Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 08-14-2011, 07:20 PM   #57
BubbaSS
WHAT RED LIGHT?!

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
You might be seeing things, the track wasn't wet and both of the 1500hp Supras had no problems launching on the surface.
I disagree
2011 2SS/RS M6 BLACK - VARARAM NO TUNE INTAKE, MODDED AND PORTED TB, PORTED INTAKE MANIFOLD, VITESSE THROTTLE CONTROLLER, DOUG THORLEY LT'S, CATLESS, X-PIPE, 25" STAINLESS WORKS RETRO CHAMBERED MUFFLERS, CUSTOM 2.5" MANDREL BENT EXHAUST, RICHMOND 4.10 GEARS, CUSTOM CAM (231/242 @ 114LSA), MUSTANG DYNO TUNED BY TORQ, 20% CERAMIC TINTS, EIBACH PROKIT SPRINGS 1" DROP, HAWK PERFORMANCE CERAMIC BRAKES, NITTO INVO TIRES, HYDROCARBON TAIL LIGHT AND FOG LIGHT BEZELS BY EMBLEMPROS, METRA DASH KIT, JVC KW-AV71BT, PHOENIX GOLD iAMP GM1, PASSPORT QI45 - 450 RWHP 415 RWTQ
BubbaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:39 PM   #58
mike25

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
You might be seeing things, the track wasn't wet and both of the 1500hp Supras had no problems launching on the surface.
id have to agree..a combination of burnt rubber/ heat make the track look wet, and if you look real hard when watching, you can see the immediate downward shot of steam/ spray or whatever that is..if it were water it would be spiraling off the tire.
2LT/RS M6 CGM VIN#53104 SOLD

2012 Black 2SS/RS w/ Hurst-

Mods:
Corsa catback, SSE, Vararam
mike25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:52 PM   #59
BubbaSS
WHAT RED LIGHT?!

Hey Mike25, you are absolutely right...BigDan I guess you are too, I just don't need to be knocked for asking a question
2011 2SS/RS M6 BLACK - VARARAM NO TUNE INTAKE, MODDED AND PORTED TB, PORTED INTAKE MANIFOLD, VITESSE THROTTLE CONTROLLER, DOUG THORLEY LT'S, CATLESS, X-PIPE, 25" STAINLESS WORKS RETRO CHAMBERED MUFFLERS, CUSTOM 2.5" MANDREL BENT EXHAUST, RICHMOND 4.10 GEARS, CUSTOM CAM (231/242 @ 114LSA), MUSTANG DYNO TUNED BY TORQ, 20% CERAMIC TINTS, EIBACH PROKIT SPRINGS 1" DROP, HAWK PERFORMANCE CERAMIC BRAKES, NITTO INVO TIRES, HYDROCARBON TAIL LIGHT AND FOG LIGHT BEZELS BY EMBLEMPROS, METRA DASH KIT, JVC KW-AV71BT, PHOENIX GOLD iAMP GM1, PASSPORT QI45 - 450 RWHP 415 RWTQ
Old 08-14-2011, 09:17 PM   #60
BigDan

Drives: bug
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaSS View Post
Hey Mike25, you are absolutely right...BigDan I guess you are too, I just don't need to be knocked for asking a question
Of course you dont, I hope you didn't take my reply's the wrong way.
BigDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:25 PM   #61
mike25

Quote:
Of course you dont, I hope you didn't take my reply's the wrong way.
same here bubba- i was just interested when i saw you guys debating. I too, at first thought it was just water.

Mods:
Old 08-14-2011, 11:11 PM   #62
BubbaSS
WHAT RED LIGHT?!

my bad then
Old 08-19-2011, 12:43 AM   #63
J@RDAudio

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 1995 Supra TT
the MKIV Supras are my favorite Imports. I happen to have a 95 sitting in Arlington TX at the moment. Laid down 737 on the old turbos, just upgraded turbos, 1000cc injectors, and full stand alone EMS. looking for 850whp this go round. car has 72xxx miles at the moment.
J@RDAudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:47 AM   #64
briancb1

Drives: C6 Z06
Slightly off topic but just another example of how a turbo made the car what it is...

DSM's
Grand Nationals
WRX/STI's
Supra's
SVO Mustang (only including the 4 cyl mustang of that era)
________ (fill in this blank for one's I'm missing)

Think non turboed version of any-of-those-cars were the "hot ticket?"

Non turboed/Lancers are basically Honda Civic's, 87 non turboed buicks are used for hopping/"being gangsta", and very few people in the racing scene were into suburu's N/A roots back when Paul Hogan was pushing the "Outback" and impreza counter parts. 4 cyl mustangs were for girls.

None of these cars were impressive untill the turbo was offered. Try to build any of the NA model's up for good power, waste of money IMO. The motor didn't have the potential in NA form.

