Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 03-21-2008, 02:59 PM   #1
Silverado
GM Guy For Life

Drives: 2010 GMC Yukon XL
I still say this is a decent looking car....

...and, as was pointed out before, it could compete with the V-6 Camaros and Mustangs.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/03/21/f...genesis-coupe/

I probably wouldn't buy one, but I did check out a Hyundai Veracruz last fall...not bad....not bad at all...and for the price...really not bad.

If it can compete with the V-6's, more power to it...just one more import for the Camaro to beat on the streets.
Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 03:04 PM   #2
BumbleBee
Yes, I am a girl

Drives: 2006 Pontiac Vibe
It looks like it's grinning.

...second to none
BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 04:01 PM   #3
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I can see people who don't like domestics going for it for sure, and a few people who have an open mind to cars as well. It looks alright, and has good power for the price. And it has a turbo I4 for tunners . . .

Its going to be in Fast & Furious 4. Hmm. After a little looking, the movie is supposed to be muscle vs import . . . this time in Brazil. It will include a mix of classic and modern muscle (potentially including the new Camaro). And Vin Diesel will be back. I just hope they make this one less realistic than the last 3. Source the computer graphics to Need For Speed. And don't make the cars look so boring.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 04:41 PM   #4
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
I'm not a fan of the styling, but the Genesis coupe does have a heck of a lot going for it, and I consider it a serious contender.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 04:56 PM   #5
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Drives: Camaros
Variety makes the world go round. Or maybe it's the sun's gravitational pull on the earth. Either way it's cute but not for me.
z28camaro2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 06:59 PM   #6
AirGoya

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Its proportions are awkward looking.

AirGoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 07:02 PM   #7
WillInThe04Ranger

Drives: 04 Ranger, 95 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to WillInThe04Ranger
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBee View Post
It looks like it's grinning.
I thought it looked like it was gritting its teeth
Old 03-21-2008, 08:30 PM   #8
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Its ok, I dont like the shape of the rear window and becuase of this its effects on the rest of the rear of the car. That alone would keep me from buying it...

Now i found out today that the sky and solstice are RWD.. that I did not know and makes me more interested if i wanted a small car(2 seater).

Still want a camaro more though..
Old 03-22-2008, 12:42 AM   #9
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
I take great pride in being an American, so I definitely would rather have a 5th-gen than just about any other desirable car. At the same time I'm also a hardcore car-nut, and that means I have an appreciation for all things CAR regardless of country of origin. With that said I like the Hyundai a lot. I saw the concept in November last year, and I think once you see the car and are able to "feel" the utlra aggressive proportions and stance you walk away with a real appreciation for the effort Hyundai made with their first crack at a RWD sports car. However, looking at the production car I can't help but feel I've seen it before, the concept was a bit different and minus a lot of the concept's flamboyant details this car looks watered down, big time. We'll see what emotions occur if any at all when I see the production car for the first time.