Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 06-19-2013, 03:27 PM   #29
KylePickard

Drives: 2012 Chevy 2SS 45th Edition Camaro
Well UPS said the Magnuson declared the value of the package at $5
KylePickard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:18 PM   #30
Smkn600CTD

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS and 2014 SS Sedan
The box and packaging cost 5 bucks.....what about the contents????
2014 SS Sedan #2577/3537
2013 Camaro 2SS/RS.
2013 Camro ZL1 Vert
2009 Dodge Daytona Charger #332/400
Smkn600CTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:37 PM   #31
KylePickard

Thats a good question
Old 06-19-2013, 09:39 PM   #32
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
So...how will this play out?

Package should be reported as lost. Whoever's account it was shipped on will file a claim. UPS will take 10 days to investigate it, and then either deny, or pay the claim. If the package is truly lost, they will pay it normally. So Magnacharger would file the claim, and get the money back. Honestly, you should not be concerned about what they insured it for..because really that is their problem. UPS insurance is expensive...and some companies make the decision it is cheaper to pay out of pocket when a loss happens than insure every package. One year we spent tens of thousands in insurance for shipments, and UPS paid $1500 in claims. If you were a business, what would you do?

Either way, if it is lost, and there is no evidence of wrong doing on your part (mispackaging, etc), they should replace it.

One thing that will not happen...is you will not get a new supercharger until UPS completes their investigation, and verifies it is lost. You installed the part, and it is yours. If Magnusun sends you a new kit, they will be stuck with your used kit that they have to sell as refurbished at a loss. That is not part of the warranty process.

And here is some business perspective-

When you run a business, one of the scariest things is sending someone a return label on your UPS account. Main reason is..for every genuinely nice person out there, there is someone who is careless or plain fraudulent. Like with us, our return policy states the part has to be in new, original packaging.

You should see some of the returns we get. People throw stuff on the box with almost none of the packing material in it...and act astonished or lie when you call them to say the part came back destroyed. We have had times where people send a pulley back with no packaging, and a loose bolt in the box. The bolt gouges the pulley all up, and makes it unsellable. Then the customer is like "Whatever..give me my money back!" We once had someone ship back a X-pipe in a table cloth, and a Downey laundry detergent box? People generally don't care. And for something like a warranty claim it is worse since they would rather have a new part sent than their original repaired.

The problem as a business, is when you send a label, you are basically taking responsibility for the package. So when the customer mispackages it, or even if it simply gets lost, you are responsible for it because it is your account. We have sent labels before, and had stuff show up damaged. Then we file the claim, and UPS deny's the claim because the customer did not package it right.

Now I know people will wonder how this matters because here the package is lost..not damaged. Well a big reason packages get lost is because of unreadable labels, or packages coming apart in shipment. UPS collects all this stuff in this category in what they call "overgoods". Think of it as a lost and found..and it is where packages go when they no longer have the info to deliver them. When you file a claim, you have to wait 10 days for them to process it. Part of what they do during the 10 days is search the "overgoods" areas.

Now for those saying "file a chargeback"...that is wrong, and will not work. The fact is, customer received parts in good condition and installed them. Magnacharger fulfilled their end of the deal as far as the transaction and delivered the goods. Now 4 days of use later a defect pops up...it is unfortunate, but also a warranty claim. At that point you own the part, and need to send it in for warranty repair. You do not file chargebacks to resolve warranty claim. You also cannot file a chargeback because UPS lost the package when you were sending it in for a warranty claim. When you file a chargeback, they instantly refund your money till the other side replies with their story. In this case, once the facts are sorted, the money will be taken back out your account, and you will be stuck dealing with a company who is really upset with you now.

