Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 09-18-2013, 11:48 AM   #1
seanjhon

Drives: 2013 camaro
BLUEBIRD

Name:  Now.jpg
Views: 940
Size:  35.7 KB[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]Dont know where to really start, but I guess I will start by introducing myself. My name is Todd and I just picked up a wonderful camaro, and I must say, BY FAR, the best car that I have owned!!!

Updated Intro!!

Wanted to bring everyone up to speed on my newly updated project. As formally known as bluebird, I changed this thread to project ZS1.

The inspiration from the new project came from me owning this V6 camaro. I hear in some cases that a lot of guys/gals get a lot of flack for owning a v6 but I by no means am ashamed for my purchase. This was my very first BRAND NEW car that I ever owned and I am happy. Comming from a V8, when I got this I was totally happy. I had the option to get a v8 but opted for this for personal reasons.

The inspiration behind project "ZS1" was an Idea that a standard car can be the dream car that anybody wanted inspired by the wonderful ZL1. I felt that I can ''make'' my car what I want, and in doing so I can create the feeling that its my personal car, and 2, I can create something luxurious just like the top of the line models that are offered, just for me. I want to do most of the work myself so that I can truly say I created something.

I plan to build very nice looking vehicle that provides some upgraded luxuries to ultimately give me a great feeling.

I have not attended any car shows so far and want to do so when the project is completed. I plan on attending for my first show sturgis camaro rally 2015 which I hope she will be completed by then. If I can get her done sooner I will attend more local shows, but i will be sure to take lots of pictures then and keep everyone updated.

I wanted to create my personal brand of car which include all the things about the camaro I wanted, with a touch of my own personal taste. This is why in my build you will see most of the modifications either done by me, or done with my goal and dream in mind. So I hope you enjoy my builds, and I hope you like my modifications that I create, and hopefully by the end, you can appreciate my work and my dream; and most importantly, my goal I had in mind for the build of my car.

Thank you.

EXTERIOR MODS

Blacked out tail light covers
Blacked out chevy rear trunk emblem
Aftermarket Projector Headlights/halos
Fogs Lights
5000k LED DRL
5000K Headlight HID KIT
5000K Fog Light Bulbs
ZL1 Front Fascia
Zl1 style spoiler
blue ZL1/fog light bulbs
ZS1 emblem (replaces ZL1 badge)
ZS1 Rear trunk emblem
Blue Grille lighting
Black 10 spoke Replica 20X9 ZL1 Rims
Camaro Club Decal
ZL1 FENDER LINERS
Custom DIY 'Flowtie'
Switchback signal lights
XTREME RACING front splash Guards
ZL1 rear splash guards
Big Worm Graphix tinted side markers
Heat extractor and drip tray
Engine wire cover

INTERIOR MODS

Todd Wells Edition emblem badge located by keyhole.
CAMARO emblem located above glove box
2 ON/OFF switches which allows me to operate my grill lights and halos.
DIY painted 4 pack gauge cluster with harness from Gen5DIY
Zl1 automatic pedal covers
ZL1 Steering Wheel
ZL1 Shift knob
ZL1 Shift boot
Carbon Fiber Wrapped trim pieces/Door Inserts
Blue footwell lighting
GOBO Camaro door projector lights

ENGINE MODS

Elite Engineering Catch Can
Vitesse Throttle Controller
Cold Air Inductions CAI.

SUSPENSION/BRAKES

ZL1 LOWERING SPRING
SS BRAKE UPGRADE/ PAINTED CALIPERS/RED WITH HIGH HEAT DECALS
RUSSELL STAINLESS STEELE BRAKE LINES

DIY Painted strut tower brace (Black) with custom decals which state ''REMEMBER THE BUSTER" in remembrance to Paul Walker who passed away.

FUTURE MODS:

UPGRADED SUSPENSION
CUSTOM CARBON FIBER INTERIOR
WINDOW TINT
CUSTOMIZED ENGINE COVER (FINISHING THAT UP SOON)
ENGINE DRESS UP KIT
UPGRADED EXHAUST

Last edited by seanjhon; 04-12-2017 at 12:50 AM. Reason: REVISION
seanjhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:52 AM   #2
seanjhon

So first thing I went and did was get some halo style lights for her and installed some grill lights as well as some fogs!!!! Sorry guys lost all pics of the breakdown and install after switching phones but I DO have the finished product!!!!!! I installed the halos and the grill lights so that I have a switch for both and I can turn them on and off whenever I want.

