Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 09-26-2011, 09:04 PM   #3809
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
glad to see things are going your way...rpm and rossler are great companies, but i like to give the hard working guy a chance , and jake has a great reputation thru the forum websites i searched...i thought the pricing was excellent and felt good with him...also i like the personal touch i get when dealing with them...i originally sent mike a email off there website and told him of my build and he came back with a stage 2.5, and did not try to push me up for anything higher...i then called about a month later and mike still had my email , also remembered the entire email and we never even spoke once...after telling him what i was lookin to do and how i wanted a 70/30 driver ...we came up with the stage 4 and he gave me free shipping and some other things..he sent over the cam spec sheet for the stall and followed up by phone and even emailed me on his wifes bday{off work} to let me know everything was getting ordered.chris{ diet coke} also bght a stage 2 from jake aka jakeshoe on various forum boards...maybe some of my karma rubbed off..lol..good luck bruce and you can still throw the firebird in the convoy,, might have to rebadge it..lol..camarobird..
Old 09-26-2011, 09:28 PM   #3810
G200 Pilot
G200 Pilot

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS purchased 5/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
won,t eve tell you what almost happen...glad i did not go get engine...while they were crating up motor, they realized that it had a 24 tooth reluctor wheel and called me to see if i was swapping computer...i said no...there gonna have to tear it down and install the 58 reluctor wheel and ls3 sensor...i read that it hadf the 24 , but slipped my mind...would of sucked to go thru install and then have no juice...karma, someone,s lookin out for me...i keep coming over to bruce,s trhread and maybe some of my karma will rub off..lol..almost 9pm , bruce, have any luck today?..fill us in...
That's exactly what jarpxxii went thru... Oh boy!!
Old 09-26-2011, 09:29 PM   #3811
mikepage0007

Release time while data logging is .062 seconds so far. It should get faster when we calibrate the trans internally for the brake and use an actual button to set/release instead of the laptop....jakes video of transbrake ..
Old 09-27-2011, 06:10 AM   #3812
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
I believe with your centri, it's a case of at idle, or just off idle, it's creating enough boost to exceed the boost settings and it has to vent off the extra pressure...

Under full throttle, your flowing more air and it will close off until the boost setting is reached and then it will vent again... Under part throttle, at verying RPM's, it will open and close as it vents off extra boost... Corey had one in the shop recently that at idle it was venting all the time, and as soon as he jumped on it on the dyno, it would close until it caught up with the full throttle demands and then vent off and on as needed...

In B's case, at part throttle, those Great Big turbo's are making enough boost for them to exceed the boost levels at varying RPM's.. Under full throttle as the boost controller does it's job, this will probably disappear until high RPM's are reached and then it might vent, but this thing is built for such high boost... Wow, I bet that thing is loud as heck if you jump on it and then get out of it suddenly and those BOV's pop open... Mine is loud at 12 lbs of boost, I couldnt imagine what his sound like at 30+ lb's of boost... PPPSSSSHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
That answers my question

So a blow off valve takes boost created that's not needed and allows it to escape....is that right?
Old 09-27-2011, 09:41 AM   #3813
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
Release time while data logging is .062 seconds so far. It should get faster when we calibrate the trans internally for the brake and use an actual button to set/release instead of the laptop....jakes video of transbrake ..
Cool clip of the transbrake release. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
That answers my question

So a blow off valve takes boost created that's not needed and allows it to escape....is that right?
Pretty much. But it is not just that the motor doesn't need it, it is more to keep from forcing air against the throttle blades and/or not allowing the compressor to have to absorb that energy.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:15 PM   #3814
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by G200 Pilot View Post
That's exactly what jarpxxii went thru... Oh boy!!
Its amazing at all the things that can go wrong during a build. I learned the hard way to never go with a shop because you got a good deal. Best advice ever, to everyone, find a shop that has a great reputation, talk to them before you ever send them your car and make sure you are comfortable with their feedback. I personally found Cincy Speed to complete my build and they are absolutely AMAZING guys and care about my car as much as I do and thats rare. My car is finally done and heading to the track Friday for the first time and hopefully we can get it dialed in enough to make some impressive runs at Indy for LSX Shootout. Bruce is the only person I know who has waited longer for his car than me. Im sure both of our cars will be well worth the wait when they are finally finished tested and tuned.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:02 PM   #3815
Gotthat02fire

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss IOM
Can't agree more with that 2 awesome builds with lots of headaches along the way!!!! Can't wait to see both your runs when the time gets here!!!! Good luck J try not to piss off to many racers at the track on friday!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpxxii View Post
Its amazing at all the things that can go wrong during a build. I learned the hard way to never go with a shop because you got a good deal. Best advice ever, to everyone, find a shop that has a great reputation, talk to them before you ever send them your car and make sure you are comfortable with their feedback. I personally found Cincy Speed to complete my build and they are absolutely AMAZING guys and care about my car as much as I do and thats rare. My car is finally done and heading to the track Friday for the first time and hopefully we can get it dialed in enough to make some impressive runs at Indy for LSX Shootout. Bruce is the only person I know who has waited longer for his car than me. Im sure both of our cars will be well worth the wait when they are finally finished tested and tuned.

Gotthat02fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:23 PM   #3816
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Agree and glad that you found such a great shop that you are so happy with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotthat02fire View Post
Can't agree more with that 2 awesome builds with lots of headaches along the way!!!! Can't wait to see both your runs when the time gets here!!!! Good luck J try not to piss off to many racers at the track on friday!!!!!
Thanks for the support !

With regards to J, you have that one right. Would love to see J kick some butt at the LSX shootout. That would be the BEST !!!
Old 09-27-2011, 09:02 PM   #3817
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:04 PM   #3818
jrpxxii

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
thats funny
Old 09-27-2011, 09:09 PM   #3819
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
jrpxxii-

I may try to get to Indy for the LSX shootout if I know you're going to race! Do you know when you will be racing?
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:47 PM   #3820
jrpxxii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
jrpxxii-

I may try to get to Indy for the LSX shootout if I know you're going to race! Do you know when you will be racing?
I am arriving Friday and staying thru Sunday. I am going to be racing the 5th gen class and true street class. Cincy Speed is bringing my car over to Indy for me and meeting me there and Craig from Xtreme Innovations which is who did my cage and suspension is also meeting us there. My car will everyday as Friday is 1st qualifying then Saturday is another qualifier and heads up and Sunday is finals. We are all staying at the Hilton Garden Inn by the airport across the street from the host hotel as it is already full. You should definitely come on over to Indy as it is going to be a blast no matter what and I would love to meet you in person.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:05 PM   #3821
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
I am arriving Friday and staying thru Sunday. I am going to be racing the 5th gen class and true street class. Cincy Speed is bringing my car over to Indy for me and meeting me there and Craig from Xtreme Innovations which is who did my cage and suspension is also meeting us there. My car will everyday as Friday is 1st qualifying then Saturday is another qualifier and heads up and Sunday is finals. We are all staying at the Hilton Garden Inn by the airport across the street from the host hotel as it is already full. You should definitely come on over to Indy as it is going to be a blast no matter what and I would love to meet you in person.
Good luck at the Shootout bro...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:28 AM   #3822
mikepage0007

very quiet in here..

Tags
engine psi > tire psi, f5....., holy crap!, horsepower, omgwtfbbqsaucepowa!!!, speedster, sst, turbo