Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 06-18-2012, 04:17 PM   #29
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
So far we have pics for 1 RX TT & 1 RX SC, and a link to a custom turbo. Any others care to share?

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:35 PM   #30
MrGood

Drives: Broken palmghetto test car
Send a message via Yahoo to MrGood
Well I will be adding pics of my Rx Supercharer build as soon as it is finished! An possibly along the way.
MrGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:14 PM   #31
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gahammerle View Post
So far we have pics for 1 RX TT & 1 RX SC, and a link to a custom turbo. Any others care to share?
My RX SC kit is supposed to ship by week's end. I'll post pics of the kit before during and after install and of course some sweet WOT vids.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:19 PM   #32
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Drives: One Badass 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
My RX SC kit is supposed to ship by week's end. I'll post pics of the kit before during and after install and of course some sweet WOT vids.
Mine was gonna ship today but Tracy left early cuz he got sick but he was certain mine will ship tomorrow. And i will have pics of it all laid out nicely, pics of install process in the garage, and pics of it complete. I'll try to get videos but I will certainly have some dyno numbers before final tune and after final tune
Old 06-18-2012, 05:42 PM   #33
Chrisco22

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro LS
whats the price tag on a twin turbo system?
Chrisco22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:15 PM   #34
MrGood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisco22 View Post
whats the price tag on a twin turbo system?
I can't speak for other shops but I can tell you the Rx Performance FI prices

Twin Turbo kit $6,900.00
Single Turbo kit $5,900.00
Supercharger kit $5,900.00

Installation is $1000.00 on all.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:26 PM   #35
smoke1lt

Drives: 2011 1lt/rs/sim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrole+ View Post
subscribed....?'s to FI owners. what made you choose your TT/Turbo/Supercharger?
completely satisfied? Drastic Differences?
For me I always liked the way the SC sounded.Back in 2010 when I was looking to buy a Camaro I was back and forth between a V6 and a 1ss.When i saw that video from Lingenfelter of that supercharged V6,that was it, I orderd a 1lt and one day it would be supercharged,well almost 2 years later it finally happened and I love it.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:11 PM   #36
MrGood

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke1lt View Post
For me I always liked the way the SC sounded.Back in 2010 when I was looking to buy a Camaro I was back and forth between a V6 and a 1ss.When i saw that video from Lingenfelter of that supercharged V6,that was it, I orderd a 1lt and one day it would be supercharged,well almost 2 years later it finally happened and I love it.
I too love the sound of the supercharger and don't care for turbo lag too much. What made me decide to not sleep until I got it was this guy^ heres in person. And now I should have mine back by the end of the week Rx charged!
Old 06-18-2012, 10:29 PM   #37
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGood View Post
I too love the sound of the supercharger and don't care for turbo lag too much. What made me decide to not sleep until I got it was this guy^ heres in person. And now I should have mine back by the end of the week Rx charged!
What turbo lag I haven't felt that yet lol!
Old 06-20-2012, 08:02 AM   #38
blackTT600

Drives: 2011 2LT M6 SC
So I keep hearing about these 2nd and 3rd gear pulls, what is the fastest yall have gone? above the factory limit? has it been removed?
blackTT600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:56 AM   #39
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Factory speed limiter is removed. Gretchen has the new turbos on, waiting to here the results.

We can now do one SC install every 3 days with the new facility almost finished.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:28 AM   #40
MrGood

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
Factory speed limiter is removed. Gretchen has the new turbos on, waiting to here the results.

We can now do one SC install every 3 days with the new facility almost finished.
Don't let anyone else around here get one I wanna be the only one haha jk it's awesome how many people are picking these up. Thanks again Tracy for all you do for us LLT guys.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:46 AM   #41
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackTT600 View Post
So I keep hearing about these 2nd and 3rd gear pulls, what is the fastest yall have gone? above the factory limit? has it been removed?
On the TT in 3rd boost is up at about 45mph if I recall right. But I love to WOT when it's at 50-55mph that when it's REALLY flying. I have gotten up to 110 in third then into 4th fastest I have gone is 121. It's so fast and easy to reach I never needed to go any further. 1st & 2nd are so brutal and crazy I tend to TRY and stay out of it if I can . Boost is even nice in 6th gear, you punch it and it's in instant boost. But at a smoother rate and you won't know until you look at the dial to see that your flying.

And yes like Tracy said with the tune you are automatically limiter free. But if you don't already, get the proper tires for high speeds.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:46 AM   #42
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post

I'll try to fill everyone in as soon as I can. It was a long hot day of tuning, but it went well. Have a bit more tweaking to do but the boost comes on strong well below the stall and climbs thorughout the RPM range. Torque down low is awesome. Still running pump gas only on the stock pump so we could probably make more power later, but staying where we are for no. These things are very different than other turbos we've used, so getting the boost just right is a bit challenging. It's not going to make monster power, but we have a MUCH wider power band. Should be perfect for the road course and still do well in the 1/4.