Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Local Marketplace

Old 06-07-2013, 06:41 PM   #155
cottrellj2
Blue Ray SCPO

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Anyone ever use CCC Motorsports? They quoted me a good price (and a military discount) I just can't find much info on the shop. They hosted a mustang madness super show in May for Wounded Warriors, so I want to give them a try. The shop is located in Santee.

http://cccmotorsports.com/

Last edited by cottrellj2; 06-07-2013 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Needed more information
cottrellj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:01 PM   #156
CryoMan10

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Vararam Tune only version
comp cam 223/231 112lsa
Stainless headers 1 7/8
Stock H pipe no mufflers
solid subframe bushings
Hotchkiss stage 3 suspension
TSW wheels on NT05
3.91 gears
Nitrous outlet plate system.
CryoMan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:35 PM   #157
cottrellj2
Blue Ray SCPO

I couldn't find any good info on CCC Motorsports, so I am going to make the drive out to Cunningham next month. I just don't want to take a chance on a place without any good recommendations.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:49 PM   #158
MO'SZL1

Drives: 2012 Summit White ZL1
Yeah go to Cunningham well worth it one of the best .... I didn't have such a good experience with CCC motorsports
MO'SZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:10 PM   #159
CryoMan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO'SZL1 View Post
Yeah go to Cunningham well worth it one of the best .... I didn't have such a good experience with CCC motorsports
I second that, CMS is awesome.
I would like to know about first hand experiences with CCC though
I heard they have dyno days
comp cam 223/231 112lsa
Stainless headers 1 7/8
Stock H pipe no mufflers
solid subframe bushings
TSW wheels on NT05
3.91 gears
Old 07-22-2013, 11:47 AM   #160
cottrellj2
Blue Ray SCPO

CMS

Made the drive out to CMS this past Friday...

I ordered JBA shorty headers several weeks earlier. They are very busy, so if you want to check them out, make sure you call well in advance. I arrived at the shop around 0845 and they opened promptly.

Hours are 0900-1730.

The shop had a nice, relaxed atmosphere. I got to listen to them move some cars out of the shop and run a dyno on a CTS-V. There is a pretty good Mexican food restaurant about 2 blocks away (Cabo's). A strong margarita and a carne asada burrito made the wait that much more pleasant. The headers went in quick and Ryne (owner) was running the dyno pretty much non-stop. Music to my ears!

I got a great price and my SS has never run better (has less than 6K on it, lol). I ended up with 392hp to the wheels with a K&N CAI, Apex Scoop, and the JBA shorty headers. They use a mustang dyno, and it was on the hot side in the shop, so no help there.

The thing I like the most is how every gear has more pull and transitions much more smoothly. I can stay in 6th now on the highway and pass without a downshift. 6th gear is definitely more usable. I am also loving that the skip-shift is gone without having to install an extra part (even though I had one ready to install). I will definitely come back when I am ready for a cam... and the supercharger my wife promised me if she ever gets that big promotion!

THANKS CMS!!

Last edited by cottrellj2; 07-22-2013 at 01:09 PM. Reason: typo
cottrellj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:38 PM   #161
Ryne @ CMS

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 06 C6 Z06, 15 Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by cottrellj2 View Post
Made the drive out to CMS this past Friday...

I ordered JBA shorty headers several weeks earlier. They are very busy, so if you want to check them out, make sure you call well in advance. I arrived at the shop around 0845 and they opened promptly.

Hours are 0900-1730.

The shop had a nice, relaxed atmosphere. I got to listen to them move some cars out of the shop and run a dyno on a CTS-V. There is a pretty good Mexican food restaurant about 2 blocks away (Cabo's). A strong margarita and a carne asada burrito made the wait that much more pleasant. The headers went in quick and Ryne (owner) was running the dyno pretty much non-stop. Music to my ears!

I got a great price and my SS has never run better (has less than 6K on it, lol). I ended up with 392hp to the wheels with a K&N CAI, Apex Scoop, and the JBA shorty headers. They use a mustang dyno, and it was on the hot in the shop, so no help there.

The thing I like the most is how every gear has more pull and transitions much more smoothly. I can stay in 6th now on the highway and pass without a downshift. 6th gear is definitely more usable. I am also loving that the skip-shift is gone without having to install an extra part (even though I had one ready to install). I will definitely come back when I am ready for a cam... and the supercharger my wife promised me if she ever gets that big promotion!

THANKS CMS!!
glad you're happy !! it was a pleasure to work with you
Ryne @ CMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:36 PM   #162
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Supercharged
Anyone know someone that can install a torq dual pass heat exchanger? Iv'e called 4 different shops and only 1 responded (all four were mentioned here on this thread). Thanks to stillen for responding, they seem to have less staff for muscle cars. I wanted someone to do the full install but looks like I'll be doing the full install myself with the exception of powering the optional fans. I am decent with taking stuff apart and assembling but not so much in the electrical department. If someone can help out with my electrical issue I'd greatly appreciate it. thanks.

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:38 PM   #163
CryoMan10

Call CMS
comp cam 223/231 112lsa
Stainless headers 1 7/8
Stock H pipe no mufflers
solid subframe bushings
TSW wheels on NT05
3.91 gears
Old 10-23-2013, 12:41 PM   #164
Ryne @ CMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbheat View Post
Anyone know someone that can install a torq dual pass heat exchanger? Iv'e called 4 different shops and only 1 responded (all four were mentioned here on this thread). Thanks to stillen for responding, they seem to have less staff for muscle cars. I wanted someone to do the full install but looks like I'll be doing the full install myself with the exception of powering the optional fans. I am decent with taking stuff apart and assembling but not so much in the electrical department. If someone can help out with my electrical issue I'd greatly appreciate it. thanks.
We can install it no problem.. Please me directly at ryne-cms@hotmail.com, as our website has issues getting emails to me.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:18 PM   #165
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
Haddad Motor Sports can also do the job if that closer to you..But I also Hear good things about CMS..All thou I did smoke one of there cars a few weeks ago...
Old 10-23-2013, 05:27 PM   #166
Ryne @ CMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbheat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddunerider View Post
Haddad Motor Sports can also do the job if that closer to you..But I also Hear good things about CMS..All thou I did smoke one of there cars a few weeks ago...
I don't get the point of your comment.. I would smash you in my 1le, so what are you getting at? People need to stop pitting shops against each other,
Haddad does their thing , we do ours. Leave it at that.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:16 AM   #167
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
Lol...stirring the pot!!..Relax all in fun I knew my comment would get this thread moving again..I did say I have heard good things about your shop..very fast cars come out of your shop from what I have seen
Old 10-24-2013, 11:26 AM   #168
Ryne @ CMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddunerider View Post
Lol...stirring the pot!!..Relax all in fun I knew my comment would get this thread moving again..I did say I have heard good things
Relaxed here.... Lets see how relaxed you'd be if someone was making comments about your livelihood ... People on the forum seem to forget that with us sponsors this is our livelihood. I don't consider it stirring the pot , but more of a back handed compliment. Good day sir.