Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-30-2013, 10:58 PM   #29
CUPRA

Drives: '21 Bronco OBX/'18 Jeep GC Altitude
The sound does go away if someone is in the passenger seat.

This morning, my service manager and I went out in the car to listen for the noise. The noise was not there. The service manager went out in the car on his own, and he couldn't hear the noise either. However, the car made the noise all the way to the dealership on the 30 minute drive before hand!

I have recorded the sound the vibration makes, so they have heard that sound clip (in full stereo through the Camaro headunit via bluetooth no less!).

Haven't heard of the reinforcement plate under the seat/body.
Built: 11/18/22
VIN received: 11/19/22
On a Train: 02/27/23
ETA: TBD

2023 Camaro 2SS Convertible/M6/Shadow Grey Metallic/Adrenaline Red Interior/Carbon Flash Wheels/NPP
CUPRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:33 PM   #30
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
Time to upgrade to ceramic brembos!
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:45 PM   #31
CamaroZ28cc

Drives: 85Z28,04TahoeZ71,112SS/RS BLK
I had an old set of 2-piece wheels on my Z28, one of which used to make sounds like this once they heated up; maybe you have a tiny crack in the wheel? One of the mods on TGO had that happen on his aftermarket wheels back in the day.. Or it could be the center caps like suggested earlier, that's what my problem on my old 2-piece setup ended up being, I was def. surprised! But it seems that just a little warping to the cap and it can make some really loud clicking sounds!.. Maybe try taking them out next time you hear the noise and see if it goes away..? Not sure if any of this will help or not, but it sounds like you've tried all the obvious stuff and some of the not so obvious.. Here's the old-school TGO thread, might have something there.. http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/su...ing-wheel.html
CamaroZ28cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:44 AM   #32
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
Not sure if your car qualifies to be a lemon. Most state has a 18 months limitation and only a few have a 24 month limitation. Might want to check into this.

I know because I had to file a lemon case for my Camaro for a buy back a few months ago.
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:32 AM   #33
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
CUPRA,

Sorry you seem to be experiencing such a difficult time with this issue and I understand how frustrating it may be. I would like to get involved to see if we can generate some different results. If you would, please private message me your full name, number, address with zip, VIN and accurate vehicle mileage? Also send your involved dealers information as well. I will look into this for you and update you.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Well it looks like Chevrolet Customer Service is going to get involved so this should be sorted out now.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:43 AM   #34
rsvk20

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, Imperial Blue Metallic
Random noise

Sounds like the exhaust is rubbing up against the tunnel brace. In which case, it was rattling the e-brake in my car and making the most noise around the 30-50 km/h range. I did put an aftermarket Borla exhaust system on it though, so I pinpointed the problem myself and ordered an aftermarket tunnel brace for clearance. Problem was fixed right away. That's the only noise I can think of that comes close to your problem. But you've said they've adjusted your exhaust numerous times...
rsvk20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:40 AM   #35
CUPRA

Morning. Finally got a linked version of the vibration sound clip. Here goes: You can hear it clearly between 0:14 and 0:18 secs.

https://soundcloud.com/cupras/camaro-vibration-noise

2023 Camaro 2SS Convertible/M6/Shadow Grey Metallic/Adrenaline Red Interior/Carbon Flash Wheels/NPP
Old 05-01-2013, 09:02 AM   #36
LBreezie

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUPRA View Post
Morning. Finally got a linked version of the vibration sound clip. Here goes: You can hear it clearly between 0:14 and 0:18 secs.

https://soundcloud.com/cupras/camaro-vibration-noise
I have a problem similar but mines not the same noise, I have a metallic scratching noise from time to time driving regularly. I will have to post my sound too, so you guys no what im talking about.

Edit: OP, Where and how did you record the sound?
LBreezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:07 AM   #37
CUPRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBreezie View Post
Where and how did you record the sound?
I used my iPhone 5, used the 'memo' feature. Then emailed it to myself under 'share' and then uploaded it to soundcloud.com.

I had the phone in my hand, resting on the handbrake, pointing towards the passenger front wheel area. Hope that helps.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:16 AM   #38
CamaroZ28cc

Drives: 85Z28,04TahoeZ71,112SS/RS BLK
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUPRA View Post
I used my iPhone 5, used the 'memo' feature. Then emailed it to myself under 'share' and then uploaded it to soundcloud.com.

I had the phone in my hand, resting on the handbrake, pointing towards the passenger front wheel area. Hope that helps.
Ok, so definitely not the same sound I had with my old wheels.. Based on the clip, I like RSVKs theory, seems like too much just to be a seat issue.. I assume you've checked that all the plastic moldings are in place and secured? Had a G35 where one of those plastic push clips had broken off and at certain speeds you could hear the inner fender molding blow back and just barely contact the tire; sounded kinda like that, noise went away when going faster, and when parked everything looked completely normal
CamaroZ28cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:14 PM   #39
CUPRA

Well, I got my Camaro back on Friday evening after going up to Classic Chevrolet and driving it for an hour with them. Nothing was done to the car as they couldn't replicate the sound. To be fair, I couldn't replicate the sound either in my drive with them on Friday.

Then as I head home from the dealer, once again, about 5 miles from home, the noise is there again.

Yesterday on the way to work, it was just as bad as it was last week.
This morning, the sound wasn't there when I was poised to make another recording of it on a nice smooth road.

It's driving me insane, that I hear it almost every day, yet when I get to the dealer, it won't make the vibrating noise. I just don't know what to do next.

It's even to the point that I went to a VW dealer to test drive the only other vehicle that I would consider replacing the Camaro with (a 2013 VW CC). Nice car, but as they took my Camaro away to appraise it, I looked at it and thought, I can't give up such a nice car just because I have a vibrating noise in it.

Just wish I could diagnose it, so that it can be fixed and I can enjoy my Camaro 100% again.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:31 PM   #40
nbsp

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS IOM/IOM
Can you replicate it by driving the same stretch of road under the same conditions (ie: bumpy road on a sunny day); if so then maybe get them (dealership) to drive it to the same place under the same conditions?
nbsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:50 PM   #41
SeriouslySinning

Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro 2LT 3.6 V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbsp View Post
Can you replicate it by driving the same stretch of road under the same conditions (ie: bumpy road on a sunny day); if so then maybe get them (dealership) to drive it to the same place under the same conditions?
^^My thoughts
SeriouslySinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:12 PM   #42
Bumble.Bee
Account Suspended

Drives: Prius
You really can't trade in a camaro for a VW CC. Not even on the same level.
Bumble.Bee is offline   Reply With Quote