Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-29-2010, 05:54 PM   #1
lexlueger

Drives: V10 BMW M5, Supercharged 2SS/RS
Talking BMR Bushings (pro version)

ok, So I just installed BMR's complete polyurethane bushing kit *pro version*....... Enter perma-grin !! All I can say is this has totally transformed the handling characteristics of the camaro. My previous suspension mods were Eibach springs and sway-bars,Bmr trailing arms and Toe rods. I always felt like the car was unsettled over uneven pavement ,turn-in was lack luster and the rear was all over the place.
Now I cannot unsettle the car...I tried, nothing. The ride quality...wait 4 it...wait 4 it... is as good as stock. Before the bushing swap, bumps, uneven pavement and transitions came into the cabin. Now it feels as smooth as silk. No more rear-end step out!!! There is more road and gear noise now after the bushing swap but IMHO It is worth it.
The thing corners as flat and plants as well as my E60 M5. If any one is considering suspension mods this is THE ONE. I wish I'd done this sooner
IW 8 RIB PULLEY W/ OD COG REARS
NX EXPRESS/NANO KIT

KDI HEAT EXCHANGER/ROTOFAB RESERVOIR
CIRCLE D 2800 TC/FLEX PLATE/ADM TRANS COOLER
DSS DRIVESHAFT/1400 HP AXLES
EATON TRUETRAC -LPE 3.27 GEARS
DYNATECH HEADERS/MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST
SQUASH RETURN STYLE FS ID 850's E85/ FLEXFUEL
BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

KILL MODE, ON.

lexlueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:53 AM   #2
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
As you have discovered, bushing upgrades can make a huge difference. Unfortunately, its not a sexy as adding major components like springs or sway bars so a lot of people neglect this area.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:35 PM   #3
lexlueger

I think I was one of those folks but, I have seen the light
NX EXPRESS/NANO KIT

BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

KILL MODE, ON.

Old 10-31-2010, 06:03 PM   #4
jsharp
NOW CAMMED & SUPERCHARGED

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black w/ IOM
Did you install yourself how hard was it to drop rear cradle and take stock bushing out and replace with new ones?
Livernois Motorsports: Maggie 2300 7psi, Livernois 2C cam/L99 to LS3 Conversion, Ported TB, Rotofab w/adm race scoop, adm trans cooler,Kooks headers no cats, Kooks 3" exhaust. METCO breather. Precision 2400 Vigilante TC. Eibach Lowering Springs & Swaybars. BMR Trailing arms, BMR Rear Cradle Bushings, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Differential bushings. Vossen CV3 20's w/ 305 Mickey Thompson @25psi. Zl1 front bumper. OE Zl1 Hood and matte black insert. 556RWHP/500RWTQ L99
jsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:50 PM   #5
lexlueger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsharp View Post
Did you install yourself how hard was it to drop rear cradle and take stock bushing out and replace with new ones?
I had a local shop do the install. I did hover allot though. The cradle was a non issue but they did have a great deal of difficulty with the bushings in the differential and one sub-frame bushing. The whole process took about 10 hours with breaks. If your going to tackle this with out a press..... be prepared for --> lol.
NX EXPRESS/NANO KIT

BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

KILL MODE, ON.

Old 10-31-2010, 09:41 PM   #6
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlueger View Post
I think I was one of those folks but, I have seen the light
Congratulations!
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 09:53 PM   #7
jsharp

lol gotcha I thought about just doing inserts for cradle and using cincy speed tool for differential
Livernois Motorsports: Maggie 2300 7psi, Livernois 2C cam/L99 to LS3 Conversion, Ported TB, Rotofab w/adm race scoop, adm trans cooler,Kooks headers no cats, Kooks 3" exhaust. METCO breather. Precision 2400 Vigilante TC. Eibach Lowering Springs & Swaybars. BMR Trailing arms, BMR Rear Cradle Bushings, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Differential bushings. Vossen CV3 20's w/ 305 Mickey Thompson @25psi. Zl1 front bumper. OE Zl1 Hood and matte black insert. 556RWHP/500RWTQ L99
Old 11-01-2010, 06:29 AM   #8
lexlueger

Quote:
lol gotcha I thought about just doing inserts for cradle and using cincy speed tool for differential
I would go full bush replacement. The factory bushings are P.O.S... If you've done bushing replacement before, you should be fine and the cincy tool cant hurt . Its above my pay grade! MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU.
NX EXPRESS/NANO KIT

BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

KILL MODE, ON.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:46 AM   #9
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Quote:
What is this "cincy speed tool for differential" you speak of ???
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:48 AM   #10
BMR guy

Drives: 2010 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlueger View Post
ok, So I just installed BMR's complete polyurethane bushing kit *pro version*....... Enter perma-grin !! All I can say is this has totally transformed the handling characteristics of the camaro. My previous suspension mods were Eibach springs and sway-bars,Bmr trailing arms and Toe rods. I always felt like the car was unsettled over uneven pavement ,turn-in was lack luster and the rear was all over the place.
Now I cannot unsettle the car...I tried, nothing. The ride quality...wait 4 it...wait 4 it... is as good as stock. Before the bushing swap, bumps, uneven pavement and transitions came into the cabin. Now it feels as smooth as silk. No more rear-end step out!!! There is more road and gear noise now after the bushing swap but IMHO It is worth it.
The thing corners as flat and plants as well as my E60 M5. If any one is considering suspension mods this is THE ONE. I wish I'd done this sooner
Thanks for the feedback lex. It's great to hear confirmation from someone for something we have been preaching all along. I think the install scares a lot of people away from most of these bushings but they really should be one of the first mods. Having a stable platform really prepares the car for future suspension mods. Glad you have seen the light and are spreading the word!!
BMR guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:33 AM   #11
danhr
BAMF SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS A8
Send a message via AIM to danhr
nice to read this....

was hoping to find some reviews about the bmr subrame bushings.

for what you get and price, I was strongly considering these (as I wanted something a little big more than just the ones that stack on top of the factory ones, but don't think I need/can justify spending the money for solids).... I was just hoping to find more reviews of them

Stock Longblock

800 SAE rwhp. 9.4 @ 145 mph.
danhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:53 AM   #12
BMR guy

Drives: 2010 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by danhr View Post
nice to read this....

was hoping to find some reviews about the bmr subrame bushings.

for what you get and price, I was strongly considering these (as I wanted something a little big more than just the ones that stack on top of the factory ones, but don't think I need/can justify spending the money for solids).... I was just hoping to find more reviews of them
They are still relatively new for us which is really the only reason you haven't seen as many reviews. If you visit the G8 boards, they have been raving over our bushings for years, the popularity just hasn't quite reached critical mass on the Camaro boards yet! No reason to wait though!
BMR guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:46 AM   #13
gHoSt437

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS
I'm going to do the same in about a month when I drop the rear end out to do my gear and axel upgrade. Though mines a daily driver so leaning toward the street version, but I'll see. Installed Hotchkis springs/sway bars, and Pfadt trailing arms which is the only suspension work I've done so far.
gHoSt437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:21 PM   #14
jsharp

Cincy Speed Diff removal tool

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...33#post2429133

Tags
bmr, bmr fabrication