Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 03-15-2013, 10:08 PM   #337
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...and that took how many decades?????.....
Pontiac was still making BB's in 1979 and when did we see a a GNX?
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:18 PM   #338
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
I want an LS7 Z/28 as bad as most people in the Z forum but I, being a gun owner in the California, have become a realist in the future of our hobby. I know that government and it's regulations, along with the internal regulations of GM, will more than likely prevent another Z/28 along the lines of the first gen being produced ever again. It isn't the 60's where 6 MPG was acceptable, as long as it put down more power than the other guys.
...as sure as God made apples, any Federal gun control power grab will fail, it will fall down to the States to regulate those laws as it has been....IMHO the LS7 Camaro option will be unveiled next week at NYC. It will not be a Z/28, more along the lines of a special model, like the XM, Dusk, or other limited special production we have seen. Maybe even a 1LE performance package. Yes, it's not the 60's anymore, it's the new millenium 60's, with comfort and technology,....but.....peak oil is upon us, new energy intiatives and sources must be brought to market for our energy independance and our survival. We must get away from an uncertain world that grows more dangerous and is less friendly to our interests. We must find a way to leave behind that special interest need that we spend too much blood and treasure on..
Old 03-18-2013, 01:33 PM   #339
LeanPocket

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
,....but.....peak oil is upon us, new energy intiatives and sources must be brought to market for our energy independance and our survival. We must get away from an uncertain world that grows more dangerous and is less friendly to our interests. We must find a way to leave behind that special interest need that we spend too much blood and treasure on..

screw that hippie stuff ill be sure to buy the lopiest highest reving cam on the market when i buy my ls7 camaro.

Nobody cares about MPG's, warranties, or the planet's general well being here at camaro5.
LeanPocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:37 PM   #340
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
I doubt we are at peak oil. The government just wants to force us to use renewable technologies even though they are limited and not as practical as oil.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:15 PM   #341
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanPocket View Post
screw that hippie stuff ill be sure to buy the lopiest highest reving cam on the market when i buy my ls7 camaro.

Nobody cares about MPG's, warranties, or the planet's general well being here at camaro5.
...well, if the ignoramuses would like to vote, I guess you would be the speaker...just sayin.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
I doubt we are at peak oil. The government just wants to force us to use renewable technologies even though they are limited and not as practical as oil.
...no, we are struggling to meet our National energy goals, and GM is in the works with the GOV to help further this independance we are striving for. Sidenote, CA shale, with the pipeline to LA/TX refinery region must be brought forth as expeditiously as possible through Congress to buy NA some time to bring cleaner more fuel efficient technology products to market. This fossil fuel energy thing is timebomb, whether or not one wants to admit to it.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:44 AM   #342
LeanPocket

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
...no, we are struggling to meet our National energy goals, and GM is in the works with the GOV to help further this independance we are striving for. Sidenote, CA shale, with the pipeline to LA/TX refinery region must be brought forth as expeditiously as possible through Congress to buy NA some time to bring cleaner more fuel efficient technology products to market. This fossil fuel energy thing is timebomb, whether or not one wants to admit to it.

i wish e85 was more abundant
LeanPocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:49 AM   #343
Mikes SS

Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS 6M
It would be if people would jump on the bandwagon and run with it. I remember a few years ago, the City had a meeting and a vote was made to not build the proposed Ethanol plant here in Chesapeake. This biggest concern? The towns people didn't want their back yard smelling like french fries!!!! So that says to me that people are dumb, also resistant to change and that the "chance" of a smell put off bringing jobs to the area and cheaper fuel for our cars...dumb...
Mikes SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:47 PM   #344
OldScoolCamaro

..ethanol.....corn....food....not sustainable for long term fuel needs. Short term, the world gets larger, the food needs get bigger, we can't grow our way out of this using soil and crops.....a freakin' National Energy Inititive needs to be dictated by the Executive Office, only problem is there's no one behind the helm to steer it.....
Old 03-24-2013, 01:40 AM   #345
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
To answer the OP's original question, I'd think soon. Then again....that's what I think.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:00 PM   #346
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
3/27/2013
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:18 PM   #347
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post