Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-08-2009, 05:27 PM   #71
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicompression View Post
I for one value your opinion! Everybody slamming you is really not deserved. Getting issues/opinions out in the open is what freedom of speech is about on the interwebz. If no one complains, nothing gets fixed, changed or done. Everybody else that doesn't respect your opinion can keep drinking the kool-aid...

With that said. I'm selling two of my Mustangs to purchase an SS Camaro. I am getting rid of my 2006 Mustang GT (305 hp @ the flywheel) and my 1991 supercharged coupe (280 hp @ the rear wheels). Hmmmmm, lets see...with 20 percent parasitic loss from the flywheel to the rear wheels I should be making 341 hp at the rear wheels with the 2SS 6-speed Camaro! I better feel the difference or I'll convert back to the dark side in a jiffy!!!!

6 speed manual LS3 Camaro is more like 16% loss. Most the LS3 Camaros are dynoing in the 350-375 rwhp range depending on which dyno you run on.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:28 PM   #72
Hicompression
Rumbly Bumble Bee

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
6 speed manual LS3 Camaro is more like 16% loss. Most the LS3 Camaros are dynoing in the 350-375 rwhp range depending on which dyno you run on.
Well..see..that drives my point home all the more! I better feel a difference over my current Mustangs!
Old 08-08-2009, 05:29 PM   #73
nasty2ss

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss IOM
WOW HE MUST OF GOT A SLOW ONE. My car flys and its a blast to drive,sorry you got a slow one.
nasty2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:40 PM   #74
BryanB

Drives: 2010 2SS CGM
I took it to get tinted today and drove it around a bit. It feels a bit better, has about 150 miles on it now. I think it just needs to be broken in.

Yes I know this is a camaro forum and you guys are all extremely biased. I think it's a great car, I was just stating my initial opinion.

And yes, I also know I'm very fortunate for being able to afford and have taken delivery on it... but I'm also entitled to my own opinion, I'm not just your average Joe that goes and buys a car to get from point A to point B, I'm an enthusiast, I've been around cars my whole life and will continue to critique the things that bother me. I think the real enthusiast can understand that.
BryanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:42 PM   #75
BryanB

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireresq157 View Post
Let me guess your one of these guys that red lines the car right out of the dealership right? You need to break it in not break it. Give it 3000 miles most people are seeing the difference before then but just in case. As for mine I've been good better than most in staying off the gas pedal. Yet when I've punched it I've had plenty of positive feed back. It is definitely faster than my 4rth gen SS and that had some work and complete exhaust upgrade including hooker headers to magnaflow cat back plus roughly 300 pounds lighter.
Wrong. I've red lined it only a few times, but I know how to break a car in, thanks. Like I said, my opinion is based on the car being new and still in it's testing stage.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:46 PM   #76
BryanB

[QUOTE=Sir Nuke;775886]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanB View Post
I picked up a CGM 2SS RS 2 nights ago, have only driven it about 30-40 miles so far but I'm just not impressed with the car.

I have a 6 speed and I hate how I can't see the tachometer when I'm driving because the steering wheel is in the way.............[/QUOTE]

For starters congrats on getting your car......a LOT of poeple are still waiting...... as far as the tach...how long has it been since you drove a standard? or is this your first one? either way, its your camaro is new to you, and you will learn the sound of your car, iuts heartbeat. in time you will not need to look at the tach, as you will FEEL the car, your instict will take over and shift it when it need to be shifted, it will become part of you as time goes by.
I drive a standard every day, I also have a 6-speed Supra. I can shift the car perfectly fine without the tach, It's just a personal preference to be able to look down at it every now and then to see exactly where my RPMS are. I'm sure I will get used to I think it would have just been much more functional if the tach wasn't blocked by the steering wheel because after all that's what the tach is used for, to be able to be seen quickly and easily.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:49 PM   #77
Hoss

Drives: 2004GMC Extended Cab
These Camaro SS's will start to wake up at 1500 miles and even perform better at 3000 miles. I wouldn't be hard on the throttle yet. Enjoy your ride and the nice comments that you should be getting.

