Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > V8 - Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons, Tuning Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 12:28 PM   #1
StrykersG8
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
FS: ARH headers 1 7/8 /w Highflow cats

Due to family problems I'm selling my Brand new ARH system that I never got to install. Comes with with everything you need to install. Asking $1000 + shipping OBO. I need the headers gone ASAP.

Chris

Last edited by StrykersG8; 06-24-2010 at 11:00 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:52 AM   #2
ssrspanzer

Drives: 2010 ssrs
headers

pm me im very intrested are they coated and are they for a 8 cyl stick? ty joe
Old 06-25-2010, 04:28 PM   #3
TrackZero

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
PM sent
Old 06-25-2010, 04:43 PM   #4
fieldgoal00
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS
I already sent him payment for these earlier today
Old 06-25-2010, 06:29 PM   #5
fieldgoal00
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS
Hey guys,
StrykersG8 posted a thread for some ARH 1 7/8" headers in the for sale section the other day and he was only asking $1000 because he needed the money quick. So I pm'd him throughout the day today and after chatting back and forth I sent him money through paypal for $1000.00. The minute I sent the money to him he stop answering my PM's and I am stuck with no money because paypal will not help me because I sent it as a personal fund so he didn't incur the 3% charge on the money.
My wife also got on here on her name after I paid him and she asked him if they were still for sale and he PM'd her back and said yes they were. This threw up a red flag.
I found he was a member on GRRRR8.NET as well so I checked on there and he is selling stuff on there as well. Well I found one person that bought something from him and they said that they did receive it and his reason for selling him the exhaust he got was because he needed money. He concurred that the guys real name is that same guy that I sent money to and that the guy lived in Arizona. That was another red flag because the guy told me he would be shipping them from Seattle,WA.
However, since I've been searching all day, I've been able to find pictures of other items he was selling on GRRRR8.NET with his screen name in the picture with the items he was selling in the same photobucket account that the picture of the headers was in that he sent me. So I've printed out pictures of his photobucket pictures showing his car and license plate, the items he was selling with his screen name in the pictures and also all the threads he has posted showing the same pictures in them. This way I can link both of the screen names (camaro5 and grrrr8.net) together along with the same photobucket account and with the car in the pictures.
I also found a post where he posted his zip code for shipping purposes, so my wife and I now have his address, phone number and everything we need to know to go to the AZ police and file a police report. I am willing to let it drop if he will just send us our money back.
Anyone fellow Camaro5 members in Arizona wanna help find this guy and get our money back?
Old 06-25-2010, 06:43 PM   #6
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Am I reading this wrong, or did you send him the money then assume fraud on the same day? I saw the point about your wife's screen name, but some types of paypal transfers take 3-5 business days. Maybe he's keeping the sale open until your check clears, so to speak.

Either way, hope it works out for you!
Old 06-25-2010, 06:58 PM   #7
NVMYSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandotron View Post
Am I reading this wrong, or did you send him the money then assume fraud on the same day? I saw the point about your wife's screen name, but some types of paypal transfers take 3-5 business days. Maybe he's keeping the sale open until your check clears, so to speak.

Either way, hope it works out for you!
I am fieldgoal00's wife. After the money was sent he told my husband they would be shipped from Washington, however I had already looked him up and knew that he lives in Arizona. This was a red flag to me so without telling my husband I sent him a message from my screenname asking if they were still for sale and he replied yes and that he had to get rid of them today. I replied with a message asking for his phone number so I could call and talk to him about the headers and it took him forever to reply and when he did he said they were already sold. (He probably figured out that fieldgoal00 and nvmyss are married) I then sent him another message explaining that all of this seems fishy so I asked him to call me. After a few more hours went by and he never replied that's when I threatened to call the police in AZ. As soon as I said that he made all of his pictures on photobucket private (but I had already printed them) and started deleting stuff off of his account on www.grrrr8.net which is another forum website that I found him on and I also tried to contact him there.
I am fully aware that it takes 3-5 days for paypal to transfer the funds however his lack of communication after we questioned why the headers would be shipped from washington is why we are assuming fraud. He knows the money is guaranteed b/c he had us send it through "personal" on paypal. He said this was to avoid the 3% service fee that they charge, but also when you send money that was you can't retract it, cancel it, or dispute it, according to paypal.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:42 PM   #8
GeorgeInNePa
Plastic Cuttin' Badass

Drives: '08 G8GT 6.0
Hi,
I'm a mod at grrrr8.net and I'm trying to figure out if this is the same guy that posts over there, or just a guy with a similar username.

