Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-15-2014, 08:21 PM   #29
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOYMARO View Post
Are you sure you didnt do a "clean side" install of the can? I mean....I have NEVER heard of some one NOT catching oil with these cans. EVERYONE catches oil. Yoiu are the first and it seems wrong not to be catching oil.

Unless GM installed my motor in the car backwards it is hooked up to the passenger side! Oh, and the motor looks to be installed the correct way. I followed the installation instructions to the letter. I guess you didn't see my post where I verified with Elite that it was and is installed correctly. I also said it is catching oil but I call it a waste when it catches only a few drops and a butt load of water. I didn't by a water separator I bought an oil separator. I also have more oil being sucked in on the so called clean side into the intake tube on the CAI than what that catch can is collecting. I guess if a person is going to properly catch all oil then 2 catch cans should be installed, one on each side.

I did just get back from an 800 mile road trip. On the way back I ran it pretty hard. I was too tired to check it this afternoon but am gong to check it tomorrow. If it is empty, actually might be more water in it since it was 32F when I left yesterday, I am pulling it off and going back to stock and selling it.

Dean.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote