Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-09-2013, 10:31 PM   #1
Big_b16

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
Hard to find black/black 2SS/RS w/manual trans

My local dealer is having a hard time locating the camaro I want. There are a few within a few hundred miles...but not many. The closest one was ruined by the owning dealer by putting some hideous blade spoiler on it...then adding silver pin stripes to a black/black camaro. The pins I could just pull off, but can the dealer take the spoiler off and put the original back on? Looking at my local dealer's inventory, it looks like it'll take about 6 bolts and some adhesive to pull it back off. Anyone ever had a dealer take off bad dealer installed decisions. Everything else about the vehicle is great. The one they located wasn't going to happen because the dealer with it was unwilling to let it go...even though he had 3 other 6-speed camaros on his lot. His rational was that it was his last black/black.

Side note, I was also told about the extra $500 GM cash back, so $1500 down this way. I didn't even get into price negotiations with them until they can get the camaro on the lot. I'll give them a couple days and will then just drive to one of the dealers with the vehicle I want. I gave them a $300 deposit, but I should be able to get that back if they can't get the one I want.

Ideas on how long to wait, or whether or not a dealer can remove options they put on that I don't want to waste money on or even moderately like the look of?
Big_b16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:16 PM   #2
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
Black/Black/M6 is one of the most common color combos there is. I'd say they should be able to find what you want or they aren't looking very hard for it. Try another dealer.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:28 PM   #3
Big_b16

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
I've looked using chevy's locator from here to New Orleans to Tampa to Atlanta. I'd say there are about 6. I'd have thought there would be a few more around. There are a few 1LEs out there but I don't need virtually 1g cornering or tires that need to be replaced more often at a greater price. The cross member under the hood looks good, but the matte black hood isn't really my thing.
Big_b16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:28 PM   #4
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
You can likely sell the tires/wheels for the cost of the package. Then still have all the handling benefits (well most, it will be affected some by different tires) and other options included in the package.

And the hood wrap can be removed.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote