Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 01-18-2011, 09:22 PM   #43
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryman96 View Post
Have to have a look at there tool. All I know is removing bushings suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. Worst part of the job. Yes your right the metal washers on the craddle bushings are a pain, not near as bad as the bushings.

Did you buy tool or borrow? I don't doubt for a minute that shops that do alot of bushing removal have made there own special tool.

ok guys,

i have a cincy diff bushing removal tool, but its currently rented out to another C5 member right now. i should have it back by early next week. it makes the bushing removal take about 5-7 mins each. here is a vid someone else made of the tool being used. email me at: nchauffe@gmail.com

and here is a quote from myself that i posed a few days ago.

"I also bought a Cincy Bushing tool(for removing diff bushings) if anyone is interested in renting it. I do work on other cars too so if you be interested in just renting it we could do it through pay pal. I was thinking I can take a deposit for $150, and when i get it back i can refund you $120. It would keep y'all from having to spend $170 on a tool you might just use once. I can even send a return self addressed box with it to send it back in.send me a p.m if interested."

here is my thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...51#post2717251

Last edited by BLACK10; 01-22-2011 at 10:42 AM.
BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:44 PM   #44
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible

Thanks for posting the video.

That tool makes it look nice and easy. Your rental option sounds like a plan. Might just have to use that one if I do the diff bushings.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:48 PM   #45
BLACK10

btw, i also send a tube of never-sieze, a small wire bush for cleaning the threads on the bolt and a removed stock bushing to show you exactly how you need to notch it before removal.

just remember, if you change the cradle bushings the torque will then be transfered even more to the soft diff bushings. the diff bushings are only about $70
Old 01-18-2011, 09:49 PM   #46
caverman

WOW.....just looked at the price of the Pfadt bushings.

I'm sure they are quality made but those don't even remotely fit in my budget.

I was pretty much already sold on the BMR stuff......now more than ever.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
Old 01-18-2011, 09:51 PM   #47
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK10 View Post
btw, i also send a tube of never-sieze, a small wire bush for cleaning the threads on the bolt and a removed stock bushing to show you exactly how you need to notch it before removal.

Even better....great idea by the way.

Just curious.....do you have to use a grinding wheel to make those cuts? Wouldn't a good cutting blade on a dremel work just as good? I would think that would give you a little more accuracey.
Build Journal
Old 01-18-2011, 09:55 PM   #48
BLACK10

Quote:
Have to have a look at there tool. All I know is removing bushings suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. Worst part of the job. Yes your right the metal washers on the craddle bushings are a pain, not near as bad as the bushings.

Did you buy tool or borrow? I don't doubt for a minute that shops that do alot of bushing removal have made there own special tool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post

Even better....great idea by the way.

Just curious.....do you have to use a grinding wheel to make those cuts? Wouldn't a good cutting blade on a dremel work just as good? I would think that would give you a little more accuracey.
yep, a dremel tool would work just fine, and easier to handle under a car.

give APEX CHASE a pm, he has GREAT prices on BMR's products
Old 01-18-2011, 10:22 PM   #49
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK10 View Post
ok guys,

i have a cincy diff bushing removal tool, but its currently rented out to another C5 member right now. i should have it back by early next week. it makes the bushing removal take about 5-7 mins each. here is a vid someone else made of the tool being used.

and here is a quote from myself that i posed a few days ago.

"I also bought a Cincy Bushing tool(for removing diff bushings) if anyone is interested in renting it. I do work on other cars too so if you be interested in just renting it we could do it through pay pal. I was thinking I can take a deposit for $150, and when i get it back i can refund you $120. It would keep y'all from having to spend $170 on a tool you might just use once. I can even send a return self addressed box with it to send it back in.send me a p.m if interested."

here is my thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...br /> 2717251
Got any pic's? Although my car is done already I am interested in looking at it.

Old 01-19-2011, 02:25 AM   #50
urr2slo

Drives: 2010 2ss ss/rs abm, 2016 2ss/rs hbm
i went with the energy suspension bushings, but i did the entire car front and rear suspension, the hardest part is pressing out the o.e. bushings, the energy suspension bushings are easy to install afterward, no additional road noise and made a difference in getting rid of the little play i had left, its a real nice kit they have, i went with it all.
better price than bmr, and they've been in the bushing business forever. check out what they have to offer.
if you want the best and price is no problem the pfadt alum bushings are real nice for the subframe and energy suspension for the rest.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:10 AM   #51
BLACK10

Quote:
Got any pic's? Although my car is done already I am interested in looking at it.

ill get some up when i get the tool back
Old 01-19-2011, 08:41 AM   #52
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by urr2slo View Post
i went with the energy suspension bushings, but i did the entire car front and rear suspension, the hardest part is pressing out the o.e. bushings, the energy suspension bushings are easy to install afterward, no additional road noise and made a difference in getting rid of the little play i had left, its a real nice kit they have, i went with it all.
better price than bmr, and they've been in the bushing business forever. check out what they have to offer.
if you want the best and price is no problem the pfadt alum bushings are real nice for the subframe and energy suspension for the rest.

Just looked up some of their prices. Definately not to bad at all. I would like to hear more feedback from others that have used them.

Now....saying that I can get the BMR Stage I street pkg shipped for less than just the cradle bushings from Energy. Difference though is that BMR is just the inserts vs Engery is the whole cradle bushing. Not quite apples to apples but I'm thinking the insert will be as good.

Again....I would like to hear more from people using Engergy. They aren't nearly as active in the C5 community.
Build Journal
Old 01-19-2011, 10:30 AM   #53
Heliwrench

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS
Quote:
Just looked up some of their prices. Definately not to bad at all. I would like to hear more feedback from others that have used them.

Now....saying that I can get the BMR Stage I street pkg shipped for less than just the cradle bushings from Energy. Difference though is that BMR is just the inserts vs Engery is the whole cradle bushing. Not quite apples to apples but I'm thinking the insert will be as good.

Again....I would like to hear more from people using Engergy. They aren't nearly as active in the C5 community.
I haven't really looked into the Energy stuff, but I buy all my stuff from forum sponsors

As for the insert vs full bushing, BMR recommends the inserts up to 450RWHP and the full bushings for anything above that. I still don't know what my end goal for the car is, but like I said, I only wanted to go in there and do it once, so I got the pro bushings.
Suspension: BMR Trailing Arms and Bushings, FE6 Swaybar Conversion With Pedders 27mm Front and 32mm Rear ZL1 Swaybars and Links
Chassis: Hotchkis Chassis Max Brace, BMR Pro Cradle Bushings
Exterior:: Shine by Adam's.
...and plenty more
Heliwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:05 AM   #54
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:

I was looking online and found a site that sells energy cheap. I found the Full cradle bushings and the diff mounts for ~250 shipped. If you were to go with just the inserts it would be about 150 shipped for the inserts and diff mounts.

Not sure what I am going to do yet but just an option. They have been doing poly for 25 years...so I am sure they have a good product.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:38 PM   #55
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
BMR for me.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:05 PM   #56
BMR guy

Drives: 2010 1SS
Lots of good install tips in this thread. Lets keep the thread active with peoples installation experiences. The more times it is done, people will figure out new and better ways to install them. Post pics and install tips so people can decide if this is something they feel comfortable doing or not.
BMR guy is offline   Reply With Quote