Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-12-2009, 09:43 PM   #603
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
they are relying on this car, the new Camaro, to save them.
I really hope not. The Camaro is a very small part of what they need to save them.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:47 PM   #604
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
ABL
OUR72GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:02 PM   #605
duder4thgen

Drives: Bird
I'll admit I've freaked out about the 5th gen before.. but 25 pages of freaking out it a little unreasonable.

I, for one, appreciate the fact that GM is taking the needed time to bring us a reliable, well thought out product. If it takes longer, to keep it at a high standard of quality, so be it. This is the attitude that GM needs to be a relavent force in the automotive industry.

The alternative is GM rushing a product out, taking your hard earned money as soon as they can, and maybe sorta figuring it out later if something isnt up to par. Does anyone here remember GM's X-cars? Do yall want the 5th gen out fast so bad it suffers the same fate?

Heres a post from War Eagle on page 3 that got it spot on-

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
Guys,

It is not the end of the world. I waited three years to get my Shelby GT 500 but I got the exact car I wanted and at a really, good price. A brand new 2009 at invoice.

Take up gardening, quilting or some other hobby to help pass the time and in some cases go buy another car (no imports please) to drive for a year or two while you finally decide what your dream camaro will look like and have in it. I promise you if you are patient you will be able to get the exact car you want well below MSRP 12 to 18 months from now.

I know of several GT 500 owners who paid $15,000 to $20,000 over MSRP for their cars when they first came out and now they are miserable about it and feel like absolute idiots. Don't let that happen, remember "Good things come to he who waits".

Also this post reflects the opinion of an old guy and may contain BS or useless information.

Steve
Speaking from personal experience, being impatient in any part of the automotive industry is shooting yourself in the foot. Cool off, relax, appreciate what GM is going through to bring you a quality product, and you'll be enjoying a class leading pony car before you know it.

Cancelling your order to buy a g37 isnt a really good idea. Spending more money for a car with less power, and a shorter warranty? Not to mention once the powertrain warranty runs out you can count on that motor to leak and burn every drop of oil in it, and the transmission to burn out faster than an abused & neglected 4l60e. The only smart reason I can see to cancel an order on a 5th gen is the smokin deals on c6's and g8's you can find right now.
duder4thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:29 PM   #606
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by duder4thgen View Post
I'll admit I've freaked out about the 5th gen before.. but 25 pages of freaking out it a little unreasonable.

I, for one, appreciate the fact that GM is taking the needed time to bring us a reliable, well thought out product. If it takes longer, to keep it at a high standard of quality, so be it. This is the attitude that GM needs to be a relavent force in the automotive industry.

The alternative is GM rushing a product out, taking your hard earned money as soon as they can, and maybe sorta figuring it out later if something isnt up to par. Does anyone here remember GM's X-cars? Do yall want the 5th gen out fast so bad it suffers the same fate?

Heres a post from War Eagle on page 3 that got it spot on-

Speaking from personal experience, being impatient in any part of the automotive industry is shooting yourself in the foot. Cool off, relax, appreciate what GM is going through to bring you a quality product, and you'll be enjoying a class leading pony car before you know it.

Cancelling your order to buy a g37 isnt a really good idea. Spending more money for a car with less power, and a shorter warranty? Not to mention once the powertrain warranty runs out you can count on that motor to leak and burn every drop of oil in it, and the transmission to burn out faster than an abused & neglected 4l60e. The only smart reason I can see to cancel an order on a 5th gen is the smokin deals on c6's and g8's you can find right now.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote