Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-07-2010, 03:08 PM   #15
Waco
Layla

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, LS3, CGM/IO
You're military, you can get Supplier Pricing, no questions asked. Start there and don't pay any more than that. I had no haggles whatsoever. I brought in the print out from the web to show what I wanted and the dealer/salesman plugged it into Workbench, I paid my deposit, and I was off. (I had the credit union discount [same as Supplier] and had my number for that with me, but being military I got the same discount without it...all the discounts equal Supplier Pricing now)

Good luck, ordering the car is exciting isn't it? And thanks for your service.
Waco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:43 AM   #16
TROB56

Drives: camaro 2ss
I think that if you are looking for a discount on a hot vehicle like the Camaro you probably can't afford the car thats the reason why the car holds it value like it does!
TROB56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:34 AM   #17
camarojoe

Drives: 69 Camaro
I know the guys at Paddock Chevrolet in Kenmore have been selling for less than MSRP. I think they have 50+ in stock now.

http://www.paddockchevrolet.com/Vehi...make=Chevrolet
camarojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:43 PM   #18
njhardc0re

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TROB56 View Post
I think that if you are looking for a discount on a hot vehicle like the Camaro you probably can't afford the car thats the reason why the car holds it value like it does!
Not everyone likes paying full price for something they don't have to. You probably bent over and paid over MSRP lol
njhardc0re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 03:35 PM   #19
thedonkeyslayer

Drives: XK 4x4 Ordered '11 2SS/RS SW LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by njhardc0re View Post
Not everyone likes paying full price for something they don't have to. You probably bent over and paid over MSRP lol
+1

worst post ever (that I read today)
thedonkeyslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:51 AM   #20
Jim Thompson
Thornton Chevrolet

Drives: Golf Cart
With you being military, you are eligible for preferred pricing, which is around $1200 below MSRP on a SS. If you are a full USAA member you are eligible for a $750 rebate. So basically you can get your camaro for a couple thousand below MSRP, pending the exact model and options on the car.

little_bank is correct. grab one of the folks here and tell them exactly what you want and they will find it for you and help with the shipping if needed. no reason to even get in the car and visit a local dealer, unless they happen to be one of the folks that we know and trust.
Jim Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:52 AM   #21
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by TROB56 View Post

Wow. I don't care how much something is, but If i can get it for 1 or 2k less than I should have to pay, why not?

OP: $1,000 to $1,300 under MSRP with no discounts, and less with discounts is the going rate.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:52 AM   #22
Maa107
Someone give me a Camaro!

Drives: '09HHR
I'm in the same boat you are. I'm looking to buy a 2SS/RS. If you do research you'll learn alot! especially at edmunds.com, in the span of 1 1/2 days I have learned so much. http://www.edmunds.com/new/2010/chev....html?action=2 check out this page, this is of course assuming you want a manual. but you can change it later if you want auto. there are many articles there that help you with salesmen/dealerships to negotiate. Here are a few tips that i would give to you based on what i have learned from the articles there:
- NEVER buy a car the same day you walk in, even if the price seems unbeatable, just tell them "ehh ill think about it" and of course leave your info and then maybe a few days later buy it.

- If you plan on trading in, do some research first and see what its valued at and if they do not give you something close to that then DO NOT take the offer they give for your trade-in

-Try to know almost everything about the camaro so that way they dont tell you some BS story about how they are limited or etc.

-ALWAYS research invoice price and try to settle at that price or below. Also look for discounts that are available to you, because some of these salesmen tell you there's none when you ask.

- Never negotiate based on payments, what I mean is if they tell you "What would you like your monthly payment to be?" some dealers do this and customers forget that even though they settle on a low monthly payment the actual price of the car may still be high but they bump up loan terms to 72 months and interest rate or they throw in some insurance bulls**t. always negotiate on vehicle price.

now that being said it is a fact that people who shop online and get quotes online get a better price than those who go into a dealership. last but not least RESEARCH... i cant stress this enough, ive done research for about 2 days like i mentioned before and man has it helped...well good luck to you and i hope you get what you want!