Plus I am willing to bet that you did not buy the supercharger from Magnusun to start...so really you would be jacking over a 3rd party by filing a chargeback.
MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:47 PM   #33
Camarojt

Drives: 2011camaro SS
^^ very accurate explanation!
Camarojt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:51 PM   #34
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post

Package should be reported as lost. Whoever's account it was shipped on will file a claim. UPS will take 10 days to investigate it, and then either deny, or pay the claim. If the package is truly lost, they will pay it normally. So Magnacharger would file the claim, and get the money back. Honestly, you should not be concerned about what they insured it for..because really that is their problem. UPS insurance is expensive...and some companies make the decision it is cheaper to pay out of pocket when a loss happens than insure every package. One year we spent tens of thousands in insurance for shipments, and UPS paid $1500 in claims. If you were a business, what would you do?

Either way, if it is lost, and there is no evidence of wrong doing on your part (mispackaging, etc), they should replace it.

One thing that will not happen...is you will not get a new supercharger until UPS completes their investigation, and verifies it is lost. You installed the part, and it is yours. If Magnusun sends you a new kit, they will be stuck with your used kit that they have to sell as refurbished at a loss. That is not part of the warranty process.

When you run a business, one of the scariest things is sending someone a return label on your UPS account. Main reason is..for every genuinely nice person out there, there is someone who is careless or plain fraudulent. Like with us, our return policy states the part has to be in new, original packaging.

You should see some of the returns we get. People throw stuff on the box with almost none of the packing material in it...and act astonished or lie when you call them to say the part came back destroyed. We have had times where people send a pulley back with no packaging, and a loose bolt in the box. The bolt gouges the pulley all up, and makes it unsellable. Then the customer is like "Whatever..give me my money back!" We once had someone ship back a X-pipe in a table cloth, and a Downey laundry detergent box? People generally don't care. And for something like a warranty claim it is worse since they would rather have a new part sent than their original repaired.

The problem as a business, is when you send a label, you are basically taking responsibility for the package. So when the customer mispackages it, or even if it simply gets lost, you are responsible for it because it is your account. We have sent labels before, and had stuff show up damaged. Then we file the claim, and UPS deny's the claim because the customer did not package it right.

Now I know people will wonder how this matters because here the package is lost..not damaged. Well a big reason packages get lost is because of unreadable labels, or packages coming apart in shipment. UPS collects all this stuff in this category in what they call "overgoods". Think of it as a lost and found..and it is where packages go when they no longer have the info to deliver them. When you file a claim, you have to wait 10 days for them to process it. Part of what they do during the 10 days is search the "overgoods" areas.

Now for those saying "file a chargeback"...that is wrong, and will not work. The fact is, customer received parts in good condition and installed them. Magnacharger fulfilled their end of the deal as far as the transaction and delivered the goods. Now 4 days of use later a defect pops up...it is unfortunate, but also a warranty claim. At that point you own the part, and need to send it in for warranty repair. You do not file chargebacks to resolve warranty claim. You also cannot file a chargeback because UPS lost the package when you were sending it in for a warranty claim. When you file a chargeback, they instantly refund your money till the other side replies with their story. In this case, once the facts are sorted, the money will be taken back out your account, and you will be stuck dealing with a company who is really upset with you now.

Plus I am willing to bet that you did not buy the supercharger from Magnusun to start...so really you would be jacking over a 3rd party by filing a chargeback.
Agreed...100%
Old 06-20-2013, 02:34 PM   #35
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
I had a $3,000 guitar damaged by UPS, months later, tons of calls, pictures, claim handling, etc etc. I had to give up, they are just freaking assholes over there.

Fedex is much nicer and easier to deal with. UPS is the spawn of Satan.

If the claim is 100$ or less they cut a check no questions asked, over 100$ and its hell.

And get this, the damage was caused by the product packaging, which was packaged by the UPS store personnell, which apparently dont actually work for UPS. So its their way of never being at fault.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:12 PM   #36
KylePickard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post

The supercharger was bought directly from Magnuson at their factory. The supercharger has maybe...MAYBE 50 files on it and the defaulty product is all on Magnuson at this point. They sent me a supercharger with a bad seal that leaked from day one but they tried to give me some bullshit explanation to how they use some lubricant to during the build process and when the engine gets hot this lubricant tends to drip out from the bottom of the charger at the front. Case and point here is that it wasnt drops nor was it coming from the front.

