Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 05-02-2009, 08:26 PM   #43
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossmanj21 View Post
Haselwood in Bremerton is the worst dealership I have ever dealt with. I went there a week ago to see the Camaro for the first time and after a nice walk around tour I said I would be untested in ordering one. The Salesman was more then willing to help me get what I wanted but when he went to get his "pit boss" the enjoyment ended. The pit boss started to give me wrong information about the car and when I corrected him, based on the knowledge I have from this site, he got very rude and told me that if I was not going to purchase a car on the spot and pay the 5k markup then to "get out". So I took his advice and left. I don't know if anyone on this site has had better luck but during a time when the economy is as poor as it is I don't think they should ever tell a customer that is pre-approved to "get out"! Anyone else have any history with Haselwood (Today Chevrolet)?
Sorry to hear this. I don't have any experience with Today Chev, but if you are looking for a good dealer, you are not far from Port Angeles. Go talk to Bill Koenig at Koenig Chev up there. He is selling us our car at MSRP and has been great to deal with. He knows how important this car is and anytime he has information, he calls me right away. He told me on Thursday that he just got his dealer car in so you should be able to look at it. It is a victory red V6, but I believe it has the RS package on it. Anyway, you don't have to put up with shady/unhelpful dealers, there are some good ones out there. Good luck! If you talk with him, tell him Jennifer & Gene Tyler sent you!
Old 05-02-2009, 10:44 PM   #44
Crossmanj21

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS & 1986 GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrnMchin View Post
Sorry to hear this. I don't have any experience with Today Chev, but if you are looking for a good dealer, you are not far from Port Angeles. Go talk to Bill Koenig at Koenig Chev up there. He is selling us our car at MSRP and has been great to deal with. He knows how important this car is and anytime he has information, he calls me right away. He told me on Thursday that he just got his dealer car in so you should be able to look at it. It is a victory red V6, but I believe it has the RS package on it. Anyway, you don't have to put up with shady/unhelpful dealers, there are some good ones out there. Good luck! If you talk with him, tell him Jennifer & Gene Tyler sent you!
Thanks for the ref. I will have to wait till middle of June to head up to PA since they just closed down the Hood Canal Bridge. I was really hoping to start a good relationship with a dealer close but neither of them seem interested in selling a car to a person who has no problem buying one. PA is close enough and the ride up there is great. Thanks again!
Crossmanj21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:16 AM   #45
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossmanj21 View Post
Thanks for the ref. I will have to wait till middle of June to head up to PA since they just closed down the Hood Canal Bridge. I was really hoping to start a good relationship with a dealer close but neither of them seem interested in selling a car to a person who has no problem buying one. PA is close enough and the ride up there is great. Thanks again!
Anytime! I don't wan't any of us getting the shaft with a crappy dealer. We dealt with a couple of shady dealers before we found Bill, and in fact, he rescued us when our first dealer (GOOTEE) in Chehalis went under. We had an Oct order and with Gootee going under our order was cancelled. Fortunatley the owner of Gootee was friends with Bill and transfered our order to him in PA. He guaranteed MSRP, and was able to get GM to keep our original order date in Oct rather than having to re-order in March. We have to drive a little farther, but it is worth it. So far this has been a good dealer experience.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:46 PM   #46
Shadowmind

Drives: 2010 2SS - IOM, fully loaded
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamlynn1 View Post
hmmmmmm, at least you are comfortable with your tactics If we were to mislead you in anyway for any reason we would be flamed to the high heavens on sites like these etc etc.
You know... this is exactly why people have hated car salesmen for centuries...

"Ohhh, poor me, everyone hates me. Im the victim. Im just trying to make a living, just like all of you..."

The problem is that you've chosen a profession that is not much better than being a straight up conman.

The problem I have with dealerships right now is that they are charging far too much for these cars and they know it. And when you have ANY amount of knowledge about what is real, they crap all over their customer, just to get them out of the showroom. Because they know, they can only sell to the ignorant.

Even if you sold the car at MSRP, your making money. But that's not all... There is the depreciation of the trade in. There is the hiking up of the finance charges. There is the slapped on, extra few thousand for the additional warrenties. There is the hundreds of $$ of fees for 'paperwork'. Its a big sham. All of it. If the customer negotiates on 1 side of the game, another side is increased to offset it.

I walk into a dealership and I know I want to pay MSRP OR LESS for a car.
I know EXACTLY how much my trade in is worth, KBB (love the, ohhh no one trades on KBB anymore... Yeah right buddy).
I know what my finance rate is going to be ahead of time.
I know that you're not allowed to charge paperwork fees if I asked to have it waived.

As soon as I let the salesman know these figures, either I get ignored (cause Im a waste of their time) or it becomes a haggle war for 8 hours straight, hoping that one of us is going to breakdown just to get out of the shop...

This isn't a 'game' for the customer. Its called knowing what your willing to pay. Car buying is the LAST known haggling market in the US. THAT is what pisses customers off. Its not enough that dealerships get their overhead profits, but that they price cars too far out, and the customer is expected to haggle for 8 hours to buy their damn car.

It is BS that were not allowed to purchase vehicles direct from the manufacturer. Hell, I'll pay the $800 delivery fee myself, as long as I got what I wanted at MSRP or less...

Lets just cut all the dead weight out of the company... Nuke all the dealership contracts.
Shadowmind is offline   Reply With Quote