Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-03-2010, 09:19 PM   #15
mfr1950

Drives: 2011 challengerR/T , 2010 Ram R/T
I just ignore these racer wannabes,they give up and go find someone else,or they get busted.............
mfr1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:26 PM   #16
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky SOB View Post
Man, I woulda put the hammer down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by egad09 View Post
LOL ... sad to say but i probably would have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
And now the hammer is probably gonna come down on you.
unlikely. You can say you drive fast, you still have to get caught.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab2g View Post
some guy in a late model Infinity G35 tried to race me a month back. I just ignored him. Good thing because while he was still egging me on I noticed 2 cops around a bend. Thing is, if I had raced him, I'd have gotten the ticket because I would've been in front. Good thing I am not dumb enough to street race..
Nope, you'd both get busted.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:35 PM   #17
cam fan

Drives: fast
ever see WANTED with james mcavoy? just before he is about to have his panic attack - thats how i feel when i race, except i get awesome like james mcavoy after he learns kung fu and stuff
cam fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:37 PM   #18
melody301
NY Football Giants YAY!!!

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by egad09 View Post
LOL ... sad to say but i probably would have.
Pshh I know I would have too. Some races I pass up and some I just can't let go. Let the pedal hit the medal I woulda went for it.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:39 PM   #19
JJ2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Good story.....

You did the right thing....
JJ2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:24 PM   #20
Enzo

Drives: 2013 IOM ZL1
Smart thinking not to punch it. Don't mean to jack your thread but something similar happened to me 2 weeks ago. A lightning is following me for over a mile. He is being a complete a$$hole and flashes his lights and revs his engine. We are both at a red light. I have always had my own rule that I never speed excessively on streets (non highway). My brother keeps telling me to shut this guy up. I wanted to take this guy so bad but had a bad feeling and decided against it. Light turns green lighting takes off and I just keep driving. 2 blocks up the road there is a cop just waiting there. At this point I'm so glad I went with my gut instinct bc I could have easily got a ticket for street racing and most likely gone to jail. I just turned 20 yrs old and have quickly learned that with this car comes great responsibility. For what it's worth to the rest of the young Camaro drivers think things through before doing them. This car is a powerful machine and just bc you have one doesn't mean you always have to use it. If you have the need for speed take it to the track bc it's honestly not worth putting yourself and others in danger for the sake of proving that your car is faster than theirs.
Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:32 PM   #21
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky SOB View Post
Man, I woulda put the hammer down...

....see, what we don't know is what might have happened had you 'put the hammer down'

....cops - and in some localities, street racing means automatic forfeiture of your car......

.....an accident where innocents are killed....

See -- it's just not a good idea.........take it to the track. Frankly, I think that you send a message when you refuse to 'take the bait' --

I've seen too many people killed and too many peoples' lives ruined all due to the stupidity of street racing.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:35 PM   #22
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
I'm constantly getting people trying to get me to street race while driving Thor V 2.0....

A few weeks back, I was leaving a supplier's office - and was on a service drive. A blue mustang pulls up next to me - keeps revving his engine........the light turns green and off he goes........at the next light, same thing.......after about a minute of his racing his engine, I put my window down - looked over at him - and said ".......are you a SMURF???" (blue paint)

He got all huffy - the light turned green - he let his clutch out............

...........and stalled it!

I simply let the clutch out and Thor V 2.0 and I smoothly drove away........
Old 10-03-2010, 11:05 PM   #23
DroptopZ
I'm your huckleberry...

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, '88 IROC vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
I'm constantly getting people trying to get me to street race while driving Thor V 2.0....

A few weeks back, I was leaving a supplier's office - and was on a service drive. A blue mustang pulls up next to me - keeps revving his engine........the light turns green and off he goes........at the next light, same thing.......after about a minute of his racing his engine, I put my window down - looked over at him - and said ".......are you a SMURF???" (blue paint)

He got all huffy - the light turned green - he let his clutch out............

...........and stalled it!

I simply let the clutch out and Thor V 2.0 and I smoothly drove away........
Good call.