The Video - Cool but at the same time unimpressive IMO. Wow a car with 50+PSI and nitrous, I would expect it to make ungodly #'s. Top-Fuel is impressive simply because they are pretty much a bomb and shake the ground and bleachers with thousands of people weighing it down.

OP - You will probably lose, weight is a bitch.

Just "figure out" who's faster, no need for 3 pages and half of it a lecture on racism. If small stuff like that hurts your feelings then how do you feel about more important things, like how our economy is going to shit and somehow we elected clowns for officials. Rant off lol.
briancb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 02:36 AM   #65
BigDan

Drives: bug
Quote:
Originally Posted by briancb1 View Post
Slightly off topic but just another example of how a turbo made the car what it is...

DSM's
Grand Nationals
WRX/STI's
Supra's

Non turboed/Lancers are basically Honda Civic's, 87 non turboed buicks are used for hopping/"being gangsta", and very few people in the racing scene were into suburu's N/A roots back when Paul Hogan was pushing the "Outback" and impreza counter parts. 4 cyl mustangs were for girls.

None of these cars were impressive untill the turbo was offered. Try to build any of the NA model's up for good power, waste of money IMO. The motor didn't have the potential in NA form.

I love factory turbo vehicles, my 86 4Runner Turbo was cool but not designed to be modded like the cars above. Turbo diesel are also the shit, I cant believe Chevy and Ford even bothered with NA diesels.

More Turbo models that have almost zero NA following now day's. One exception to the list is the NA Supra/ SC300

Coblat SS
SRT-4
3000GT/ Stealth
300ZX
Typhoon/Syclone
BigDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 06:30 PM   #66
Camaroirocz
BadMeanIROCZ

Drives: IROC-Z28 Camaro
All I got to say on this one is even if a car is lighter and it has less horsepower, and it's competition is heavier but has more horsepower, the heavier car can still win, even kill a lighter car really bad. It's hard to say without seeing both cars up close in person and knowing all there is to know about them. Stock for stock though, I think the Camaro will win at the end.

Camaro IROC-Z28 350 L98; Not stock.

Camaroirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:09 PM   #67
TiE2000

Drives: Cobalt SS/SC
Quote:
Coblat SS

^^what i'm driving till I can afford a Camaro SS^^ I'm not the Turbo, but I am SuperCharged... and I'll give that MK3 supra a run for his money... Show him that the bowetie can do small displacment and big boost just as good as the Japanese. Though if he's stock... would not be a fair battle... as I'm fully bolted and running methonal.

I run low 13's at Badimere, here in Denver... that would be low 12's at sea level. not too shabby for a FWD
TiE2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 03:20 PM   #68
C586
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiE2000 View Post

^^what i'm driving till I can afford a Camaro SS^^ I'm not the Turbo, but I am SuperCharged... and I'll give that MK3 supra a run for his money... Show him that the bowetie can do small displacment and big boost just as good as the Japanese. Though if he's stock... would not be a fair battle... as I'm fully bolted and running methonal.

I run low 13's at Badimere, here in Denver... that would be low 12's at sea level. not too shabby for a FWD
Its still fwd.... id much rather have the supra. You may give that particular supra a run. A properly built supra would destroy you. With nothing but some tuning and a new turbo. My roommate had a cobalt ss that was Supercharged. I have driven the car to 13.03 but he hasn't broken 14s with it. It is a very boring noisy uncomfortable car. Very cheaply made. Ya can't take a throwaway car and make it a sports car. A srt4 neon is even better made interior quality wise. And the supra is more fun to drive and doesn't look like u borrowed ur sisters car.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:11 PM   #69
mike25

Quote:
Originally Posted by C586 View Post
Its still fwd.... id much rather have the supra. You may give that particular supra a run. A properly built supra would destroy you. With nothing but some tuning and a new turbo. My roommate had a cobalt ss that was Supercharged. I have driven the car to 13.03 but he hasn't broken 14s with it. It is a very boring noisy uncomfortable car. Very cheaply made. Ya can't take a throwaway car and make it a sports car. A srt4 neon is even better made interior quality wise. And the supra is more fun to drive and doesn't look like u borrowed ur sisters car.

Mods:
Old 08-21-2011, 06:25 PM   #70
dragon2368
Dragon2368

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by briancb1 View Post

DSM's
Grand Nationals
WRX/STI's
Supra's

The Video - Cool but at the same time unimpressive IMO. Wow a car with 50+PSI and nitrous, I would expect it to make ungodly #'s. Top-Fuel is impressive simply because they are pretty much a bomb and shake the ground and bleachers with thousands of people weighing it down.

OP - You will probably lose, weight is a bitch.

Just "figure out" who's faster, no need for 3 pages and half of it a lecture on racism. If small stuff like that hurts your feelings then how do you feel about more important things, like how our economy is going to shit and somehow we elected clowns for officials. Rant off lol.

What is the curb weight of a supra?? I think you may be surprised........
dragon2368 is offline   Reply With Quote