Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-03-2009, 08:30 PM   #43
MikeySoft
Mikey

Drives: 2010 CorvetteGS, 2010 3LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldag92 View Post

I was deciding between the 2LT and a 2SS, and I decided to go with the 2LT for a few reasons:

1) Several thousand cheaper, better gas mileage, and a cheaper insurance rate (and with a family of 5, the overall savings is a big deal)
2) PLENTY of power in the 2LT
3) I am hoping to pass this car down to my kiddo in three years, and she absolutely won't need an SS or the insurance rates to go with it (and probably even this car has a little too much juice for a new driver)
I agree for the same reasons. That is why I went with the V6 as well!

Of course the other BIG reason is my other car is a C6 Vette

Just kidding of course, I also have a 15 year old who is turning 16 in Jan. I made him a deal if he kept its GPA at 4.0 I would buy him a car WHAT WAS I THINKING The Kid has a 4.36 GPA and has 9 hours college credit already.

Hey could have been worse right? He has chosen well. Besides hard to say anything when I had a 71 Chevelle SS in Highschool.

At least I get to drive it till January!
MikeySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:57 PM   #44
Countach

Drives: Future 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeySoft View Post
I agree for the same reasons. That is why I went with the V6 as well!

Of course the other BIG reason is my other car is a C6 Vette

Just kidding of course, I also have a 15 year old who is turning 16 in Jan. I made him a deal if he kept its GPA at 4.0 I would buy him a car WHAT WAS I THINKING The Kid has a 4.36 GPA and has 9 hours college credit already.

Hey could have been worse right? He has chosen well. Besides hard to say anything when I had a 71 Chevelle SS in Highschool.

At least I get to drive it till January!
lol good kid.
Countach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:05 PM   #45
MuscleCarz

Drives: 5.4 3v
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldag92 View Post

3) I am hoping to pass this car down to my kiddo in three years, and she absolutely won't need an SS or the insurance rates to go with it (and probably even this car has a little too much juice for a new driver)
You made the right decision.

I see a Z28 in your future, dad.
MuscleCarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:17 PM   #46
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
As far as worrying about what other people think, if you knew how little of it they actually do, you wouldn't worry about it.

Dude... you have a CAMARO... 'nuff said.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:51 PM   #47
camero

Drives: IOM V6 RS 38808
Yeah I'm having a hard time telling people that I ordered the V6 without segueing into a list of reasons why that sound like lame excuses. I need a snappy conversation ender that won't make me sound like I would rather have the V8 because I really wouldn't.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:56 PM   #48
Blownhotrodder

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Who cares what other people think.
Blownhotrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:59 PM   #49
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by camero View Post
Yeah I'm having a hard time telling people that I ordered the V6 without segueing into a list of reasons why that sound like lame excuses. I need a snappy conversation ender that won't make me sound like I would rather have the V8 because I really wouldn't.
First thing I do is find out what rides they own. If they drive a Subaru outback or something like that I tell them what the Terminator told the motel guy from his menu selection in the first Terminator movie.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 11:07 PM   #50
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
not knocking the 3.6 liter, awsome motor but how do we figure ??

3.6 liter 304 hp to 6.2 liter 400 hp
Some have been kinda weak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trudawg660 View Post
I had one guy....staff sergeant say.....i should hang my head in shame. he still waiting for his white SS and will be for a couple more months.
Tell him to send you to PLDC. More rank, more money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro guy View Post
were tired of ridiculous posts
Haven't seen one in this thread. Got some info to share?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh10Cam View Post
So the 6 speed V6 is faster than the AUTO V8? Interesting.
I was more or less making a joke. NO the V6 is not faster. There have been a few issues with the L99s. Most are fine.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:28 PM   #51
xxbrankxx

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
I ordered the V6 but like I said in one of my other posts, I really don't need a V8 to go to work everyday...it's nice to have that extra HP with the V8 but I think it's just overkill...I mean other than racing somebody (on a rare occasion somebody wants to race me) when the hell are you gonna need 426HP really? City driving where I live I'll be lucky to be going 55 mph max... Like Bruce Almighty said "All this horsepower and no room to gallop!" Plus you factor in gas is always climbing up, and you gotta use premium for the V8, also your insurance will be higher cause they know what's under the hood...yeah I know the true muscle car is always the V8 but I'll be more than content with the V6 for my needs...
Old 07-04-2009, 12:34 AM   #52
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
Tell 'em to blow it out their ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blownhotrodder View Post
Who cares what other people think.
Again...

You get what makes YOU happy. Screw everyone else.

I'm sick of that crap. People need to be more open to other people's likes and dislikes. If you don't like something, don't be an ass about it and be disrespectful to the person. Just move on. If you do like it, say you do and go on....but please...don't be a jerk.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 01:09 AM   #53
wullger
Supercharged

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Tell them your car's favorite snack is rice, and to STFU! The V6 version is the best $23-$30k(ish, depending on options of course!) that you can spend, for the style, performance, and sheer attitude!

They can all blow it out their exhaust ports Ordered a 2SS, but you'll never hear me disrespecting our v6 brothers and sisters!

Appearance Mods:
Heritage Grille, ZL1 Replica Wheels
Performance Mods:
Flowmaster ARH Cat-Back Exhaust, ADM CAI, ADM L99-LS3 Conversion, ADM LSA Supercharger Kit, Lingenfelter GT9 Cam, Stainless Power Headers, Detroit Speed Sway Bars, ZL1 Fuel Pump

581 rwhp/535 lb/ft tq
wullger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:41 AM   #54
missionbrent
Bringing the Sexy Back

Drives: 73GMC/05Jeep/07Cobalt/Ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by trudawg660 View Post
I had one guy....staff sergeant say.....i should hang my head in shame. he still waiting for his white SS and will be for a couple more months.
You can tell him I said to shut his Pogue ass up. Then you can call him a bitch ass REMF for me.
Old 07-04-2009, 04:07 AM   #55
Cessna510
Gm loyalist

Drives: 04 z71 tahoe\99 SS m6
Wow..I'm a v8 guy, but the 5th gen v6 breaks the mold when it comes to sixers. You have a great car that can give many v8's a run for their money..I'd just laugh at them if I were you
Old 07-04-2009, 06:57 AM   #56
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
There are just some people who are just that way. My co-worker for example has a 1965 Mustang, looks great, but when people first go up to her enthusiastically and say "What kind of engine you got?" and she answers the "V6" then it is like "oh.. that sucks" then they end the conversation.

Then I have my friend who told me "No v8 = fail" but yet I laugh as he doesn't know how to drive a stick. To me a "V8 auto = fail"

To me I didn't order a camaro for the muscle, I wanted a cool car to drive. I also figure that my 2lt will wind up being a daily driver, so I got the V6 manual.

I also thought of a good response to someone saying "Why did you only get the V6" to which I told someone already who was trying to get me to get the V8. I simply said "I'm secure"
skuttduck is offline   Reply With Quote