The StrykersG8 from our board has been on there since last year and never advertised Camaro headers for sale and never mentioned a Camaro in his posts, as far as I can tell.

Also, the guy you found that bought something from stryker, was it over here or on grrrr8?
FasterProms Tune, Ported TB/Intake - HSRK - Vararam - SLP 25% UD Pulley - ARH 1 3/4" Longtubes - Pypes Violators - Yank 3200 Converter - PCM4Less Trans Cooler - DashHawk - All Pedders Bushings, Xa Coil-Overs - Spohn Arms - Billet Prototypes Catch Can - Skinnies on GTO rims - ET Streets on F Body Rims - SJM LineLoc - 3.70gears/Harrop TrueTrac
Coming Soon: Ported Heads/Cam/DoD Delete
Old 06-25-2010, 07:54 PM   #9
NVMYSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeInNePa View Post
Hi,
I'm a mod at grrrr8.net and I'm trying to figure out if this is the same guy that posts over there, or just a guy with a similar username.

The StrykersG8 from our board has been on there since last year and never advertised Camaro headers for sale and never mentioned a Camaro in his posts, as far as I can tell.

Also, the guy you found that bought something from stryker, was it over here or on grrrr8?
Yes, it is the same guy. He emailed us pictures of the headers that were in his photobucket album. The same car that is his avatar picture on grrrr8.net is in many of the pictures in his photobucket album. It was also verified by his license plate.
The guy that bought something from him was also on grrrr8.net. The purchase was just last month.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:55 PM   #10
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Notify your credit card company or bank IMMEDIATELY have them put a freeze on any paypal ACH transfers. Or transfer ALL the money out of the account linked to your pay pal but a buck or two. That way you shouldn't be out any money. Unless they've already sent it. Then you're screwed.

Gotta be quicker than he is. Otherwise, good luck.

The red flag should have went up when this guy has 8 posts and it's NOTHING but trying to sell junk.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
Old 06-25-2010, 08:08 PM   #11
GeorgeInNePa
Plastic Cuttin' Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVMYSS View Post
Yes, it is the same guy. He emailed us pictures of the headers that were in his photobucket album. The same car that is his avatar picture on grrrr8.net is in many of the pictures in his photobucket album. It was also verified by his license plate.
The guy that bought something from him was also on grrrr8.net. The purchase was just last month.
I see...
FasterProms Tune, Ported TB/Intake - HSRK - Vararam - SLP 25% UD Pulley - ARH 1 3/4" Longtubes - Pypes Violators - Yank 3200 Converter - PCM4Less Trans Cooler - DashHawk - All Pedders Bushings, Xa Coil-Overs - Spohn Arms - Billet Prototypes Catch Can - Skinnies on GTO rims - ET Streets on F Body Rims - SJM LineLoc - 3.70gears/Harrop TrueTrac
Old 06-25-2010, 08:21 PM   #12
GeorgeInNePa
Plastic Cuttin' Badass

I'll try to PM one of them, but if a Mod or Admin is reading this, if we could share his IP , we'd like to confirm.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:37 PM   #13
racrx451

Drives: 2010 white SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
Notify your credit card company or bank IMMEDIATELY have them put a freeze on any paypal ACH transfers. Or transfer ALL the money out of the account linked to your pay pal but a buck or two. That way you shouldn't be out any money. Unless they've already sent it. Then you're screwed.

Gotta be quicker than he is. Otherwise, good luck.

The red flag should have went up when this guy has 8 posts and it's NOTHING but trying to sell junk.

+1!! if it hasn't cleared your account, tell the bank to freeze it.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:56 PM   #14
GeorgeInNePa
Plastic Cuttin' Badass

The IP matches.

NVMYSS and fieldgoal00, I'll help any way I can, but my info is limited.

Closed Thread