Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-29-2009, 09:40 PM   #1
newgenss
http://gtoautoglass.com

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS SS
Tail light bezel removal?

Has anyone done this ? If so how? I plan on getting them done in a black chrome or flat black, not sure. Anyway does anyone know where to get them done in the black chrome? Thanks
newgenss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:47 PM   #2
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
I removed mine. Search for the thread called "the annihilator" for the removal insttructions.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:35 PM   #3
World of Wheels

Drives: 2SS Spaceship
I found it to be less of a headach to remove the whole bumper cover to take them out. But thats just me
Attached Images

World of Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:29 PM   #4
newgenss
http://gtoautoglass.com

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS SS
Awesome thanks!
newgenss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:19 PM   #5
ac223mal

Drives: car
I tried the instructions in the "the annihilator" thread and I found that lights fit into a piece molded in to the bumper. When I unscrewed the tail lights, I still had to push the bezels out. The bezels hold the tail lights in place and the bezels fit into the molded bumper, so unscrewing the tail lights does not free up the bezels. I'm not trying to argue with Hylton, cause I would take his method before mine, it didn't work for me. Maybe I did something wrong, but I couldn't make the instructions work for me.
ac223mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:30 PM   #6
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac223mal View Post
I tried the instructions in the "the annihilator" thread and I found that lights fit into a piece molded in to the bumper. When I unscrewed the tail lights, I still had to push the bezels out. The bezels hold the tail lights in place and the bezels fit into the molded bumper, so unscrewing the tail lights does not free up the bezels. I'm not trying to argue with Hylton, cause I would take his method before mine, it didn't work for me. Maybe I did something wrong, but I couldn't make the instructions work for me.
We were busting the trims tabs without taking the tail lights out. I agree that the best way is to remove the rear fascia completely to get full access. Might as well get some practice doing that since you have to do the same thing if you have to change one of the reverse light bulbs. :(
Old 07-30-2009, 06:12 PM   #7
ac223mal

I jacked up one tab on mine, before I managed to figure out if you push it straight it'll come out ok. So did you use the tail light itself to push out the trim? Great Job in the car by the way!
Old 07-30-2009, 06:17 PM   #8
Hylton

Quote:
I jacked up one tab on mine, before I managed to figure out if you push it straight it'll come out ok. So did you use the tail light itself to push out the trim? Great Job in the car by the way!
Thanks. We pushed on each tail light bolt going from bolt to bolt so that the tail light would come out very straight. When we only pushed one bolt, the tail light would be pushed to one side and would jam.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:52 PM   #9
ac223mal

Good to know that's how it worked. I wasn't able to get enough strength behind just pushing on the bolts. On a side note, how much of a contrast is the gloss black to the metallic silver on the rear bumper. I'm debating the same thing, just not sure how a non metallic paint will look next to a metallic paint.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:58 PM   #10
Hylton

Quote:
Good to know that's how it worked. I wasn't able to get enough strength behind just pushing on the bolts. On a side note, how much of a contrast is the gloss black to the metallic silver on the rear bumper. I'm debating the same thing, just not sure how a non metallic paint will look next to a metallic paint.
Yeah it is tricky getting the pressure onto the bolts, especially the lower one's. I found the gloss black looks fantastic and nothing looks funny. Fbodfather recommended the diamond black to me. It's a paint found on the current Cadillacs if you want the same kind of metallic flake found in SIM.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:03 PM   #11
ac223mal

Thanks Hylton, Ill ask a couple of other questions on your "the annihilator" so I don't hijack this one.