Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 03:14 PM   #1
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Joe Pa ............. Thoughts........

"It is one of the great sorrows of my life. With the benefit of hindsight, I wish I had done more." - Joe Paterno

The more I read the more disgusted I become. Joe does not talk like someone who had limited knowlege of what went on. But he knew what had happened in at least the one case.

Just wanted to seperate this topic from the sports and college football threads. Seems odd to talk BCS and child rape at the same time.

The key to the whole Joe Pa part, to me, is that Sandusky was allowed to keep coming to the facility. Joe never called the cops which is one thing. But to see him still freely having access to the school after knowing what had been done is just bizzar...................
Old 11-09-2011, 03:22 PM   #2
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
I personally think that if Joe reported it to the athletic director, then he did his job. The athletic director should be the one to get roasted, not Joe. It's not his place to go to the cops, as I'm sure there are procedures to follow in these circumstances.

Now he could have checked up on it and if nothing had been done, threatened to tell the police-- but again I don't see why he is getting roasted here.

JMO. Maybe I'm missing something.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
Old 11-09-2011, 03:28 PM   #3
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Worst part is the University knew and just made a rule to no longer allow under age kids on campus like that. They didn't care what he was doing, only that he did it there.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:38 PM   #4
PQ
Booooosted.

Having tried my best to give him the benefit of doubt, I put myself in his shoes. (assuming I'm 74 years old the way he was when he first found out what was going on. My age now I go to the shower and Sandusky doesn't leave til the copos get there or he beats my ass) An assistant just came to me and told me he saw Sandusky with a naked kid in the shower having sex do I report it to my boss and forget about it? Even watch Sandusky show up with other kids later? And just assume nothing is wrong?

Sorry. I go to the cops. He was 74 years old so he couldn't open up a can of beat down but for him to just pass the word along the chin of command is ludicrous. And so he must have been really convicing for NOTHING to have happened. The message stopped somewhere. And EVERYONE at that school from the eye witness to the last one told about it is equaly culpible in my eyes.

Again, we aren't talking about a dui cover-up, or paying players here.... children were RAPED. That word is just as hideous and vile and evil to me now as it was the first time I ever heard it and knew what it meant. Maybe it became mainstream and easy to hear down the line. But it's RAPE. And they were children.

Ugh..................

You don't just go to your boss and say...... 'Here's the budget for July, we gave 32 scholarships and have a few MRI's to complete, the feild crew needs to look at that sprinklerhead sticking up, a kid was raped in the shower, and and cancel me press conference I need to look at some game film from Saturday.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:46 PM   #5
YO-EL

Drives: none
The reporting followed the chain of command, but Paterno NEVER questioned WHY Sandusky was STILL on the staff years after it was reported.

C'mon, your closest hand picked top assistant coach was reported for sexual abuse on a child, and a year, two three down the road, he's still there and you never ONCE question or ask what ever became of it?

No way....

Its a complete cover up..
University police were never contacted, the University President & Athletic Director did their own "in house investigation" with no other authorities being notified?

Cover up.. Swept under the rug.... Shame on all of them..
Old 11-09-2011, 03:57 PM   #6
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Big Ten is dead.

SEC will soon follow (their shenanigans are no less than what the Big Ten is getting 'found out' on, even though the NCAA probably knew about this Penn situation for YEARS).

Then probably Pac 10 or Big 12..
Old 11-09-2011, 04:02 PM   #7
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
Big Ten is dead.

SEC will soon follow (their shenanigans are no less than what the Big Ten is getting 'found out' on, even though the NCAA probably knew about this Penn situation for YEARS).
Old 11-09-2011, 04:07 PM   #8
Wantconvertible

Drives: 2011 SS/RS VERT
He should have called the cops,
Old 11-09-2011, 04:19 PM   #9
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Old 11-09-2011, 04:30 PM   #10
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
The all mighty dollar can get you out of anything...

Rich dudes don't live by the same rules as the rest of us. They know they can get away with it. Why turn the organization upside down? That would have been millions lost to the University. Just look the other way and cover it all up! Sick...
Old 11-09-2011, 04:38 PM   #11
Wantconvertible

If it was your child you would want it to to told ,its called an investagation
Old 11-09-2011, 04:41 PM   #12
Zeaux6

Drives: 2011 Convertible RS/SS
What specifics he knew about (or not) does not excuse him from ensuring something is done. Why he never followed up with his superiors especially after seeing that Sandusky was still around is criminal in my opinion. Put your own child in that position and question what was an obligation on Paterno's part. It is pretty easy to see since I have three kids.

Separate the football godlike image of Paterno from him just being a person with moral obligations to question when something does not seem right. In my opinion he is just as culpable.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:44 PM   #13
Wantconvertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeaux6 View Post
What specifics he knew about (or not) does not excuse him from ensuring something is done. Why he never followed up with his superiors especially after seeing that Sandusky was still around is criminal in my opinion. Put your own child in that position and question what was an obligation on Paterno's part. It is pretty easy to see since I have three kids.

Separate the football godlike image of Paterno from him just being a person with moral obligations to question when something does not seem right. In my opinion he is just as culpable.
Agree :(
Old 11-09-2011, 04:44 PM   #14
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Hmmmm I knew my post was not going to come across like I wanted it to....

I am in no way defending him.
Closed Thread