Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 06-09-2009, 12:11 AM   #57
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
I owned a 98 Mustang Gt and really really hated the fact that the emergency brake was by my leg. BIG PET PEEVE.

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
bigd1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:15 AM   #58
Z/28orSs

Drives: 2000 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawt View Post
Number 3- Yes, the Mustang offers that.

It isn't illegal in Arizona to have the floods and headlights running, where is it illegal...?

To everyone that said the electronics shouldn't be in a muscle car, or they don't matter, in reality they do. In my opinion to compete with almost every car out there now they should atleast OFFER it.......

I'm going to wait until I drive both cars, watch drag races between both, and see how many people buy a Camaro.
so other people's actions Sway, what kind of car your going to Buy???
if thats the case have fun Keeping up with my LS1!!!!

If there are tons of Camaros, then for sure I will get the Mustang. Everyone thinks the Mustang is too popular, whose to say the Camaro won't be the same way? They're both priced very well and both are very sexy cars. I predict there will be just as many 2010 Camaros on the road as 2010 Stangs.

you do realize that the camaro has not been around for a while??
if your a so-called GM faithful you will drink the kool aid and like
it! and give the camaro some more sales #'s so we can see improvement in the next model.
like what ford did with the "new " stang

However, not nearly as many as those... Mopars...
not every1 should buy a camaro than i will have no one to Beat in mine LOL j/k
Old 06-09-2009, 12:19 AM   #59
ClaymoreZ28

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM Camaro
Net - go with the stang if that is what feels right but dialogue on the electronics package is odd.
Only gap on Camaro if you have 2SS package is GPS - and frankly I prefer to have separate, purpose built Garmin GPS which I can move between vehicles, carry when on foot and get quarterly map updates for life for $100.
I can also take the Garmin on business trips and even have european maps to take when on vacation - and all for a lot less than the typical add on cost of inbuilt GPS.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:19 AM   #60
joerod97
Chevy Man

Drives: 2010 2ss -black/black
Bawt ,[I]m glad youre considering a Camaro.Acouple of points though, It doesnt come with 20 inch rims, they are extra. Paddle shift is only with auto as is remote start. auto comes with 400 hp , Other than that its the perfect car for you.....
joerod97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:38 AM   #61
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawt View Post
I didn't really mean it that way. I know the Mustang DESIGN is old and over-populated... But people can't use that to persuade me to a Camaro, because I know for a FACT GM is going to sell an enormous amount of these things. They are sexy and have a phenomenal price, and if people aren't like me and don't give a crap about interior, they'll buy it.

Does anyone think GM will consider offering a technology package in the 2011 Camaro?
Your FACT is wrong, The chevy/ford guys will stick to thier brand no matter what. I'm a die hard chevy guy and I agree with your opinion on the interior. They pinched the pennies there for sure. And thats why you won't see an ENORMOUS amount of these cars on the road. Once people see a few Camaros on the road and get over the WOW factor, they will shop around and notice how much nicer the interiors of other cars are. The optional guts on the Mustang is pretty damn nice for sure. But that won't make me buy a ford....

-bobby
Old 06-09-2009, 05:19 AM   #62
got_ls3

Drives: camaro ss
Send a message via MSN to got_ls3
man i got 06 mustang roush 427 & camaro ss let me say it i don't think that i need a nav or ur electronics package to drive my car. how u can even compare a 4.6 to 6.2 anyway as electlatino said "nothing wrong with american muscle cars!! (even if it is a ford...)"
i got 06 n u r going to get 010 big deal still the same little engine.

u see.

[IMG][/IMG]

i even took this pic w/ my phone, look how much nicer the camaro is lol

[IMG][/IMG]
got_ls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:49 AM   #63
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:49 AM   #64
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
The sad part is if you drove a Camaro in darkest of nights with the HIDs you wouldn't be wishing you could turn on your DTRLs. They are that good.

I am guessing you aren't about the performance, but about the show and that's great. The HIDs are so good you don't and won't need fog lamps. As I've posted, they are so good I'd pay the RS premium just for the lamps.

Yep I like NAV. It adds a bit more color to the interior and I don't mind having a map to boot. But the fact is very few people buy built in NAV anymore. Plus it actually hurts your residuals on a lease. So it's nice that Ford has it, but I wouldn't pay money for it.

You are giving up much better hardware in the Camaro in order to have HIDs with Fog lamps and a NAV. And if those two items out weigh the IRS, SIDI V6 or 426 HP V8, 6 speed transmissions that's ok. That's why all cars aren't the same. Different tastes and desires.

I hope you change your mind.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:11 AM   #65
ckaram

Drives: 2011 2SS RS, 1968 ragtop
Well said, Number 3!

I must be missing something 'cause I don't get the whole NAV hype. I like it when my sexy wife navigates for me
Old 06-09-2009, 06:49 AM   #66
DeathChill

Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
I'm still here. I don't post much anymore because I've pretty much decided to get a 2011 Mustang 5.0. I think a lot of people left because of the attitude of some of the more rabid Chevy fanboys here. Kinda ruins it for some of the cool people here who actually want to have a discussion.
Eh, to be fair, a lot of the Mustang guys were just as rabid about Ford and the Mustang. However, there were definitely some that were actually interested in both cars.

You seem fine enough, however!
DeathChill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:59 AM   #67
Bocephus

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT, Kona, BBP, 3.73
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathChill View Post
Eh, to be fair, a lot of the Mustang guys were just as rabid about Ford and the Mustang. However, there were definitely some that were actually interested in both cars.

You seem fine enough, however!
Well you are right about that! I'm one of those guys that love both cars. I'm going to wait until the 2011s come out for both cars before i make my final decision. I think the OP should do the same.
Bocephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:06 AM   #68
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
I am still here, though I do more reading now than posting. The Mustang interior is a very big step in the right direction. My complaint of the Camaro is that it is smaller inside than it needs to be. AT my height, I felt cramped in the Camaro. But in truth, its like that in most GM cars for some reason. I also do not like the gauge placement. Sure its not stuff you need to look at all the time, but the placement is still bad IMO.

Everyone will be loyal to their chosen brand. Some people are on the fence. I will admit that the Camaro offer a lot of car for the buck, but in my area, (S.FLA) the buck is pretty high. 43k is the norm around here, then add the mark up. Perhaps in a year the prices will normalized, and the Camaro can be found for the price its supposed to be at.

All in all its great to see the Maro back. I love the new GM commercial, it conveys a very good message. Enjoy while they last. Who knows what the new standards will bring.

The Muscle car wars are back and in full swing. As car enthusiasts, should it be any other way ? Mopar vs The Blue Oval vs The Bowtie. What could be better

Edit: Also if I had to buy now, I would wait to see what the 5.0 pans out to be.

With that said, I look forward to seeing the Camaro at the track. It'll be the only time I can see em, because if I line up next to one, I do not look in my review mirror when I am doing my runs !

Last edited by Ninjak; 06-09-2009 at 09:36 AM.
Ninjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:09 AM   #69
bdstealth

Drives: 2SS/RS White/blk int.M6,GFX
That's ok buy what YOU like(mustang) ,but be prepared to finish second.
bdstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:43 AM   #70
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
Mustang interior + Camaro exterior = match made in heaven
OMG you cant' be serious. The Mustang interior, yes the new one is better, but is still one of the worst I've seen. This is their trademark. It's not even close in my opinion.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote