Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-08-2009, 11:51 AM   #1
BryanB

Drives: 2010 2SS CGM
Picked up my 2SS RS 2 Nights ago - Kind of disapointed

I picked up a CGM 2SS RS 2 nights ago, have only driven it about 30-40 miles so far but I'm just not impressed with the car.

Overall, I think I like it but I'm just not crazy about it. For starters, it feels incredibly slow. For a 426 HP V8 I was expecting a little more, hopefully the engine will break in a little more and feel a bit more responsive. The car also feels very big to me, I feel like I'm driving a boat, not a sports car.

I have a 6 speed and I hate how I can't see the tachometer when I'm driving because the steering wheel is in the way, no matter how I position the steering wheel unless I push it all the way up which isn't comfortable. Maybe it's just the way I sit.

I'm not saying it's a bad car and it will probably grow on me but I'm just saying I was expecting a bit more

Last edited by BryanB; 08-09-2009 at 01:51 PM.
BryanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:54 AM   #2
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanB View Post
I picked up a CGM 2SS RS 2 nights ago, have only driven it about 30-40 miles so far but I'm just not impressed with the car.

Overall, I think I like it but I'm just not crazy about it. For starters, it feels incredibly slow. For a 426 HP V8 I was expecting a little more, hopefully the engine will break in a little more and feel a bit more responsive. The car also feels very big to me, I feel like I'm driving a boat, not a sports car.

I have a 6 speed and I hate how I can't see the tachometer when I'm driving because the steering wheel is in the way, no matter how I position the steering wheel unless I push it all the way up which isn't comfortable. Maybe it's just the way I sit.

I also can not for the life of me see my headlight control switch while I'm driving because it is blocked by the steering wheel.

I'm not saying it's a bad car and it will probably grow on me but I'm just saying I was expecting a bit more
Name:  huge_smiley_with_tongue_out.gif
Views: 4963
Size:  14.3 KB
Old 08-08-2009, 11:56 AM   #3
espo19047

Drives: Impala
Send a message via AIM to espo19047
The headlights come on by themselves... You must be very hard to please. I have no negative feedback from my customers in fact some of them are reminding me of Toyota customers. They blame everything else including themselves if there is a problem.
espo19047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:00 PM   #4
BryanB

Drives: 2010 2SS CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by espo19047 View Post
The headlights come on by themselves... You must be very hard to please. I have no negative feedback from my customers in fact some of them are reminding me of Toyota customers. They blame everything else including themselves if there is a problem.
I know the headlights come on by themselves, that's not really a huge issue for me, I'll get over. Most of the time I was trying to turn them on to show someone the lights on the doors or turn the fog lights off and had to pull over, but I'm sure I'll eventually just set it on Auto and leave it.

I guess I am hard to please when it comes to my cars. I traded my 08 Jeep SRT8 for the Camaro and it felt 5x faster, that could be the reason it feels a bit slow to me.
BryanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:01 PM   #5
Bbrock25

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Inferno Orange
Lol? IMO the only thing wrong w/ the car is 2 things.
The power lock/unlock is in a weird position.
Fuel door is on the passenger side, just a personal preference for me though, every vehicle I've ever own/driven always on the driver side.
Bbrock25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:01 PM   #6
Montrose
USN CPO

Drives: 08 Titan,2103 Challenger 392 SRT-8
well it still needs to be broken in and also remember that the ECU also does some adjustments over time, it's still going off factory preprograming and still has to learn short and long term fuel trims and knock retard, it's summer and you live in middle texas, heat and bad DA will make the car slower, also bad gas or lower octaine will also hurt, preformance just some things to think about.

Montrose
oh you had an SRT8 Jeep before well, ESP on the Jeep with AWD wont step in as much as it will on a RWD car with the same HP that can also make it feel slower.
Montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:01 PM   #7
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
It has bugged me about not seeing the headlight knob a little but that's just because I want to know if my halos are on but you can just reach down and move the knob and read the instuments. As far as the rest, you'll get used to it.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:02 PM   #8
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
I will give you 20k for it...just saying
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:06 PM   #9
Bbrock25

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
I will give you 20k for it...just saying
Bbrock25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:20 PM   #10
logan1080

Drives: 2003 Crew Cab Duramax
Anyone else think it is slow??
logan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:21 PM   #11
ihc95

Drives: 2018 GT PP1 A10
dude this isnt an Aston Martin DBS. Its a ~$30k Chevy. And for that price its a remarkable car
ihc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:22 PM   #12
light-my-firebyrd

Drives: 2010 camaro ss rally yellow
Man, if this car can't get you excited.....................nothing will.
I cannot imagine your car being that much slower than your previous car?
Everyone i know who owns it loves it.
You may require the services of Ferrari or Lamborghini................
light-my-firebyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:25 PM   #13
vegasmike

Drives: 2010 Black RS Camaro
It is slow out of the hole but top end she moves, its not a SPORTS CAR it is a 21 century muscle car, drive it, its cool and the best part is, if you hate it you can probably sell it and make a buck or two. Do that with a Jeep or Toyota or hell any other car for that matter.
vegasmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:26 PM   #14
69 Hugger

Drives: 69 Convertible Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanB View Post

I also can not for the life of me see my headlight control switch while I'm driving because it is blocked by the steering wheel.

I've been wondering the samething but comparing it to my 69, I know it's going to ride much better,be more comfortable but I'm wonerding if it will be as fast or faster. I've never raced my 69 but might go down to the local track and check the 0-60 times and 1/4 mile to see how close it is. I've asked a friend if he would be willing to drive my 69 and he was more than happy to help out. I'm a little picky when it comes to paint and performace, From whats been posted the performace is there just a matter of bringing it out little by little or a tune Good luck with it,
69 Hugger is offline   Reply With Quote