Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-17-2014, 07:10 PM   #15
BowtieOrDie

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS
Haha when I plastidipped my rims/bezels/bowtie black my dad says "it needs more chrome" or "back in my day we never painted over chrome". Oh well lol.
Old 08-17-2014, 07:24 PM   #16
dgriddick

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Im 49 and mine rumbles pretty dam hard.. and hey I can still do it like I did when I was 20 except Im a lot better now..

Hes just unhappy.. that come in all age...
dgriddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 07:32 PM   #17
hunter1660

Drives: 2011ss/rs camaro
You should've done donuts around him with " who let the dawgs out " cranked wide open
Old 08-17-2014, 07:32 PM   #18
stlrammer

Drives: 2017 1SS Blue
You handled it like a mature man. Very strange anyone would act that way at any age.
Old 08-17-2014, 07:42 PM   #19
SSNvMiner

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS L99
With the name of 'BeasstMode' that was an excellent and reserved comeback... Kudo's to you... YOU were definitely the man that deserved the respect. It would of been easy to go off at stupid comments.. Youngman/Sir.... you have my respect... and .... by the way... I was born in the late 50's and I love muscle car music(exhaust) and loud classic rock-n-roll.... Our ordered 2SS will have tint and custom graphics on before it ever leaves the dealer...
SSNvMiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 07:43 PM   #20
backbaconrules

Drives: 2011 LT Black
You say bone stock like it's a bad thing.
backbaconrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 07:56 PM   #21
Homer2

Drives: 50th Anni.. coming home 11/01
Old man in a Camaro story time? OK - I'm 52 and act roughly 18-22 most times...Anyways, just cruising along earlier today on a 4 lane regional road - in the slow lane because I had just finished detailing the poor thing to within an inch of its life and the people on the sidewalk needed to see it and hear the blues oozing out the windows from the B.B King Bluesville station.

In the rearview a nice looking red with twin deck stripes and an extractor hood coming up the inside lane. I can hear him (because I turned the music down slightly and thought it might be worth a listen to the V8). I approached my turn, signal up - slowing down and leaving a gap in front of me as I do so. Pulling in the driveway where the classics car show was gathering up - and the old men sitting in lawn chairs behind their cars sat.

Then he punches it - switches into my lane and all the head snap to see wtf made that noise. Old car guys still love the sound of a hearty V8 being stepped on.

Lovely. Made me want a V8 again... bastard !

Oh - the guy driving... older looking than me. Maybe 55-60. Nice.
Homer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:15 PM   #22
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
That jackhole was driving around in a Trans Am with a thunderchicken on the hood, tossing back a few road beers behind the wheel, and cranking REO Speedwagon in the '80s, probably with some blow in the glove box for good measure. Who's he think he's kidding?
Old 08-17-2014, 08:19 PM   #23
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Drives: Red '79 Z28, '21 Red Hot M6 ZL-1!
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasstmode View Post
so this morning, detailed my car then i went up to target to pick up a few things i needed. walking out to my car i open the trunk and a "older" man was parked next to me. with his bone sock camaro. (I'm in my 20's, this man was in his say late 40's early 50's, i mean no disrespect. I'm saying older than me) way out in the parking lot with no other cars next to us. as I'm putting in my bags the guy says "you kids really know how to screw up a nice car".. EXCUSE ME!? i asked what the hell he meant by that, his answer..... with your tinted windows to dark to see anything, overly loud exhaust, and loud music. 1st off my windows are tinted at 20% all around.. not very dark at all (and I'm in phoenix!) 2nd my exhaust is hardly "overly" loud (x pipe w/ axle back.. can't wait to see what he would say if i had my long tubes on already) and 3rd it was 9am and i had my windows up pulling in listening to espn radio on xm.. so i don't know what was up that mans ass this morning but he really annoyed me bright and early.

my response to him.. i sucked it up and smiled and said to each his own.. and got in my car and drove off

so thats how i started my one day off of work this week.. gotta love people!
I'm "older," too! I retired and bought my 1LE as a present to myself. I've been asked several times now about having a "midlife crisis" when they talk about my Camaro. I quickly answer that I have owned at least one and sometimes two Camaros since I was 19 years old! No midlife crisis here, just a lack of new Camaro crisis from 2003 to 2008/9!

I would have been walking around your Camaro yelling, "Cool!"

Tara

PS Several of the Camaros that I've owned have had headers and modified exhaust, nice stereos/cassette/sound systems! Yes, I have adapted well to digital music, iPhones/iPods and Sirius XM.

Tara Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:38 PM   #24
dklowrider

Drives: 2012 1SS, 6spd. many mods 478 rwhp
Yeah, as others have said, it's not all about age. At 58 the only thing I can't warm up to is black wheels. Some (cars w/ black wheels) look good, others just ok, but most just look like the wheels are missing, or nobody ever cleans the brake dust off.
This beast I'm driving is not a mid-life crisis, it's just the next installment of my seeming inability to grow up. Or get old. Or something.
dklowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:39 PM   #25
beasstmode

Drives: 2011 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by backbaconrules View Post
You say bone stock like it's a bad thing.
not at all .. i was just pointing out that his was bone stock and he's probably one of those guys that thinks the car was built that was from the factory, so why try to make it "better"
beasstmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:46 PM   #26
beasstmode

Drives: 2011 camaro ss
hey guys, i honestly meant no disrespect when i said he was a "old" man.. my parents are in there mid 40's and i don't consider them old by any means. i was just pointing out that he was older than me by say 20 to 30 years. at the dealership i work at the "older" guys are mainly the ones with the badass, super loud built cars coming through, :respect:

hope everyone enjoyed the weekend!
beasstmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:59 PM   #27
coryrulez9

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS Blue Ray
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieOrDie View Post
Haha when I plastidipped my rims/bezels/bowtie black my dad says "it needs more chrome" or "back in my day we never painted over chrome". Oh well lol.
They also had real chrome back then, not the easily scratches plastic we have now...
coryrulez9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:37 PM   #28
RJT RS

Drives: 11 RJT 2LT/RS
Wink What he said

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ455 View Post
He may be in his 40's or 50's but he acts like a bitter old man. I'm 42 and I love the rumble of a V8, loud or not and I always will. It's the fart can exhaust that gets to me.
I'm the ol farts age, but I agree w/SSJ455. But...... I never thought this "music?" Would last this long.
RJT RS is offline   Reply With Quote