Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 11-05-2008, 12:21 PM   #43
RizeUP
Decisions - BIG OR FAST

Drives: F-350on 40's- - 2ss/rs # 7366
South Texas Dealers - Corpus Area

Allen Samuels in Corpus Christi, told me i was an idiot for wanting to order a camaro - they wouldn't be out till next year. To Bad for them - I ordered my black 2ss/rs from Al Willeford, in Portland Tx. They were very helpful and excited themselved about the camaro. They have already taking 4 orders while the rest of south texas dealers struggle to find there way to work in the moring. Salesman=Moron
RizeUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 12:27 PM   #44
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Quote:
Originally Posted by RizeUP View Post
Allen Samuels in Corpus Christi, told me i was an idiot for wanting to order a camaro - they wouldn't be out till next year. To Bad for them - I ordered my black 2ss/rs from Al Willeford, in Portland Tx. They were very helpful and excited themselved about the camaro. They have already taking 4 orders while the rest of south texas dealers struggle to find there way to work in the moring. Salesman=Moron
Yeah...its amazing there are still dealerships out there that don't even know you can pre-order already.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:03 PM   #45
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
I first went to Gunn Chevrolet in San Antonio to only be told they have sold all 63 allocations...I next called Tom Benson Chevrolet in San Antonio and they set me up with an appointment.

It took a little longer than I wanted to get in there finally but once in, it went decent. I did have to haggle over price and they were saying $5K over MSRP but I ended up with $1200 under MSRP for my order.

Order went in fine to workbench and I have my deal in writing as well.

Emilio Gonzalez is the sales consultant I dealt with...really good guy (it was more the sales mgr that got under my skin).

Tom Benson Chevrolet
9400 San Pedro Ave
San Antonio TX 78216
210-341-3311 ext 339
egonzalez@tombenson.com

You may have to haggle on price but I was able to make a deal! They had 13 allocations at the time and I am #1!
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 04:52 PM   #46
Her455
Her 455

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS with 6-speed
DFWSS - So what was the verdict with Stonebriar - over MSRP? We already spoke with Huffines in Plano and these guys were completely clueless on everything!

Thanks!
Her455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:22 PM   #47
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Her455 View Post
DFWSS - So what was the verdict with Stonebriar - over MSRP? We already spoke with Huffines in Plano and these guys were completely clueless on everything!

Thanks!
I tried Stonebriar first as they are just down the streat from me ... they told me MSRP and then emailed me back that it will be a market value .. that meant if they are selling for 5k over because of demand, that will be their price ..

I went with classic ...

Crowley
Old 11-14-2008, 08:57 PM   #48
babyjulie83
driving! Thanks GM !!!

Drives: 2SS Camaro in ABM!!!
Quote:
I tried Stonebriar first as they are just down the streat from me ... they told me MSRP and then emailed me back that it will be a market value .. that meant if they are selling for 5k over because of demand, that will be their price
that's exactly what happened to me.......I also ended up going with Classic......

Everything is better in a Camaro.......puts a smile on my face everyday.....
babyjulie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 02:31 AM   #49
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Legend View Post
I first went to Gunn Chevrolet in San Antonio to only be told they have sold all 63 allocations...I next called Tom Benson Chevrolet in San Antonio and they set me up with an appointment.

It took a little longer than I wanted to get in there finally but once in, it went decent. I did have to haggle over price and they were saying $5K over MSRP but I ended up with $1200 under MSRP for my order.

Order went in fine to workbench and I have my deal in writing as well.

Emilio Gonzalez is the sales consultant I dealt with...really good guy (it was more the sales mgr that got under my skin).

Tom Benson Chevrolet
9400 San Pedro Ave
San Antonio TX 78216
210-341-3311 ext 399
egonzalez@tombenson.com

You may have to haggle on price but I was able to make a deal! They had 13 allocations at the time and I am #1!
Damn brother! That's some good haggling!!!

I've got 3 more people wanting to order and I'll contact him to see what kind of deal he can get them. Thanks for the heads up!!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 07:13 AM   #50
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Eric at Classic Rocks - I've communicated with him quite a bit - and we are on the same team. It's great to FINALLY have dealerships working TOGETHER for the customer & forum guys..... I haven't exactly seen this too much in the past.

I would personally buy from Eric if I were in Texas (and not employed here )

You can tell him CAMARO SCOTTY sent you - and he'll know just who you're talking about!

Incidentally, the dealer web page that showed ESTIMATED ALLOCATION for each dealer has been changed. It now says dealerships should ask their district manager for their allocation number.

OK, back to work - GM is practically giving away vettes!
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:58 AM   #51
macduff13

Drives: 2007 GMC Yukon
Classic in Granbury sells everything way over MSRP! They are very proud of their inventory! Guess they don't need the money.

Jerry's in Weatherford has some really nice people but I had a VERY bad experiance there last year, while purchasing a new suburban. When it came time for them to do the make ready on the vehicle, they couldn't find it.... turns out, they just loaned it out to another customer for a long trip over the weekend. So we did get them to take some more off the price for that. When we went to pick it up on a Monday, they didn't clean it up... the outside was filthy, the inside had trash and stains everywhere, and we gave them another day to clean it up...... went back the next day, and they hadn't even touched it..... we canceled that deal real quick!!! If that's how they handle their sales, how do they handle their service..... we bought elswhere! And I promised them I would tell everyone I could about that experience. Jerrys in Weatherford (Chevy only--- guys at Toyota are top class guy's... too bad they don't sell Chevy!)
macduff13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 09:48 AM   #52
gac458

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro
I ordered my SS through Lonestar Chevrolet off 290 West bound. Mark Kolon was the sales manager I dealt with and he was pretty knowledgeable and easy to work with. They require a $1000.00 deposit, they got an allotment of 38 cars, mine was the 1st SS but they already had orders for 10 V6's by October 18th. My brother works for Chevrolet so I got a good price, but they are selling with a dealer premium added to MSRP. They seem to have a good deal of info on the new camaro's and offered to make me a copies of any information I wanted that they had on the cars.

Lone Star Chevrolet18900 Northwest FreewayHouston,TX77065
gac458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 10:18 AM   #53
Legend
Hello!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gac458 View Post
My brother works for Chevrolet so I got a good price, but they are selling with a dealer premium added to MSRP.
What is the premium? Did they just add $$$$ to the MSPR?

Sounds like they are just marking the price up...
Old 11-24-2008, 10:48 AM   #54
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Quote:

Dealer premium, market adjustment,markup.....its all the same thing.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 06:49 PM   #55
gac458

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro
Quote:

On the SS I think they are getting $5,000 + MSRP. That would mean a loaded up SS would run about $40,000 - 42,000 depending on options. I got mine for $36000.00. I am hoping to get that down a little if possible, wating to see how many of their allotment they sale before the 1st one is delivered.
gac458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 04:17 PM   #56
Legend
Hello!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gac458 View Post
On the SS I think they are getting $5,000 + MSRP. That would mean a loaded up SS would run about $40,000 - 42,000 depending on options. I got mine for $36000.00. I am hoping to get that down a little if possible, wating to see how many of their allotment they sale before the 1st one is delivered.
Ouch! Seems there are so many dealers offering MSRP you could find one too or at least print some of the material off here and take it to the dealer and try to get a deal!

I took 15 or 20 pieces of paper with me from this site and talked and talked till I got the price I wanted!

It's a shot and could save you $5K or better it sounds like...just a thought.