Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 02-23-2014, 10:51 AM   #15
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Agreed.

None of this makes a person or shop "the best". There are a lot of great shops out there that race their cars, that are straight shooters, have great customer service, and have lots of customers with fast cars who have reported great results. To be fair, everything you mentioned is simply what every tuner out there can claim and what they all should be doing in the first place. A lot of people these days and especially on this forum seem to think that a company is "the best" when in fact they are only doing what they're supposed to be doing. Like if I walk into a bank and they greet me politely and give me great customer service, that doesn't automatically make that bank the best bank on the planet especially if thats the only bank I ever been to. Suffice to say you're extremely happy with his work and you recommend him. But to say he is the best when he is the ONLY tuner you've dealt with is a bit of an exaggeration.

BTW, I realize it wasn't you who said he is the best. And I realize that palmerga said he "heard he's about the best". But still, just addressing the statement and also answering your question to Mikey.
Thank you.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 11:13 AM   #16
camaro500

Drives: 2017 Jaguar F Type R Tuned 498awhp
Guys lets put this in perspective;
He has tuned and worked on thousands of camaros and corvettes and has built many 800-1000 whp cars that run very strong and the track numbers are there to back this up. If you have 2-3 people who have had a bad experience or bad luck then you are looking at over a 99% satisfaction rate. That is extremely high for any industry standards. Even if he had a 95% lets put that into perspective. Are all of you happy with your home renovations, your painters, your plumbers, your electricians. Come on people, we all make mistakes.
There are clearly other excellent builders/tuners out there. Nearly every state has multiple great people working on cars. This should be expected!
I have been to jannetty racing, spoken over the phone and through emails with ted and his team and only have great things to say about my experience.
I am sure his intentions towards every customer are top notch and that he absolutely wants things to go well for them.
With the internet and various forums it is easy to get destroyed.
Everybody makes mistakes and we all know about the few cases on this thread that were clearly mistakes.
Lets not forget that the car he built, ran the fastest quarter mile time on stock displacement.
I have followed the threads closely and we can never know for sure what was discussed and done between both parties because it wasn't recorded or video taped.
camaro500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 01:43 PM   #17
ZO6 Bryan

Drives: 02 Z06, 95 Trans Am, 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
How about he's really good. And here is some of why.

Talk to him. That's seriously a start. He's a straight shooter. He actually races. He took his ZL1 and put like every different kind of CAI and put it on there to show the difference on the Dyno one day. There's a bunch of guys with ZL1's that have his packages and I haven't seen one complaint on that subforum.
You haven't seen the complaints because they all get deleted. And if he is so great why am I helping one of the forum members fix his ZL1 tune that was done by, you guessed it, JRE.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:35 PM   #18
joelster

Drives: '94 Z28+ '15 Z/28
People would be best advised to do plenty of research before spending their hard earned coin. I'm on about 15-20 car forums weekly. This one is BY FAR, the most censored of them all. I understand protecting your sponsors and all that, but the credibility of the board SHOULD rise above making a buck. Go on some other sites and ask the same questions and it's likely you'll get a completely different answer. It's up to you to filter through the replies. Eventually you'll see a trend, and be able to formulate an educated decision. You want a fast ZL-1? Ask someone with a fast ZL-1 what they did. In fact ask a bunch of them. Go to an LSX shootout and ask around. You'll see a HUGE group of shops with successful race/street/strip cars making mind-blowing power, yet you won't hear a thing about them on here. Funny how that works...............
1979 Y84 Trans Am
1986 IROC-Z
joelster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 06:15 PM   #19
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRealjokEs View Post
He has not earned anybodys repect, just all the bad stuff about him on this board gets deleted. use google.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:56 PM   #20
dekan513
chevy pride

Drives: 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
I don't know what that means because you did. Good for you I guess. You said there isn't one "the best." You're probably right, I gave you reasons why Jannetty has earned people's respect, but I guess you're the cool smart guy.

Whatever, sorry for trying to be helpful.
u might want to do a little research.

check out ky speeds fb page https://www.facebook.com/kyspeed
dekan513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:01 PM   #21
dekan513
chevy pride

Drives: 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro500 View Post
Guys lets put this in perspective;
He has tuned and worked on thousands of camaros and corvettes and has built many 800-1000 whp cars that run very strong and the track numbers are there to back this up. If you have 2-3 people who have had a bad experience or bad luck then you are looking at over a 99% satisfaction rate. That is extremely high for any industry standards. Even if he had a 95% lets put that into perspective. Are all of you happy with your home renovations, your painters, your plumbers, your electricians. Come on people, we all make mistakes.
There are clearly other excellent builders/tuners out there. Nearly every state has multiple great people working on cars. This should be expected!
I have been to jannetty racing, spoken over the phone and through emails with ted and his team and only have great things to say about my experience.
I am sure his intentions towards every customer are top notch and that he absolutely wants things to go well for them.
With the internet and various forums it is easy to get destroyed.
Everybody makes mistakes and we all know about the few cases on this thread that were clearly mistakes.
Lets not forget that the car he built, ran the fastest quarter mile time on stock displacement.
I have followed the threads closely and we can never know for sure what was discussed and done between both parties because it wasn't recorded or video taped.
it should be the fastest, but for the money he had spent with jre , he should be the fastest on about any list on this forum.

check out ky speeds fb page https://www.facebook.com/kyspeed
dekan513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:16 PM   #22
Nightmare2012
come find out;)

Drives: stockish 2012 camaro ss
Poor Jaime has thrown 200k at that car if he wasn't the fastest there would be something incredibly wrong!.
Nightmare2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:17 PM   #23
realcanuk

Drives: 2007 Corvette C6 983 RWHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekan513 View Post
it should be the fastest, but for the money he had spent with jre , he should be the fastest on about any list on this forum.

And for a little bit longer !!
Dewitts / dual spals, A&A dual pump fuel system.
3.42 polished gears, hardened shafts, Alky control meth, Cartech line lock, ECS axle loops, Trans brace, 6L80 built by me.
ID 1000 injectors, comp rockers, Morel lifters, BT springs, Trend 3/8 pushrods, ATI 10% OD Damper
Circle D Triple Disc stall
1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWTQ @ 6000,
realcanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:43 PM   #24
12camaroSS

Drives: 2012 camaro ss
The reason I data logged, was because when I sent him the info on the mods to my car, I forgot to mention it had a stage 2 slp intake. And like said before, not one size fits all. Ted was very helpful on the tune and directions on how to data log and instructing how to install the tune, I'm sure he doesn't spend a lot of time to tune camaros just to have them blow up.
12camaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:12 PM   #25
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
So the engine light came on after or before the tune?
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:21 PM   #26
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
I'm thinking he bought the car used with a few mods on it. Then took it to a dealer and they told him what the problem was with too much air. Then he got a hold of Ted, and Ted straightened it out for him and he is happy and grateful. That may be close.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:45 PM   #27
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
That's the way I understood it, just wanted to make sure.
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:23 AM   #28
12camaroSS

Drives: 2012 camaro ss
Yes I bought the car with 9k miles from a dealer with CAI stage 2 by slp and slp pipes no mufflers, so as I was driving one day, the check engine light came on, they basically told me to have the tune for it, or put the stick back on( lol I laughed and said no way!) so ted was very helpful to let me understand the situation and get it fixed. Now there had been no check engine light, the skip shift is away, torque management, and all the other goodies. I purchased the sct tuner and with bolt ons, he tuned it for free.
12camaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote