Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 06-07-2011, 08:44 AM   #15
SSNIGHTMARE

Drives: 2002 SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets77 View Post
Yeah, that's what we need during a recession: more taxes. What a moron.

In his interview with The News, Akerson also weighed in on the nation's debt ceiling, saying Congress should raise it from its current $14.3 trillion mark. The government could default on its debt on Aug. 2.
"We're too good a nation to let ourselves be a banana republic," Akerson said, warning that a default would be "unimaginable" and could hurt auto sales.
But he agrees with those who say the country has been spending money it can't afford.

Oh I get it: he's getting his talking points from his boss, Obama.

u can almost c the zebras hand up his azz making his lips move
02 SS, STOCK, THE SLO HO
08 CTS, POS
EFI Live
"Nitrous is like a hot girl with STD's, you know you wanna hit it but you're afraid of the consequences!"

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

--Samuel Adams
SSNIGHTMARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:47 AM   #16
--camaro--

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS LS3 SIM w/black strips
So as a thank you to Americans for saving his company's a** he wants to raise taxes...how about cutting the unnecessary government spending!
--camaro-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:48 AM   #17
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
And this will probably get this thread closed if I go off on "liberal agendas" but I want to state a fact that few of these "leaders" ever take into account when they make decisions like this:

As a small business owner, I have to buy gas for my cars/trucks to get to work, the bank, clients, ect. This is one of the first expenses I write off as a cost of doing business. This write off is taken whether it is $2,000 a month or $6,000 a month. This is money that will never be taxed by the government as profit. Ever. So tax revenues fall year after year after year for both the state and federal governments as these gas prices continue to eat into profits for businesses. This has also lead to higher prices (inflation) pretty much on everything...taking another bite out of profits. Seeing the decrease in tax revenues, local and federal officials deem a raise in taxes is required to make up the budget shortfalls...and we the people take it in the shorts.

This cycle is self perpetuating and will continue until we either kick the idiots out of Washington, or implode. Right now, we are on the course of imploding.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:50 AM   #18
Autobots
Roll out!

Drives: 2010 ss/rs ls3
It said someone from ford said the same thing so if you want to go from gm then dodge might be your choice. but with them I'n the same hole as gm I'n our tax money makes it a tuff pick
Old 06-07-2011, 08:51 AM   #19
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
"It's career suicide for a politician to call for raising gas taxes," Lindland said...

When will these greedy morons realize that the key to fixing the economy is LOWERING gas prices?
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:53 AM   #20
Autobots
Roll out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toesuf94 View Post
And this will probably get this thread closed if I go off on "liberal agendas" but I want to state a fact that few of these "leaders" ever take into account when they make decisions like this:

As a small business owner, I have to buy gas for my cars/trucks to get to work, the bank, clients, ect. This is one of the first expenses I write off as a cost of doing business. This write off is taken whether it is $2,000 a month or $6,000 a month. This is money that will never be taxed by the government as profit. Ever. So tax revenues fall year after year after year for both the state and federal governments as these gas prices continue to eat into profits for businesses. This has also lead to higher prices (inflation) pretty much on everything...taking another bite out of profits. Seeing the decrease in tax revenues, local and federal officials deem a raise in taxes is required to make up the budget shortfalls...and we the people take it in the shorts.

This cycle is self perpetuating and will continue until we either kick the idiots out of Washington, or implode. Right now, we are on the course of imploding.
The bad thing is the government dose not want small business so they like what makes it tuff on you
Old 06-07-2011, 08:55 AM   #21
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post

When will these greedy morons realize that the key to fixing the economy is LOWERING gas prices?
And we have the ability to do that. First just the mention of the U.S. becoming more self sufficient will make those baztards in OPEC shake in their boots. We have the resources here to fuel ourself. We just need to get it started. Once we do, watch the prices drops. It's really pretty simple.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:01 AM   #22
Autobots
Roll out!

Yes it's bad that they are pushing 17k cars over there 45k cars but they look at things as a whole amount , way more people can afford a 17k and its a much bigger market and there cheaper to make and they look at it also if u can afford a 45k car then u can afford the gas tax. the thing that gets me is if I'm I'n the market for a gas saver car I'm not thinking gm more like Honda or Toyota and I know I can't be the only one
Old 06-07-2011, 09:03 AM   #23
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
What kind of thing is this to say

Please buy the $17k product instead of $45k product. Good business sense
Yeah, but if they sell 3 Cruzes for every Suburban, then they're doing alright.

"
"You know what I'd rather have them do -- this will make my Republican friends puke -- as gas is going to go down here now, we ought to just slap a 50-cent or a dollar tax on a gallon of gas," Akerson said.
"People will start buying more Cruzes and they will start buying less Suburbans."

What a douche. No politician is going to go for this. This would be a quicker ticket out of office than showing your weiner on Twitter.

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:04 AM   #24
toesuf94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobots View Post
The bad thing is the government dose not want small business so they like what makes it tuff on you
But it doesn't change my lifestyle at all...instead of my profits going to taxes, they are going to the gas in my tank...either way I spend the money. The only difference is: The government taxes us at say 35% on our profits...but get a lot less in the gasoline tax I pay at the pump. THEY are HURTING tax revenues by allowing the gas prices to go up. Sure, I make less money in the short term, BUT it washes when I deduct this from my tax bill at the end of the year. This is why they are pushing for a gas tax hike: To make up for the shortfalls they are already seeing. Akerson is floating the trial balloon at the request of his boss - Politicians won't say it, so they make their puppets do their bidding to gauge public reaction. Better be really loud against this one folks!
Old 06-07-2011, 09:08 AM   #25
Shift

Drives: Me 2001 F150, The wife '11 2SS RS
Some families are too big to stuff into a Cruze or similar. I know plenty of broke people driving around Suburbans, Tahoes etc because they just cant fit 3 teenagers in the back seat. Gas prices are already hard enough on them.

Before anyone flames I'm not talking brand new SUV's
Shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:09 AM   #26
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Very easy for a millionaire to think gas should be higher priced.

The company went bankrupt last time gas shot up, gee let's see what would happen if we try that again.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:15 AM   #27
toesuf94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
Very easy for a millionaire to think gas should be higher priced.

The company went bankrupt last time gas shot up, gee let's see what would happen if we try that again.
It's o.k....we can just throw a TARP over it and fix it again...
Old 06-07-2011, 09:16 AM   #28
GreyLS3SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
I look at this from a different perspective. I think GM is trying to put the burden on the consumer instead of themselves, becaue they know trying to meet the new proposed gas mileage rules is going to cost them big $$$. So to lesson their load why not convince the Goverment to put thier burden on the consumer with higher gas prices. They phaze out the big stuff less turnover and setup of factories and build higher profit vehicles since their margins on larger vehicles is not very good vs 20% + for the smaller cars. More gas taxes is not going to solve our problems, it will just put more people out of work. As stated above let the consumer make thier own decisions on what they want to drive. JMHO not worth much but
GreyLS3SS is offline   Reply With Quote