Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-18-2013, 12:16 PM   #15
NYJets77

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Summit White
While it probably doesn't have a huge impact on air temp since it's such a small area of the intake manifold, it certainly can't hurt to get it off of the engine.

I have a question about this. Having moved from a 2011 LLT to a 2013 LFX, It seems the engine compartment is way hotter and for longer on the LFX. Anyone know if this is true, and by how much? And if it is true, wouldn't that drive up the temp of the lower IM?
NYJets77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:46 PM   #16
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets77 View Post
While it probably doesn't have a huge impact on air temp since it's such a small area of the intake manifold, it certainly can't hurt to get it off of the engine.

I have a question about this. Having moved from a 2011 LLT to a 2013 LFX, It seems the engine compartment is way hotter and for longer on the LFX. Anyone know if this is true, and by how much? And if it is true, wouldn't that drive up the temp of the lower IM?
I really can't say myself as I haven't had the chance to play with a 2010-11 LLT car... If it is true, I would doubt that the ambient air in the engine compartment would have a big effect on the lower portion of the intake as it's sitting on the engine and the engine is probably way hotter than the air (that's hopefully circulating from movement) around it.

I have scheduled dyno time for the 3rd, I will be testing the stock LFX manifold by itself, the LFX manifold w/ a 1" Extendolator, and If you haven't been following the Adaptolator thread in the LLT section, I have successfully mounted and am currently running an LLT intake manifold on the LFX engine via The Adaptolator. I will also by dyno testing that.

Also, if you guys REALLY wanted, I could make a 2nd piece (optional) to the Extendolator that would replace the aluminum lower intake manifold piece of the LFX intake setup.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:14 PM   #17
jbrantner24

Drives: 2013 Camaro LS M6
I would imagine that it will be pretty close to this?

http://www.maceengineering.com.au/ep...Products/MI628

K&N intake, Resonated X-pipe w/muffler delete, Trifecta Tune, rashes up sport muscle tachs.
jbrantner24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:30 PM   #18
Jason@JacFab

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrantner24 View Post

Huh, that's new... Yup, the 1/2" ones are probably very similar to that... A little more than I was planning to charge. Oh well...

I got the batch of 1/2" ones cut yesterday, I made a few changes. Made the port holes matched to the Ports, rather than the gasket. They also have provisions to actually fit the gaskets, so you won't have to cut the alignment cones, or sand the nubs off the bottom of the gaskets if you wish to use 2 gaskets for the install. Pics later today.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:41 PM   #19
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrantner24 View Post

Wow that is new.

I can't believe that MACE isn't on here promoting them....they are still a vendor aren't they?

If I had an LFX, I'd be all over it....assuming it works successfully like the LLT version does.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:44 PM   #20
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Got this thought after my last post, but I hope someone on here has a stock or very near stock LFX dyno, and then does intake, cats, exhaust, ported LFX intake, and insulator on their car with a CUSTOM tune (like from FSP).

I'm thinking it would beat a fully bolted on LLT with headers and that would be awesome. 360 - 370 HP LFX perhaps?
Old 07-24-2013, 05:49 PM   #21
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:37 PM   #22
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
A little more than I was planning to charge. Oh well...
Are their prices in Australian dollars?
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:07 PM   #23
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911medic View Post
Are their prices in Australian dollars?
Hope that's a mistake because it does have a $ sign and last I check that means US currency. If it's right and they are 150 thats a little steep
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:24 PM   #24
Jason@JacFab

Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
Hope that's a mistake because it does have a $ sign and last I check that means US currency. If it's right and they are 150 thats a little steep
That's about the going rate for these... The Vmax LLT ICEolator is $150, and it's only 3/8" thick. At least on the LLT these "isolators" show quite a nice gain for the money, no one has any "proven" numbers yet for the LFX that I can find, only speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Wow that is new.

I can't believe that MACE isn't on here promoting them....they are still a vendor aren't they?

If I had an LFX, I'd be all over it....assuming it works successfully like the LLT version does.
It appears that they are not a current vendor of Camaro5... Upon digging a little deeper it seems they have listed both the isolator "to suit" the VE Commodore LLT, and the Camaro LLT separately... Not sure why, none of my business really... I would assume it is the same part? Perhaps they don't have one "to suit" the Camaro LFX yet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Got this thought after my last post, but I hope someone on here has a stock or very near stock LFX dyno, and then does intake, cats, exhaust, ported LFX intake, and insulator on their car with a CUSTOM tune (like from FSP).

I'm thinking it would beat a fully bolted on LLT with headers and that would be awesome. 360 - 370 HP LFX perhaps?
Would be nice if someone did... Personally, I'll go as far as I can without a tune before it's absolutely necessary. I will have the bone-stock dyno on the 3rd, along with the others I've mentioned... In the near future, I'll basically everything but a tune, as long as it appears to stay on the safe side, but as of yet, I have not installed my wide band on the car, but I will before I think I'm getting too crazy.

Last edited by Jason@JacFab; 07-24-2013 at 07:47 PM.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:00 PM   #25
Airmaster
Go Gators!

Drives: Camaro Jeep Abarth 944 325i
Just a quick question, have you gotten back to the PMs yet? Have you already found enough volunteers?

Suspension Mods: BMR and JPSS Sways, BMR Poly Bushings, BMR strut tower brace, BMR control arms, BMR toe arms, stock springs and struts
Engine Mods: All bolt ons (haha)
Brake Mods: Brembo SS caliper swap front and rear
Airmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:37 PM   #26
Jason@JacFab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmaster View Post
Just a quick question, have you gotten back to the PMs yet? Have you already found enough volunteers?
Yes, I have 2 people that will be testing the 1/2", and 2 that will be testing the 1"
Old 07-24-2013, 10:04 PM   #27
Airmaster
Go Gators!

Drives: Camaro Jeep Abarth 944 325i
Darn, I PM'd you the day this thread was made, guess I was too late :/

Suspension Mods: BMR and JPSS Sways, BMR Poly Bushings, BMR strut tower brace, BMR control arms, BMR toe arms, stock springs and struts
Engine Mods: All bolt ons (haha)
Brake Mods: Brembo SS caliper swap front and rear
Airmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:41 AM   #28
Jason@JacFab

Couple pics of the current setup.
Attached Images