Im just angry at this point because I spent a good chunk of change with them and they arent doing a single thing to help me or start the review process with UPS
Old 06-20-2013, 04:00 PM   #37
Smirnoff

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KylePickard View Post
I went with Magnuson because of all the good things I have heard about them.....
From who & what did you hear.

Smirnoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:20 PM   #38
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
I think Magnuson should send you a replacement unit then go after UPS. after all, it's not like sending out another unit free of charge is going to bankrupt them. obviously they will get their money back from UPS eventually.....
Old 06-20-2013, 04:40 PM   #39
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Hello,
I spoke to Magnacharger's sales manager just now. She said the shipping manager was working on the claim, but it will take time. She also said you bought the kit through a dealer. You did not buy directly from the factory. They said they had been working with the dealer already to fix the issue when you called and also started asking questions.

I don't have a horse in this race..I just know there are always two sides to every story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KylePickard View Post
The supercharger was bought directly from Magnuson at their factory. The supercharger has maybe...MAYBE 50 files on it and the defaulty product is all on Magnuson at this point. They sent me a supercharger with a bad seal that leaked from day one but they tried to give me some bullshit explanation to how they use some lubricant to during the build process and when the engine gets hot this lubricant tends to drip out from the bottom of the charger at the front. Case and point here is that it wasnt drops nor was it coming from the front.

Im just angry at this point because I spent a good chunk of change with them and they arent doing a single thing to help me or start the review process with UPS
MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:23 PM   #40
Magnuson Superchargers

Drives: Supercharged
Kyle, we checked your serial number and that supercharger was purchased through a new dealer that told us the kit was for a shop vehicle and sold to them at a DISCOUNTED price as a non-resale kit. As it turns out this kit was sold to you for your vehicle and there is a suspected oil leak, we offered to check it out and evaluate the SC for you, we sent the dealer the UPS call tag...now UPS cannot locate the package. Unfortunately we cannot send out a new SC until we get a report from UPS claiming the package was lost. The claim was filed through UPS and they have 30 days to process the claim. If your dealer decides to step up and purchase a replacement box#1 (supercharger only) they can, and once UPS has finalized the claim... they will either send us back the lost box or issue us a credit and at that time we will issue a refund direct to the dealer for the replacement unit.
Magnuson Superchargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:02 PM   #41
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
First. Who is this Dealer who did this?

Second. Kyle, why would you come on here and lie? That's BS man.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:01 PM   #42
urr2slo

Drives: 2010 2ss ss/rs abm, 2016 2ss/rs hbm
It looks like the installing dealer took all the money and is not stepping up to take care of you. Magnuson dealers are expected to take care of there client's, otherwise they wont be dealers for long. Magnuson is very good about policing there dealers as is evident by several dealers stepping up here to try and help you. Your dealer will probably not be a dealer for much longer.
They entered into a dealer agreement with Magnuson, purchased a dealer demo at a heavily discounted price, with no intention of installing it on a shop car. Dealer demos are a new program so shops can purchase 1 unit to install and display for there clients. They are sold at substantially below dealer cost. Your dealer became a dealer with the sole purpose of selling you a blower, they decide to profit additionally by selling you that demo, and now they wont step up and take care of you. They expect Magnuson to take care of you over a UPS problem. Most dealers would order a box 1 and go through the process and take care of there client. Your dealers cost on a box 1 is less than the profit they made on you, but they refuse to take care of you and are blaming Magnuson and ups.
Magnuson has policies and procedures that all dealers must follow, in a situation like yours there are 2 choices, wait the 30 days on the freight carrier or the recomended way, take care of the customer and file the claim and wait for the credit. Your dealer was aware of this when they signed up. Looks like there intention was to make a quick buck.
You need to pressure them to step up and do the right thing, bashing Magnuson is not the right thing to do. You should get all your facts straight, you installing dealer is feeding you a lot of B.S.

Tags
magnuson, supercharger