blue...it was most deffanitely a dark flat jadish looking color...thats y i was so worried at first about abm...i gotta go back and take good pics with my digital camera...my phone pics werent that good but u can still see the jade im talkin bout...
I am going to hazzard a guess here that you may have been looking at a HHR that was "not" ABM. When I was first looking for a vehicle I mmistook an odd colored HHR for ABM but after seeing a Colorado and a Canyon at a dealer with ABM on the sticker I was thhen sure that the HHR I had previously saw and thought was ABM was not ABM but another GM color that looks more Tealy colored then Blue. Anything is possible. I have since seen an HHR breifly in my work parking lot and it was definately ABM, it did not show off any green hues......I dont get it. One thing I do know is everybodys eyes are different and some of us may actually not be able to see the green as much......some of us might pick up greens to easily. I guess whats important is whats in the eyes of the beholder and the delivery will tell the story!
Roto Fab CAI, Magnacharger MP2300, Kooks HO SS 1-7/8" LT's, Kook's Catted Connectors, Corsa SS Dual Rear Exit Cat-Back for A6 with Lasered Livernois Signature 4" Dual Wall Exit Pipes, Barton Short Throw. 546 RWHP 517 RWT

This Car Rocks !! "Bring It On" GT-500
Riderover40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:32 PM   #663
Riderover40

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 2SS LS3 w/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarojoe View Post
The ABM shows off a greenish turquoise in the sun. I like the color, but wish it was a little bit darker. IBM is too dark in my opinion. If picking out of the 2 colors, I would go with ABM.

The lighting drastically changes the color though. When it's not as sunny, it's a perfect blue that doesn't show much "green". In direct sun, the greenish tint shows
Again , I totally disagree ! In direct sunlight the 2009 ABM Colorado and the 2009 Canyon beside it were "extremely" blue. I mean unbelievably blue and I am definately going by these two trucks for my comparison cause both had the dealer ticket on them with "Aqua Blue Metallic". in quotations !.....I dont get it. Has this HHR got the dealers sticker on it saying ABM or can you verify that its ABM ? There is some other GM blues that do not look like a bright blue such as ABM.
Roto Fab CAI, Magnacharger MP2300, Kooks HO SS 1-7/8" LT's, Kook's Catted Connectors, Corsa SS Dual Rear Exit Cat-Back for A6 with Lasered Livernois Signature 4" Dual Wall Exit Pipes, Barton Short Throw. 546 RWHP 517 RWT

This Car Rocks !! "Bring It On" GT-500
Riderover40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:44 PM   #664
camarojoe

Drives: 69 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riderover40 View Post
Again , I totally disagree ! In direct sunlight the 2009 ABM Colorado and the 2009 Canyon beside it were "extremely" blue. I mean unbelievably blue and I am definately going by these two trucks for my comparison cause both had the dealer ticket on them with "Aqua Blue Metallic". in quotations !.....I dont get it. Has this HHR got the dealers sticker on it saying ABM or can you verify that its ABM ? There is some other GM blues that do not look like a bright blue such as ABM.
I pass by it every day going to work. In certain bright direct light it shows slight tint of green. I even talked about it with some other people and they agreed. But in the typical sunny, but not extremely sunny to overcast, it's a cool blue.

Pictures don't do it justice. Once you see, you will agree.
camarojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:21 PM   #665
NightmareSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 92 300zx 2001 Ram
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomZ302 View Post
I will say that I've only seen the Colorado look like what I Photoshopped once. Other times it's been more blue or more turquoise. My guess is that it has to be the exact lighting conditions to hit that hue. That and it may be something only a few of us will see given the number of our cones/cylinders/spheres.

After repeated viewings of the color, I still love it, but I'll admit that I second guessed the color after I saw it that first evening. It was an unpleasant surprise.

Also the sun was so bright that it made everything around the Colorado be affected by an orange tint. The intensity of the light probably just added to the equation.
HAHA u were me a month or so ago...when i first seen the HHR in ABM without the sun out i was sooo disappointed and worried...but i just tell myself that its cuz the HHR is round and the camaro will look more blue...thats my story and im sticking with it...

imma repost my old post with the jade looking HHR...
Old 05-04-2009, 11:22 PM   #666
NightmareSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riderover40 View Post
I am going to hazzard a guess here that you may have been looking at a HHR that was "not" ABM. When I was first looking for a vehicle I mmistook an odd colored HHR for ABM but after seeing a Colorado and a Canyon at a dealer with ABM on the sticker I was thhen sure that the HHR I had previously saw and thought was ABM was not ABM but another GM color that looks more Tealy colored then Blue. Anything is possible. I have since seen an HHR breifly in my work parking lot and it was definately ABM, it did not show off any green hues......I dont get it. One thing I do know is everybodys eyes are different and some of us may actually not be able to see the green as much......some of us might pick up greens to easily. I guess whats important is whats in the eyes of the beholder and the delivery will tell the story!
funny u say that cuz at first i was wondering if/hoping that it was wasnt abm, but it was...i saw the sticker...i think the color ur thinking of is tahiti green or something like that...it was deff abm... check out my post and crappy cell phone pics...
Old 05-04-2009, 11:27 PM   #667
NightmareSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareSS View Post
im convinced that the 3 hot pics that dustin posted isnt the same blue! i just came from the dealership and looked at the color on the hhr and there is sooooooooooo much green in it...no matter wut angle i looked at the car in i NEVER seen that bright ass blue like in dustins pics...i took pics with my phone but they came out like shit...

i know the pics are bad...but as u can see without the direct light, the HHR isnt the bright blue we love...BUT ive seen the abm camaro not in the light and it doesnt look as bad as the HHR...and i also seen the HHR in the sunlight and its freakin beautiful!!! and after seeing those pics of the abm 2010 with the blue 69....i have no doubts at all...if my car wants to turn a greenish blue as the suns going down...so be it, cuz tom morning imma have that blue back bitches!

PS....if u look at the bumper in that 3rd pic...u can see how the blue comes out a lil bit...the HHR shows two colors ALOT...specially around the bumper and fender flares...i took a video with my phone of the abm HHR in the bright sun and it was stunning...the video looks crappy cuz its a phone but if some1 can tell me how to get it on here it would be cool....or let me send the video to their phone and they can do it...
Old 05-04-2009, 11:52 PM   #668
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Old 05-05-2009, 09:03 AM   #669
ponycrusher21
Christopher Fernandez

Drives: Toyota Prius
i like aqua blue metallic.

i found this video.

ponycrusher21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:03 AM   #670
VenomZ302
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue RS/SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponycrusher21 View Post
i like aqua blue metallic.

i found this video.

Thanks for the video. I hadn't seen that before.

By the way, Chevy even has a picture on their website that's pretty close to how I saw the Colorado that evening. Rendered in Photoshop or real, this is reasonably close to what I saw, although I'd still say I saw more green.
Attached Images

3/13/09 - Ordered Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS/RS M6!
7/13/09 - Built!
8/11/09 - Delivered!

2G1FT1EW2A9124579

Last edited by VenomZ302; 05-05-2009 at 12:01 PM.
VenomZ302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:12 PM   #671
garymac
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 1969SS & future C5 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomZ302 View Post
+1
Venom,

BTW...the dealer car that Marchant Chevy is getting is supposed to be ABM. He is not sure if it will be there by tomorrow, but it should be there real soon.
garymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:41 PM   #672
NightmareSS

that video is insane...that car is beautiful!

and venom...thats the color i seen on the HHR too...your not alone

Tags
abm camaro, aqua blue, aqua blue metallic, aqua blue metallic camaro, camaro, car, sevn86 was here!