Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-26-2013, 09:34 AM   #169
FitterMike

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew9440 View Post
And he doesnt have a Corvette correct?
No vette
Avante Garde F241 20x10 Front 20x11 Rear
Pioneer Stage 4 Sub x2, Pioneer Stage 4 3Way Components, Pioneer PRS 2 Channel ICE Amps x5
Magnuson TVS2300, Pfadt Tri-Y Headers, Roto-Fab Intake
Follow me on Instagram @flawlessdetailsinc
Tuned and Built by Davenport Motorsports.
FitterMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:23 AM   #170
matthew9440

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FitterMike View Post
No vette
No Vette no argument.

matthew9440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:09 PM   #171
Bk7

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LS
At the Traffic light.

Guy in Van: Yo man, niceee car!!!
Me: Thanks. "with a James Bond pose"
Guy in Van: What year is it?
Me: 2011
Guy in Van: Get fatter tires!!
Me: Speechless
Bk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:42 PM   #172
matthew9440

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bk7 View Post
At the Traffic light.

Guy in Van: Yo man, niceee car!!!
Me: Thanks. "with a James Bond pose"
Guy in Van: What year is it?
Me: 2011
Guy in Van: Get fatter tires!!
Me: Speechless
I'd be like "get a fatter wife". Then be like "oh that's impossible isn't it?"

matthew9440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:15 PM   #173
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
When I first got the car a waitress at the local Village Inn was on her smoke break when I pulled in to get breakfast. She ended up being my waitress. The conversation went like this.

Waitress: Was that you that pulled up in that bad assed black Mustang?

Me: Seriously?

Waitress: What?

Me: It's a fricken Camaro.

Waitress: OMG I'm SO sorry!

Me: Get me some coffee so I can be more civilized about this... lol

Another time I was taking a F/F class and all the guys were oohing and ahhhing over the girl. Then there is always the one SOB that makes a comment about the gas mileage.

Me: Well it get's better mileage than the Blazer Xtreme I had before this with a 6 cyl.

Him: Pointing to his Ford Fusion and says yeah but I bet it doesn't get the mileage of my car.

Me: Yeah it doesn't, but EVERY SINGLE TIME I DRIVE MY CAR I SMILE FROM EAR TO EAR. Does your Fusion make you do that? No? Then shut up and live in your Middle Aged misery. I'm 40 BTW.

Just the other day I was dropping my kid off at his Elementary School and there were some 5th grade crossing guards or what ever you call them. When I pull up I was idling pretty low so the girl was being quiet. The boys were all "LOOK IT'S A CAMARO!"

I walk my son to the gate and come back when I crank her up she does that loud ROAR the NPP exhaust does on start up. I made sure my windows were down before I cranked her up. I heard both of the boys screaming "YES!" and "THAT'S AWESOME!" That kind of thing makes it all worth it.
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:43 PM   #174
juandavr

Drives: BMW M235i
"hey man, look at that chevrolet mustang!" that is the only one
juandavr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:54 PM   #175
Gen5SS

Drives: 2010 SS/RS 6 Spd Manual IOM
I pulled up at a junkyard and I was going to look for some 56 truck parts back in 2010 as I heard they had a few sitting in the back. This old guy sitting on the side by the counter comes up to me and asks what I've got in there, I told him LS3 with headers, exhaust and CAI. He then tells me " Big mistake, you should have got the V6, I have a friend with the V6 and it has a turbo kit and it destroy's the V8" I looked at him to see if he was trying to be a shithead and was just bored sitting around the junkyard all day and replied " what do you think a turbo kit would do on a V8?" His head kinda turned sideways like when you talk to a dog and they are trying to figure out what your saying to them, the guy behind the counter just laughed and told me where the trucks were sitting in the yard. I think he might have have been a daytime drinker. I have no idea where people come up with this shit in their head. Other than that one time it's been thumbs up from mustang drivers and every other person I've met.
2010 2SS/RS, 417 stroker, 4.0 Callies crank and rods, JRE pistons w/hellfire nitrous top rings, Kooks 1 7/8 LT, Kooks 3" Exhaust, CAI Intake and Scoop, Cam SullivanGM W/ Hardened PR, Stock Heads. Dual Springs, Mcleod RXT Clutch, Hurst LL W/ Cruise Momentary, GM 3.91 gears, Nitrous Outlet direct port 200 shot, Dedicated Fuel Cell(C16), LNC2000 and NOS Mini controller, BMR suspension w/Bushings, Pfadt Drop, Pfadt Diff Bushings, 1400hp DSS Axles, DSS driveshaft, Solid Engine Mounts, Razzi Body Kit, Speedhut Gauges,T-REX Phantom Grills (Black) 533RWHP/500RWTQ N/A, 724RWHP/816RWTQ 200 Shot
Gen5SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:03 PM   #176
Altma

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 1LT Synergy Green
I got a coolest car of the night award last week at a local cruise. Thry only give out one a week. I walked up to get my trophy and when I got back to my car there were a few people looking at it. One guy came up and said when I heard you won, I had to come see it. I never bothered to look at the new Camaro.

On the surface sounds somewhat of a compliment. I see it as "when I was walking around I completely dismissed it because it wasnt 30+ years old so therefore not worth my time".

When I go to cruise nights I walk around and admire all the cars. I love cars. No matter what. Some arent my style, but I still give them attention. I dunno. Maybe its just me.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-28-2013, 12:12 PM   #177
AJT31

Drives: 2013 2ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen5SS View Post
I pulled up at a junkyard and I was going to look for some 56 truck parts back in 2010 as I heard they had a few sitting in the back. This old guy sitting on the side by the counter comes up to me and asks what I've got in there, I told him LS3 with headers, exhaust and CAI. He then tells me " Big mistake, you should have got the V6, I have a friend with the V6 and it has a turbo kit and it destroy's the V8" I looked at him to see if he was trying to be a shithead and was just bored sitting around the junkyard all day and replied " what do you think a turbo kit would do on a V8?" His head kinda turned sideways like when you talk to a dog and they are trying to figure out what your saying to them, the guy behind the counter just laughed and told me where the trucks were sitting in the yard. I think he might have have been a daytime drinker. I have no idea where people come up with this shit in their head. Other than that one time it's been thumbs up from mustang drivers and every other person I've met.
Lmao such stupidity! That head sideways dog reference was hilarious too hahah, my dog does it all the time!
AJT31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:46 PM   #178
RallyellowRS

Drives: 2012 2LT RS
I mostly get... Why did you buy a yellow car?
RallyellowRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:35 PM   #179
nfl46

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LS
"Everyone and their mom has a Camaro. Why would you get that car for?" "Man, you know those Mustangs are way faster than yours!"
nfl46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:03 PM   #180
Thunderhexed

Drives: 2015 "Red Hot" 1LT/RS
I always get the "not bad - for a BASE model". Yeah maybe it is, but it's STILL a Camaro through and through and will run circles around your USED Mazda6 yer daddy bought you cuz your last car got reposessed. I also get, I prefer Trans Ams more.
Thunderhexed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #181
Sugarfree135

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Damn haters 😜
Sugarfree135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:21 PM   #182
Concours

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT/RS
Some friends came up with this one .. and my wife wants me to get a personalized plate! OGIC (Old Guy In Camaro)
Concours is offline   Reply With Quote