For all those people that are trying this, I wired them so that they are powered up in the fuse box under the hood. I did not splice anything. Sam Yesuratnam I must give credit to as he helped me install and wire everything. There is also a small little hole behind the engine in the far right corner that you can feed the wire through which you could run it through to the fuse box from the switches inside. You will have to pull back some of the carpet lining, but you can see the little hole and even feel it. I also would recommend using all factory wire connectors and wire covers as well. GM uses Delco weatherpack connectors for the wiring connectors and that is what I used. They provide great protection and are highly reliable. I also used a soldering tool to solder together whenever I needed.

I purchased the halos from here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-2011-CH...item4608bb81a4 and the sellers name is Sabersport

For the fogs I bought the DRL harness from Gen5DIY here http://www.gen5diy.com/PnP_harnesses...oglamp-harness

and I purchased the fog lights online as well here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Smoked-Subur...item43bc8f1a31
Attached Images

Last edited by seanjhon; 09-18-2013 at 12:15 PM. Reason: more info
Old 09-18-2013, 12:28 PM   #3
seanjhon

]So the next mod I did was a blackout of the front, side, and rear emblems of the camaro. I used black plastidip for that job. Actually came out great.
Attached Images

Old 09-19-2013, 08:58 AM   #4
seanjhon

Next I wanted to get rid of those annoying yellow fog light, so I switched them with size 5202 6000k LED lights. I ran into a problem though, the LED was fatter than the hole in the fog light allowed. So i had to go to home depot and get a cutting drill bit to widen the hole so the LED could fit.

But overall came out great!!! There are before (yellowish fogs) and after (blue lightish tint). Next up with the lights need to get some HID's and some interior footwell and dome lighting.

You can get the fog lights here: (not same seller as mine, mine was dt moto)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/07-12-SUBURB...4f177b&vxp=mtr

Got the bezels online too ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-2013-Ca...9349ed&vxp=mtr
Attached Images

Last edited by seanjhon; 09-19-2013 at 09:08 AM. Reason: ADD INFO
Old 09-19-2013, 09:25 AM   #5
seanjhon

Next up was the catch can install. I know i am late in getting it in, but better late than never, as i hear that this is an important addition that needs to go on the car for obvious reason. I ordered a elite engineering from Tyler @ JDP motorsports. Great price, great service from JDP and great product!!!!!

About two weeks later I popped the can open and saw a little of the gunk that gets sprayed in your car...smh!! Thank G*D for catch cans
Attached Images

Old 12-10-2013, 11:01 AM   #6
seanjhon

Just a snapshot of me and a mentor of mine going on cruise
Attached Images

Old 12-10-2013, 11:03 AM   #7
seanjhon

next up, wanted to get rid of those orange turn signal lights, so got some switchbacks installed. Got them from iJDMTOY.COM
Attached Images

Old 12-10-2013, 11:09 AM   #8
seanjhon

So just giving you guys a teaser of what is going on next
Attached Images

Old 12-10-2013, 12:06 PM   #9
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13

Drives: 2011 SS/RS Blown & Cammed LS3
very cool, welcome to the club and mod on my friend
Old 12-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #10
seanjhon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behic2320 View Post
very cool, welcome to the club and mod on my friend
thanks buddy, this has become a serious addiction...I can only aspire to get to your level of mods
Old 12-20-2013, 11:31 AM   #11
seanjhon

Nest up, wanted to make things a little bit more personal so I came up with this.... A custom Emblem courtesy of emblempros. Wanted this car to be ''my edition'' haha Goes by your ignition key area where it is blank. Says 2013 chevrolet camaro Todd Wells Edition.
Attached Images

Old 12-20-2013, 11:32 AM   #12
seanjhon

Also added the camaro fender emblems inside to give it a more custom look. Its a pretty common mod, so maybe after while Ill figure out something to do with the dash.
Attached Images

Old 12-20-2013, 11:36 AM   #13
seanjhon

*****UPDATE*****

IFinished and she is painted...Love the new look!!!!
Attached Images

Last edited by seanjhon; 12-20-2013 at 01:39 PM.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:43 AM   #14
seanjhon

Also been working on my custom plenum. My lady is good with her hands , so i let her do some of the straight line drilling and craftmanship for the plenum. Been working on this for a while, but Ill finish for sure here soon. But here is progress so far.
Attached Images