For the second month is a row people still haven't seen many Camaro's at the local monthly car show. My car was a big hit again......with the local folks!! I enjoy showing it!!

I find it hard to believe that this new SS doesn't move you!?
Old 08-08-2009, 05:57 PM   #78
BryanB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
These Camaro SS's will start to wake up at 1500 miles and even perform better at 3000 miles. I wouldn't be hard on the throttle yet. Enjoy your ride and the nice comments that you should be getting.

For the second month is a row people still haven't seen many Camaro's at the local monthly car show. My car was a big hit again......with the local folks!! I enjoy showing it!!

I find it hard to believe that this new SS doesn't move you!?
You're right, I enjoy the car and have gotten compliments. There are just some little things that bother me. Once the car breaks in I will see how it feels and then go from there on how I plan to modify it. With a little more power I'm sure it could be a great car.
Old 08-08-2009, 06:01 PM   #79
DeathChill

Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
Quote:
They're slower? Really? Go race one then come back and talk. Had the car for 2 years and never had a problem with it. Were talking about the SRT8, not your typical grand cherokee.

Don't believe me? http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ight=Jeep+SRT8
Yeah, the Jeep should get off the line better with less issue, where with the Camaro you have to work with it. However, they seem to be about the same 1/4 mile wise (from what I've seen, I could definitely be wrong). I think it's just that the Camaro is designed to feel like you're not going fast when you are.

Secondly, it could be the gas the dealership put in. They usually don't put the appropriate gas in.

Regardless, maybe it just feels slow. I'm not sure but if you're not happy you should definitely get the car checked out to make sure everything is okay.
DeathChill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 06:14 PM   #80
Hoss

Drives: 2004GMC Extended Cab
Bryan, put some 93 octane gas in her....Texas has Shell gas and Sam's that I know of. For sure I want to put the GM cold air intake on my car and maybe the shorty headers with less restrictive exhaust. With every add on we will improve our performance.

This is going to be fun to improve my new SS!!
Old 08-08-2009, 06:19 PM   #81
BryanB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
Bryan, put some 93 octane gas in her....Texas has Shell gas and Sam's that I know of. For sure I want to put the GM cold air intake on my car and maybe the shorty headers with less restrictive exhaust. With every add on we will improve our performance.

This is going to be fun to improve my new SS!!
Thanks, I will.. Waiting until I have to fill up. Definitely looking into an intake and exhaust.
Old 08-08-2009, 06:26 PM   #82
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
When i took out a 2SS that had no miles on it i tried to chirp the tires several times i got nothing no even a small chirp. IMO it needs some miles on it to break it in then it will wake up im sure of it. I have to ask did you go to the car shows like a lot of did or test drive one before u made ur purchase? If your not crazy about this car now by 6 months i doubt it will be any better thats just my opinion. Trust me op try finding this kind of car for this kind of money and look this good its will be small list.
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 07:08 PM   #83
911 Scene

Drives: 911 Turbo
Quote:
I picked up a CGM 2SS RS 2 nights ago, have only driven it about 30-40 miles so far but I'm just not impressed with the car.

Overall, I think I like it but I'm just not crazy about it. For starters, it feels incredibly slow. For a 426 HP V8 I was expecting a little more, hopefully the engine will break in a little more and feel a bit more responsive. The car also feels very big to me, I feel like I'm driving a boat, not a sports car.

I have a 6 speed and I hate how I can't see the tachometer when I'm driving because the steering wheel is in the way, no matter how I position the steering wheel unless I push it all the way up which isn't comfortable. Maybe it's just the way I sit.

I also can not for the life of me see my headlight control switch while I'm driving because it is blocked by the steering wheel.

I'm not saying it's a bad car and it will probably grow on me but I'm just saying I was expecting a bit more
Couldn't agree more!

Eh, I've given mine 2 weeks of daily driving to "grow on me" but to no avail.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:22 PM   #84
mrcowboy

Drives: SS Camaro RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Bird View Post
Agreed!!
Don't worry guys it was sarcasm.. The only way I will cancel my order is if I buy one off the lot before my order is complete lol .