A few years ago, I was at a light with a kitted out 240SX, mismatched paint panels etc, but the guy would NOT leave me alone and had been tailgating me. We were the first cars at the light, he kept revving... I looked right and saw a police officer stopped there. Gave the guy next to me 'the nod' and he took off from the light only to get pulled over right after as I took off normally

I won't say I didn't do anything stupid when I was a kid, but I'm older and realize that you have to obey the , especially in the city or when there are others around who could get hurt as a result. If I EVER speed, I keep it on the highway and when there is little/no traffic. Of course, it helps that what I'm driving most of the time is my stupid Subaru.

OP, nice job Morons who do that in traffic are asking to hurt somebody.

DroptopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:32 AM   #24
BlaSSt Off

Drives: 2SS/RS
Around here, there are ALOT of import cars and mustangs with a catback and x-pipe ad they all think they have the fastest thing on the street.
I have had several people in imports and mustangs want to race but when you hold up a wad of cash, and tell them to put up some money, they tend to stop. LoL
BlaSSt Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:29 AM   #25
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
How would you determine the winner of the race? What are the rules for this kind of race? You did the right thing. If you get beside me at a red light away from all traffic and people and want to drag race me for 1/4 mile, I understand the rules. The bullshit on the highway leaves me puzzled.
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:10 AM   #26
justincase_2008
The Freak Kid

Drives: ABM 2010 SS/RS White strips
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
With great power comes great responsibility...
Yeah best street story i have was a little civic was trying me. I mean thats not even worth the gas to rev to shut him up. SO he continues on with his im so cool moves and takes off red lines first and blows it up. i mean black smoke slide to a dead stop blew it up. Maybe that will teach him a lesson 1) pick your battles 2) stay on a track where there aren't 100 people you could kill along the way. This is why i keep a few cards for our local track in my car tell the dude if you are for real meet me here then we will see.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:22 AM   #27
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Drives: '10 1LT/RS Black w/Silver Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS CAMARO View Post
Smart thinking not to punch it. Don't mean to jack your thread but something similar happened to me 2 weeks ago. A lightning is following me for over a mile. He is being a complete a$$hole and flashes his lights and revs his engine. We are both at a red light. I have always had my own rule that I never speed excessively on streets (non highway). My brother keeps telling me to shut this guy up. I wanted to take this guy so bad but had a bad feeling and decided against it. Light turns green lighting takes off and I just keep driving. 2 blocks up the road there is a cop just waiting there. At this point I'm so glad I went with my gut instinct bc I could have easily got a ticket for street racing and most likely gone to jail. I just turned 20 yrs old and have quickly learned that with this car comes great responsibility. For what it's worth to the rest of the young Camaro drivers think things through before doing them. This car is a powerful machine and just bc you have one doesn't mean you always have to use it. If you have the need for speed take it to the track bc it's honestly not worth putting yourself and others in danger for the sake of proving that your car is faster than theirs.
Good story and exactly my point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
....see, what we don't know is what might have happened had you 'put the hammer down'

....cops - and in some localities, street racing means automatic forfeiture of your car......

.....an accident where innocents are killed....

See -- it's just not a good idea.........take it to the track. Frankly, I think that you send a message when you refuse to 'take the bait' --

I've seen too many people killed and too many peoples' lives ruined all due to the stupidity of street racing.
Yeah here in Colorado "drag racing" means your car is seized and sold at an auction. First time is the last time. They don't give you any chances.

To the Jerkoff in SW Denver Driving the Black Camaro:
Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
John Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:09 AM   #28
CamaroCowboy

Drives: 2013 Chevy Truck
I agree totally......I hardly ever speed and never race....I did find it funny when a chevy lumina tried to race me one night though....I think I laughed all the way home.......I had a crotch rocket try and again I just let it go....but the dumbest one I have had was a challenger tried from light to light down a major city street.....NO WAY and I racing in the city especially but he kept on trying....

I wish I could understand what goes through these morons heads.......I mean what the point.......no audience, chance for ticket, injury or wreck.....Just not worth it....
Texas speed LT Headers and High Flow Cats, Magnaflow 3 inch cat-back Exhaust, SNL V2 Comp CAM, Texas Speed Underdrive Pully, G5CR CAI, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, JetFlo Mass Air Sensor, Custom Grill, Amber AAC Headlight and Fog Light Halo, Amber footwell Lighting, Amber under hood lighting, RK Sport Ram Air /Heat Extractor Hood and ADM Racing Scoop. 447.9 RWHP 428 TQ
My car is exactly that, No one has to like it but me!
CamaroCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote